General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ROAD KILL on a Z28 !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 04:40 PM
MaxirmaSE

In first gear I didnt do to good cause i had 4 ppl in my car.He just had a fender on me though.But once i hit 2 i pulled.Then 3 i pulled too.He tried to get me on a down shift but i just left him again.hahahahah!!!!

Old 02-11-2001, 05:31 PM

no way
Old 02-11-2001, 05:56 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

hmmmm........

you beat a 305hp sports car!?!?
Old 02-11-2001, 06:01 PM

Maybe a 1981 z28 but not a 97 and up 6spd.
Old 02-11-2001, 06:22 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Hmmmm...if we are talking about the 350 L98 (89-92), LT1 (93-97), or LS1 I'd have to say absolutely no way. I used to own a 94 Z28, automatic no less, and it would rip any Maxima a new hole from 0-50mph. My buddy has a bonestock 93 Z28 auto and he easily puts 2 cars on me 50mph. From a 60mph roll he can't pull on me. A Maxima can't overcome the 325+ ft/lbs of torque and rear-wheel drive that a 89-02 Z28 can put out. Those things launch hard, even with a ton of wheelspin.

The fact that you had 4 people makes the story even more unbelievable. A Maxima with 4 people, would be lucky to break upper 15s.

Dave
Old 02-11-2001, 06:37 PM
MaxirmaSE

it was 97 up Z28... he only got me a fender in first gear .and second gear i pulled.He was racing me b/c he keep on tring to beat me but couldent.

Old 02-11-2001, 07:38 PM

It was probably a V-6 w/ Z-28 badges. No way you beat a real one.
Old 02-11-2001, 07:44 PM

don't know about this road kill. my last car was a 5.0 lx with a bunch of goodies and i could barely keep up with a Z28 with the old iron block let alone the new ones with the aluminum motors. but i do know that my old 5.0 would smoke my max without even trying. maybe the driver of the z28 was just learning stick, or maybe he just didn't know you guys were racing. no offense, just hard to swallow.
Old 02-11-2001, 07:46 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Hard to belive is right......

all manual Z28's 1990+, pull low-mid 6's in the 0-60 and low-mid 14's to 15's in the 1/4 mile!!!(so even if it was an auto its not far behind) the newer '96+ pulls a awesome 5.5, 0-60 and ends up pulling off a 14 second ET total.......are you sure it wasn't a V6 with some BS Z28 badging?? V6 Camoros are an insult, I paced one in my dads '00 Regal(non-SC'ed, DOH!!!!), no comp.........
Old 02-11-2001, 07:51 PM
RussMaxManiac

Dude, quit your BSING, he was playing with you, or it was a riced v6 model with z28 badging.

Originally posted by MaxirmaSE
it was 97 up Z28... he only got me a fender in first gear .and second gear i pulled.He was racing me b/c he keep on tring to beat me but couldent.

Old 02-11-2001, 07:55 PM

Sounds to me like he wasn't racing you. 'Cause if a z28 wanted to pass you it would have.
Old 02-11-2001, 10:14 PM
MaxirmaSE

lol i understand what you guys are thinking..."yeah right~!!" "in your dreams sucker~!!" hahahhaa!!! reality check...it was a stock z-28 and they only run high 13s...and i know he was really trying cuz he looked pissed that a car like mine whooped his Z28 three times in a row.

Old 02-12-2001, 03:41 AM

like i wrote in the other post

b to the...thats right you guessed it, s
Old 02-12-2001, 05:47 AM
RussMaxManiac

Umm no, they run low 13s with a good driver stock. I owned a 99 TransAm 6spd, there is no dam way you will hang dude. You have 15 sec car, he has a 13 sec car. NO!

lol i understand what you guys are thinking..."yeah right~!!" "in your dreams sucker~!!" hahahhaa!!! reality check...it was a stock z-28 and they only run high 13s...and i know he was really trying cuz he looked pissed that a car like mine whooped his Z28 three times in a row.

Old 02-12-2001, 08:49 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Whatever Russ. MaxirmaSE a special "rice" intake and muffler that gives the 5th gen Maxima at least 70hp. Man, where have you been? Don't you know that MaxirmaSE's Max runs 13s right now? The laws of physics don't apply to his Max.

Dave
Old 02-12-2001, 08:54 AM

Oh yeah...

Z28s are just sooo slow. They only run a 13.8 ET, which is more than enough to smoke you. You can't even lie decently. You could have at least said you were alone in the car.
Wait a minute, guys. I just had a thought: Maybe Maxirma really did beat that Z28, since it must have had a flat. Nah, the Z28 would prolly still win.
Old 02-12-2001, 09:10 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Ignorance is bliss.......

Dave
Old 02-12-2001, 09:51 AM
The missing moderator

reality check...it was a stock z-28 and they only run high 13s...
Umm, and how fast do you think you maxima is? low 13's? yeah... with 4 people no less. Reality check for you my friend... wake up and smell the smog.

-Shing
Old 02-12-2001, 10:35 AM
RussMaxManiac

He has been sniffing too many bad things

Anyways, I ran LOREN in my TransAm 6spd at Maxus, I had my AC on, a passenger, and he had a passenger as well, He also had a head start, I took him with ease. The AC on the TA does not turn off, and actually thats why alot of them burn out the pulleys.

Originally posted by Shingles
reality check...it was a stock z-28 and they only run high 13s...
Umm, and how fast do you think you maxima is? low 13's? yeah... with 4 people no less. Reality check for you my friend... wake up and smell the smog.

-Shing

Old 02-12-2001, 10:41 AM

What's cracking me up is:
What happened to those who used to tell me that anything can happen in a street race and faster car doesn't have to win???
Old 02-12-2001, 10:58 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by WoodEar
What happened to those who used to tell me that anything can happen in a street race and faster car doesn't have to win???
You know what cracks me up? Your inability to let things go. Really Chris, LET IT GO, you will still be a man tomorrow morning. Don't hold on to it so tight.. it's annoying as hell.

To answer your question, there's more than a 1.5 second speed difference. If you go by the rule of thumb of 1 car length per .1 sec in the 1/4...that's more than 15 car length. Yes anything can happen when you race a car that's close, say .5 second.. but when it's well over 1.5 seconds if not 2...

let it go man... let it go...
Old 02-12-2001, 11:22 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Hmmm.....

I think most of us are pissed because someone is claiming high 13s in a basically stock 5th gen Max.....What a joke...

As for the prior personal stuff between you and others regarding kills, I can only shrug....
Old 02-12-2001, 11:32 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

oh wait...didn't i tell u guys!!
i road killed a Z06 last night. i had 8 people in the car though. but i still took him out. it was neck to neck until i let the car shift into overdrive and it took him out. it was a pretty good run..the guy was pissed.

Old 02-12-2001, 11:55 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Alright....

Originally posted by DanNY
i road killed a Z06 last night. i had 8 people in the car though. but i still took him out. it was neck to neck until i let the car shift into overdrive and it took him out. it was a pretty good run..the guy was pissed.

ADMIT IT!

It was 8 girls, not guys, right?

That's why you took him.

Quit trying to get away with that stuff here....it won't be tolerated....

[Edited by bill99gxe on 02-12-2001 at 03:55 PM]
Old 02-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Alright....

bill you know i'm just kidding about that. just want the new guy to see that his story was kinda far fetched..and yes 8 chicks..but their bus broken down on the side of the road and they were late for their Playboy shoot..haahaa

Originally posted by bill99gxe
Originally posted by DanNY

ADMIT IT!

It was 8 girls, not guys, right?

That's why you took him.

Quit trying to get away with that stuff here....it won't be tolerated....

[Edited by bill99gxe on 02-12-2001 at 04:01 PM]
Old 02-12-2001, 12:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hmmmmm

Fifth Gen maxima with 4 people beats a Z28 Camaro?
This doesn't count if:
1: It's attached to the back of a tow truck (like most camaros) or....
2: He was towing a boat Or...
3: Everyone in the maxima weighed 100lbs each and the guy in the camaro was 500lbs with three other fat friends.

Otherwise:
He wasn't trying....probably laughing. Or it was a "riced" V6 with Z28 badging (my friend has one and my fourth gen maxima can beat it)
Old 02-12-2001, 01:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I couldn't help it.......

Too funny...........but ain't it true even my freinds 95 or 96 V6 was pure POS.....every other week, "yo dawg can I get a ride??"

Originally posted by breaux124
Hmmmmm

Fifth Gen maxima with 4 people beats a Z28 Camaro?
This doesn't count if:
<b>1: It's attached to the back of a tow truck (like most camaros) or....</b>
Old 02-12-2001, 03:35 PM
MaxirmaSE

damn ya'lls cars must be damn slow if you guys think a z28 is unbeatable. sheesh dont be mad that my 6 month old maxima is faster than yours. dont worry about it imma prove that i am CAPABLE of beating it cuz imma run my car at the track and imma post the picture of me running the 1/4th mile time on my website. oh yeah mah bad there were three people in the 28; a cocky redneck and his **** and a scrub riding in the backseat. nuff said

Old 02-12-2001, 04:12 PM

You know what cracks me up? Your inability to let things go. Really Chris, LET IT GO, you will still be a man tomorrow morning. Don't hold on to it so tight.. it's annoying as hell.

To answer your question, there's more than a 1.5 second speed difference. If you go by the rule of thumb of 1 car length per .1 sec in the 1/4...that's more than 15 car length. Yes anything can happen when you race a car that's close, say .5 second.. but when it's well over 1.5 seconds if not 2...

Aren't you doing the same??? You aren't letting me go are you? Everytime if I say anything, you always have to interpret it the way you want and give some self-righteous replies, right? I think that's annoying as hell also, now what?
If you hate haters, you are a hater yourself, you realize that right?

Btw, I don't see what you mean by 1.5sec if not 2sec. I thought a Z28 runs high 13's stock, more than several people on the forum run high 14's or faster in their 5th gen with bolt-ons. So it's 1sec if you ask me.
Old 02-12-2001, 05:15 PM
The missing moderator

No Chris, I don't hate haters, I just don't like you. do YOU get it? Look, let me put it to you this way. You don't own a maxima, so you are a guest. I consider people on this forum "family". It's really that simple. And no, I am not seeking to be self-righteous. I sleep very well at night without having to put you down.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.... show me that 50% of the 5th gen can hit high 14's then I'll take you claim of 1 second... but that doesn't even matter, 1 second is till 10 car lenght, well over 100 feet.

Let me remind you once again that you are a guest....

Aren't you doing the same??? You aren't letting me go are you? Everytime if I say anything, you always have to interpret it the way you want and give some self-righteous replies, right? I think that's annoying as hell also, now what?

Btw, I don't see what you mean by 1.5sec if not 2sec. I thought a Z28 runs high 13's stock, more than several people on the forum run high 14's or faster in their 5th gen with bolt-ons. So it's 1sec if you ask me.
Old 02-12-2001, 05:16 PM
The missing moderator

No Chris, I don't hate haters, it's just you I do not like. do YOU get it? Look, let me put it to you this way. You don't own a maxima, so you are a guest. I consider people on this forum "family". It's really that simple. And no, I am not seeking to be self-righteous. I sleep very well at night without having to put you down.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.... show me that 50% of the 5th gen can hit high 14's then I'll take you claim of 1 second... but that doesn't even matter, 1 second is till 10 car lenght, well over 100 feet.

Old 02-12-2001, 05:35 PM

Well I guess we all know who the black sheep of the family is :o) n/m.

Old 02-12-2001, 05:51 PM

Maybe he did beat a Z28.......

However I'm betting it was a 3rd gen (87-92) Z28 with a 305 TBI V8. I raced a modded one at the illegals and was dead even with it from 1st to 3rd gear. Now assuming he can drive his car faster than I can drive mine maybe he did win. Otherwise the Z28 was a victim of a Ricer flyby. I also agree with everyone else, ain't no damn way a NA max stays with a Z28 (especially a 350 V8).
Old 02-12-2001, 06:27 PM

Come on! Weve said it way too many times. I think Maxirma could have misjuded whether or not he (I think maxirma is a she.... Look at he/she's site...THE WHOLE SITE). Even if she/he is bs'ing.... dont you think she/he gets the point?
Old 02-12-2001, 06:30 PM

Shingles: I don't quite buy the thing about every tenth is a car legnth. I've heard it before but it doesn't make sense to me. It has to be a variable. Take a fixed point and run a car past it at 30mph, then at 200mph (I know these are extremes). The distance the car travels at the different speeds is going to be different as well. Thats just my thoughts though

*** who thinks he beat a Z28: Maybee you should try going into politics. Then you can change your stories every other minute like your so good at. If you were smart you would just admit that your full of ish so we can all move on.
Old 02-12-2001, 07:24 PM

No Chris, I don't hate haters, it's just you I do not like. do YOU get it? Look, let me put it to you this way. You don't own a maxima, so you are a guest. I consider people on this forum "family". It's really that simple. And no, I am not seeking to be self-righteous. I sleep very well at night without having to put you down.

Woah I guess I will go cry in my corner now, geez, ask me if I care whether you like me or not.
Also, you are still doing what I do, which you suppose to hate. See, I don't let things go, but you don't let go the fact that I don't let things go, what's the difference??

Sure, I am a guest. If Jambo makes the rules saying no guest is allowed and only owners can visit, then I shut the hell up. Before that, I have rights to post just like everyone else.
Btw, stop talking big on high level, tell me why exactly my original post was wrong.
<i>What happened to those who used to tell me that anything can happen in a street race and faster car doesn't have to win???</i>
I don't see how it's offensive, in fact you are the only person has problem with it. If I had posted someting bad in a common sense, I think alot more people would be on my case.

Now about the topic, I never said 50% of 5th gen hit high 14's, I only said "more than several" people, if you look at people's signature, you will see quite a few people claiming high 14's for their 5th gen. In fact wasn't there a subject long time ago about a stock 5th gen can break into 14's?
Also it's not even about 1's difference or not, you are assuming the Z28 driver can drive, but again if it's about other cases, I can just picture you guys saying "heck maybe the dude in the 540 couldn't drive for sh*t, that's why the Max took him, it's about the driver, not the car", right? LAMO.
Old 02-12-2001, 07:29 PM
RussMaxManiac

Dude, leave the dam board. We don't need your lieing rice *** here. Go to bryans riceboy page.

damn ya'lls cars must be damn slow if you guys think a z28 is unbeatable. sheesh dont be mad that my 6 month old maxima is faster than yours. dont worry about it imma prove that i am CAPABLE of beating it cuz imma run my car at the track and imma post the picture of me running the 1/4th mile time on my website. oh yeah mah bad there were three people in the 28; a cocky redneck and his **** and a scrub riding in the backseat. nuff said

Old 02-12-2001, 07:30 PM
RussMaxManiac

Chris shut the hell up dude. You always cause ****.

A stock Z28 lightest model can run 12.8 STOCK, with a good driver per GM high performance magazine. It has been done. Most of them run mid 13s.

Old 02-12-2001, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Russ2kSE
Chris shut the hell up dude. You always cause ****.

A stock Z28 lightest model can run 12.8 STOCK, with a good driver per GM high performance magazine. It has been done. Most of them run mid 13s.
no sh*t, what am i causing?? what did i do, defending <b>a max owner</b>?? wow, what a bastard i am, huh?

sure z28 runs mid 13's, but what happened to the saying that anything can happen in street racing that you guys were trying to preach before??
Old 02-12-2001, 08:11 PM

i beat a Z28 too...but it stalled at the light :)

not sure where everyone is going in there replies, but i think we should drop maximase's post. we all know he THINKS his car is fast and if any of his story is legit, than it was a white ricer (probably put a z28 badge on his v6 camaro). dont want to totally oppose him, but he's got his ego's somewhere up there. just wait till he races a civic with a TYPE-R badge. his next post would be "ROAD KILL on a CIVIC TYPE-R."

Quick Reply: ROAD KILL on a Z28 !!!!