General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Leather seat...are they covered under warrantee?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 10:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have heated leather seats in my Maxima and today while cleaning up the interior, I noticed there was a scuffled up area on the driver seat next by the seatbelt lock. Its sort of look like a layer of leather being scraped off, but not penetrating into the seat itself. Before I take the car into the dealer, I want to know is this covered under warrantee to replace the seat. I don't want the dealer to give me some BS about this. Just wanna know my rights. Thx.
Old 02-11-2001, 10:43 AM

warranty

the 3yr/36000mi warranty covers all materials. You just have to convince the dealer that this is a defect and not a over use/misuse issue. I got the floormats replaced in my ford because my foot rubed through the carpet in under 3 years. Just be firm and let then know this is not what you expected when you think of nissan quality. If the deal does not budge take every ones names down and try another dealer. If this still doesnt work write a letter to nissan and list all the names of the people there were not helpful.
good luck!!
Old 02-11-2001, 11:37 AM
Johnny

my experience

when my car had 8,000 (98) I noticed a cut in the driver's seat. The dealer that I took it to WOULD NOT replace it. His attitude was how do I know you didn't cut it. Yeah, right. I took it to the dealer I bought the car from and they replaced it no problem. So you should take it to where you bought it just to avoid hassles because the seat cover is an expensive item, probably over $650. Problem is they break the plastic clips when they take it off so keep a careful eye on your lumbar support lever and your seatback falling off all the time. After 12,000 another dealer would not fix it for me, claimed that is an adjustment not a defect and I had moved too far from the original dealer. Whatever happens once you get the fix you're good for 12,000 miles or 12 months regardless of your 3/36. Good luck, those defects are annoying when your car is new.

Old 02-11-2001, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by Omegasrk
I have heated leather seats in my Maxima and today while cleaning up the interior, I noticed there was a scuffled up area on the driver seat next by the seatbelt lock. Its sort of look like a layer of leather being scraped off, but not penetrating into the seat itself. Before I take the car into the dealer, I want to know is this covered under warrantee to replace the seat. I don't want the dealer to give me some BS about this. Just wanna know my rights. Thx.
If your problem is where the seatbelt buckle fits into the "female" part of the buckle, then it's either from the wide plastic part of the male buckle rubbing against your seats, or from the edge of the "female" part rubbing against the seat. This started to happen on my Max, but I drive with a towel on the driver's seat, and put a corner of the towel between the buckle and the seat. It's protected the seat ever since.
Old 02-12-2001, 09:47 AM

nissan floormats

so should nissan floormats be covered under standard 3 year/36000 mile warranty?
Old 02-12-2001, 11:40 AM

Re: nissan floormats

Originally posted by voltman
so should nissan floormats be covered under standard 3 year/36000 mile warranty?
Since they are Genuine Nissan Accessories, they are covered under the standard 3 yr warranty.