General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

On my way into work I decided to visited my local post office, one word DAMN

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

On my way into work I decided to visited my local post office, one word DAMN

My local post office has a scale in the lobby and the lobby is always open 24/7 for those who need to get to their PO box

Ever since I got my wheels several years ago I've always wonder how much they weigh. Well today the guess is over. These MF's are heavy compared to those **** ase light weight wheels you see in the tuner magazines.

For the pass year+ I've been rolling with the stockers and loving the get up and go response. And since I'm planning these Cobra rotor install I'm gonna have to re-install my 17's to clear these rotors.

When I was rolling with the 17's and stock brakes I didn't think I lost that much throttle response down low due to the extra weight of the tire/wheel combo, but putting these suckers on a scale and knowing how much they actually weigh is putting a sad note in my mind. And then to add the weight of the Cobra rotor isn't helping much.

When this is said and done and I've worked out all the wrinkles with the pending Cobra install I think I'm gonna have to flip the bill for some light weight wheels and 2 piece OEM Cobra rotors

How much they weigh you ask, take a look-see

These are the wheels I'm refering to

This is what they weigh

I happen to weigh a Cobra rotor while I was there

And this is what a load Z32 caliper weighs

FUN, FUN, FUN
Old 09-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

I don't think you can link externally from webshots.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Originally Posted by SteVTEC

I don't think you can link externally from webshots.
That's funny I'm looking at the pics fine on this thread. I even pre-viewed thread before posting to make sure it would work. Try copy/paste the pic first and go back to thread and take a look-see

I dig your running man into the X

EDIT
Ok I see what you're saying, at times the pics don't come up for me either. Well I didn't want to do it but you can look here for the pics

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=358672&page=1

Don't you hate when someone post a link to a link to a link
I know Cardomain allows externally linking but this stupid PC I'm on doesn't allow me to link the full image from Cardomain. So I had to use my stand-by website or wait to I get home. Now back to work