General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

anybody got one of those fast maxima's neer detroit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 11:00 AM

wanna run?

Old 09-17-2000, 05:01 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I don't think anyone on this board is from Detroit area->

There are only a handful of fast maxima. Most of them are in the Texas area. Low 13s and high 12s. What's the point you are trying to prove? 3000GT VR4 are sports cars. Brand new they are around $40K. Brand new Maxima are $25K. Not everyone with 3000GT VR4 keep their car in top condition and know how to launch AWD. Turbo cars runs like crap when don't keep them up. I can probably take an older 3000GT VR4 with dead turbos =). Go play with Supras, RX-7 or V8s.

Originally posted by majikman
wanna run?
Old 09-17-2000, 05:49 PM

Anyone got one of those fast VR4s near Massachusetts? Wanna see if I give a flying ****? Thats right..

Oh yeah, nice racing stripes.. Dork.. I dig the Mito Modulars though.
Old 09-17-2000, 06:49 PM

that Stealth needs....

1. a stripe delete option
2. a coat hanger delete option
3. a new owner (preferably a junkyard)
4. the stock spoiler put back on it
5. those wheels would look way better on a Z
6. we need an eject button for unwanted trespassors
7. It's 10pm. does your mommy know where you are?
8. And last but not least, how do you feel picking on us lilO' maxima guys? you should be ashamed.

BTW, I bet your own forum is realy proud of you, get out of this the class act forum SON; we don't like your kind hangin round deez parts! LOL.

"Hry honey; look what the trashman forgot last night"
Oh, just sothis is MAXIMA related.....
SouthPoint NISSAN was a blast! Hey bret get that shifter put on yet?
Old 09-17-2000, 10:40 PM

Dude, get rid of those racing stripes.
Old 09-17-2000, 11:08 PM

so u take offense to some friendly competition? thats not very nice!whos got the fastest maxima on the BOARD? what does it run?

Old 09-18-2000, 05:14 AM
Che

c'mon man

that tt stealth is out of the maxima league...it's not about "friendly competition" it's about a different class of car. You want one of us 4 door sedans to race your 2 door twin turbo car? what the hell kind of competition is that? If that's your idea of "friendly competion" let me go see if my neighbor wants to race my max with his ford aspire.
Old 09-18-2000, 05:39 AM

wanna run?
Just curious...what's the fastest N/A stealth/3gt running? Is the base model pretty fast? I bet it is since it's a N/A 3L and it weighs 500 more pounds than a Maxima.
Old 09-18-2000, 06:18 AM

There is no "friendly competition" when racing cars out of your catagory. 4 door vs 2 door sports car-Nah. Ask people from the 300Z board's if you want to race a Nissan, they are they guys you want to talk to. TT vs TT right? Oh well. Damn mopars..... oh wait... i mean damn DSM's. I've owned one too, JUNK.
Old 09-18-2000, 06:38 AM

hey Mr. Stealth..........

I've got a friend with a 502 in a chevelle and he's running 10.2 all day long, wanna race? N/A to your TT

Sounds dumb doesn't it?

five
wanna run?
Old 09-18-2000, 07:21 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

If you want fair competition, bring your fastest NA->

Non-RT SL model VS NA Maxima. This would be more of a friendly competition. UP for that majikman?

so u take offense to some friendly competition? thats not very nice!whos got the fastest maxima on the BOARD? what does it run?
Old 09-18-2000, 07:37 AM

HAHA.......

He's probably jealous cuz in like 4-5weeks we have over 700 users registered(maybe not all max owners but people with interest). Sure....your Mitsu(cuz thats what it is...dodge didn't make that TT honey) is probably faster than 99.99% of the Maximas on the road. Your car is obivously fast......and nobody here could give a rats ***!

Gee and to think.....they say fruit(you) doesn't travel well

Mike S.

[Edited by Mike S. on 09-18-2000 at 10:06 AM]
Old 09-18-2000, 10:11 AM

RIght on maximas boys!

Right on!
Old 09-18-2000, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wanna run?

I bet you got a woody when you posted that! Hehehe. Seriously, I would like to run against a similar car but I'm in NJ. Know anyone near me with the same setup as you? I'm not saying I'd win but it'd be fun to race. I actually emailed the webmaster of your BBS looking for a guy who wanted to race a SC'd Maxima but never heard back from him. Can you help?

Jim

[Edited by JJW95SC on 09-18-2000 at 02:54 PM]
Old 09-18-2000, 12:38 PM

Damn I love those OZ wheels.

wanna run?
Old 09-18-2000, 12:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Damn I love those OZ wheels.

No frickin' way, Dave!! Your wheels look 10x better. Those OZ would look nice if they had any kind of lip to them. But those look hideous. Would rather have the factory 18's.

But what do I know? I put RWD rims on my car. har-har

Originally posted by DavidL7
wanna run?
Old 09-18-2000, 12:53 PM

Hehe yeah those wheels would look alot better if the wheel had a lip.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff92se
[I]No frickin' way, Dave!! Your wheels look 10x better. Those OZ would look nice if they had any kind of lip to them. But those look hideous. Would rather have the factory 18's.

But what do I know? I put RWD rims on my car. har-har

Old 09-18-2000, 01:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

lol

i bet this guy JUST stumbled onto the maxima/3000gt argument over on the 3000gt board. Wanna go back doug? But seriously, I'll race you. Only stipulation is there has to be 4 people in the car. I win.

Chris
Old 09-18-2000, 05:19 PM
QUANSUNG

Re: hey Mr. Stealth..........

Originally posted by fivelitrekiller
I've got a friend with a 502 in a chevelle and he's running 10.2 all day long, wanna race? N/A to your TT

Sounds dumb doesn't it?

five
wanna run?
i don't know what chevelle is but it sounds like an old car you can buy from a junk yard real cheap put a couple of grand in it and run 10's ,listen man one,your car needs 2 turbos to beat one our stock 5speeds ,two a supercharged 5speed would likely be a good race because it's not as heavy as your car so it could go either way ,but if you want to race a nissan try a 300zx tt or do you feel safer racing a midsize family sedan?

Old 09-18-2000, 05:37 PM

Re: Re: hey Mr. Stealth..........

Originally posted by QUANSUNG

Sounds dumb doesn't it?

five
wanna run?
i don't know what chevelle is but it sounds like an old car you can buy from a junk yard real cheap put a couple of grand in it and run 10's ,listen man one,your car needs 2 turbos to beat one our stock 5speeds ,two a supercharged 5speed would likely be a good race because it's not as heavy as your car so it could go either way ,but if you want to race a nissan try a 300zx tt or do you feel safer racing a midsize family sedan?

Am I the only one confused by this post? Quansung, for the record, who's side are you on?

Jim
Old 09-19-2000, 05:33 AM

Hey Mr. Stealth

I gotta friend who races, maybe you should take him on. He's got a modified 1998 Honda CBR900 RR. Put your $40K+ car against his $10K+ motorcycle. Sounds fair to me.

Wait I got a better idea, why don't you call us when your car has turned 130,000 miles and your turbos are shot and then you can race a Maxima with similar miles ... oh but your car probably won't last that long.
Old 09-19-2000, 05:45 AM

Ok, no offense to our stealth dude, but that car would look pretty damn sweet if you just get rid of those nasty stripes and put on a lower profile spoiler. With those rims I think the car would look nice just plain black (like Don's car, a nice deep glossy black). But that spoiler is just nasty...

Oh, and Quasungs post threw me too, not sure what he's talking about...
Old 09-19-2000, 06:42 AM

And one other thing.......

Isn't the name of his car ironic...don't ya think

Its called a "stealth".

A stealth bomber is hardly detected by radar....thats the point. Is this guys car "stealthy"?

Hardy, who could miss that monstrosity(sp) comming down the road!
Old 09-19-2000, 09:10 AM

is this how u treat all new posters? i came here asking if someone wanted to run, i hear u guys r fast, lol, but all i get is bashing? so i take it there is no one in michigan with a fast maxima? i didnt come here saying who wants to sacrifice themselves, but rather asking if anyone had some competition, im sick of the local mustang/f-body's. but i guess ur all to insecure in urselfs so u feel the need to bash my paintjob of all things??? i should have known that all maximas r grocery getters and any mod u put on them is purely cosmetic and no matter what u do to it, its still a slow p.o.s! hell, ur all afraid and i havent even told u my mods yet!

Old 09-19-2000, 09:35 AM
I'm needing a caw

That was weak->

and a very poor attempt at bashing Maximas. Are supposed to feel bad or something? Exactly how are we supposed to accept your offer if you don't list mods? Your sick of the Mustangs and F-bodies and you want to move UP to racing Maximas?? LOL! Put it this way:

1) If your na, then I guess the TT guys can say the exact same thing to you right? Since you put that Starsky & Hutch racing stripe and it's still slower than the TT guys right?? A slow pos as compared to them right?

2) If your are TT, then your a bigger dumbass that we orignally thought if your looking to race Maximas.

is this how u treat all new posters? i came here asking if someone wanted to run, i hear u guys r fast, lol, but all i get is bashing? so i take it there is no one in michigan with a fast maxima? i didnt come here saying who wants to sacrifice themselves, but rather asking if anyone had some competition, im sick of the local mustang/f-body's. but i guess ur all to insecure in urselfs so u feel the need to bash my paintjob of all things??? i should have known that all maximas r grocery getters and any mod u put on them is purely cosmetic and no matter what u do to it, its still a slow p.o.s! hell, ur all afraid and i havent even told u my mods yet!
Old 09-19-2000, 09:55 AM

you just don't get it, do you?

why in the world would anyone with half a brain go to a 4 door sedan site hoping they would race their own 2 door sports coupe with a twin turbo producing over 300hp, against them! Is this logical to you? I don't think so cuz if you did, you would've started off by saying, hey you guys have some nice cars in this forum, what kind of times are you pullin in? Not, WANNA RACE? that's just dumb! Would a person who owned a F355 go to a Lexus LS400 forum asking if anyone wanted to race? NO, cuz that's so dumb! Sure, they're both excellent cars for what they're supposed to do, but now you know why people are shaftin ya left, right and center! Personally, you have a fast car and it's very agressive looking but if you're looking for someone to say yeah, let's race today, you picked the wrong forum!

five QUOTE]Originally posted by majikman
is this how u treat all new posters? i came here asking if someone wanted to run, i hear u guys r fast, lol, but all i get is bashing? so i take it there is no one in michigan with a fast maxima? i didnt come here saying who wants to sacrifice themselves, but rather asking if anyone had some competition, im sick of the local mustang/f-body's. but i guess ur all to insecure in urselfs so u feel the need to bash my paintjob of all things??? i should have known that all maximas r grocery getters and any mod u put on them is purely cosmetic and no matter what u do to it, its still a slow p.o.s! hell, ur all afraid and i havent even told u my mods yet! [/QUOTE]
Old 09-19-2000, 10:17 AM

Re: you just don't get it, do you?

...Would a person who owned a F355 go to a Lexus LS400 forum asking if anyone wanted to race? NO, cuz that's so dumb!
Well, if LS400 owners mods their cars like mad man and post F355 roadkills, then probabely
Old 09-19-2000, 10:36 AM

hhahahah

that stealth as is looks kinda like a tiburon hahahhahahah
dood get real - your car is 2 heavy go play somewhere else your not wanted here
Old 09-19-2000, 10:52 AM

Willing to see what this guy is all about

I don't know what kind of numbers he pulls but if he is shelling Mustangs and Camaro's left and right you have one or two things going on:

1. He is really souped up and can kick some ***
2. The other drivers can't drive worth a crap and are a easy kill.

What mods does your Stealth have?
Have you ever run it at the track? (I'm assuming that you have or you do a lot of street racing.)

Tell us about yourself and I am sure that you will be taken more seriously. We are not all critical Maxima owners/enthusiasts but we are skeptical of your performance and we need some more information before we accept a challange from a car that seems so much more over our league. Shoot us straight about your mods and performance and we will take you seriously, sandbag us and you will be disregarded. More than likely a SC'ed Maxima would probably give you a run for your money (depending on your level of mods) but a modded NA Maxima would get killed. Now do you see why we are hesitant to seriously challege you?

[Edited by jgadlage on 09-19-2000 at 12:57 PM]
Old 09-19-2000, 11:22 AM

Re: Re: you just don't get it, do you?

I agree woodear but on a realistic level, NOPE!
Originally posted by WoodEar
...Would a person who owned a F355 go to a Lexus LS400 forum asking if anyone wanted to race? NO, cuz that's so dumb!
Well, if LS400 owners mods their cars like mad man and post F355 roadkills, then probabely
Old 09-19-2000, 11:36 AM
Disco Biscuit

As much as it sounds like I've joined the dark side.....

The guy is just looking to race. ya he talked some trash but we all do. I think he came here just looking to see what a S\C Max can do. Let's face it, I've seen all kinds of claimed "kills" on here Including VR4's. I think the guy was looking for something different to race. I've never seen a S\C max run (one day!) and after the talk i've seen, I would like to see a race like that too. I like the fact he even wants to race a Max. And wilt all do respect to Nissan's performance, I know just about all of us wish we could get the performance of DSM's( just as they wish they could have our reliablility!) I don't know of too many Nissans that can get a 0 - 60 in 3.8 sec. like the Eclipse shown in SCC.
Anyway, give the guy a break. I think he honestly wanted a good race. but those stripes are pretty nasty though.....( couldn't help it)
Old 09-19-2000, 12:29 PM

exactly.
for one minute some here do street racing and post all kinds of kills here, the next minute, when other cars come to call name they say you are crazy we are in different classes we are just family sedans why not pick someone you own size.

i dunno
Old 09-19-2000, 01:09 PM

Well I'm not gonna race him given the distance and the fact that my car would loose. My autocross invitation is open though

Besides, I think the stripe is damn ugly, and if he can't take my opinion he should just go elsewhere...
Old 09-19-2000, 03:07 PM

Wow, are you guys sensitive! Majik comes on here and he asks for a race, and instead of politely asking him to leave or saying he's a bit out of line, you grope for straws and rip his paint and rims! What a bunch of gutless RICERS! The only real difference between a TT Stealth and a SC'ed Maxima is that Mitsubishi gave us a little more to work with from the factory. I think I'm seeing a little jealousy here too. For $12,000 I can pick up a good condition 91-93 Stealth that would whoop the hell out of all but the most elite Maximas, all who have untold amounts of money invested in them. You guys seem to love it when you beat one of the "big boys", but when the big boys come looking for a rematch, you run! I think I'm going to like this board.... I'll say this though, you're not NEARLY as bad as the guys on the Honda boards

Old 09-19-2000, 03:33 PM
I'm needing a caw

HEHE-->

Ya know for $6000 I could have a Datsun 510 w/ a FJ20 turbo(300hp+) and whoop all you 3000gts. For $9000 I could have a Porsche 914 w/ the 3.6 liter 6 installed w/ the 911-turbo brakes and whoop all you 3000gts. If I wanted one of those including a 3000gt VR4, I guess I could have bought all of those if I wanted, right? What's your point?

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Wow, are you guys sensitive! Majik comes on here and he asks for a race, and instead of politely asking him to leave or saying he's a bit out of line, you grope for straws and rip his paint and rims! What a bunch of gutless RICERS! The only real difference between a TT Stealth and a SC'ed Maxima is that Mitsubishi gave us a little more to work with from the factory. I think I'm seeing a little jealousy here too. For $12,000 I can pick up a good condition 91-93 Stealth that would whoop the hell out of all but the most elite Maximas, all who have untold amounts of money invested in them. You guys seem to love it when you beat one of the "big boys", but when the big boys come looking for a rematch, you run! I think I'm going to like this board.... I'll say this though, you're not NEARLY as bad as the guys on the Honda boards
Old 09-19-2000, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Wow, are you guys sensitive! Majik comes on here and he asks for a race, and instead of politely asking him to leave or saying he's a bit out of line, you grope for straws and rip his paint and rims!
Cuz his paint is ugly. Look man, you go to another forum and challenge them to a race with a big picture of his car, what do you expect? The people who responded are just like me, the Stealth is out of our leage in a drag race. We don't care, so we're gonna ignore the race part of it. But I think the paint is ugly and it's my god given right to say so! Geez... Call my maxima ugly, see if I care, y'all are the sensitive ones. BTW, I still bet I could beat either of you at the autox if you want a race

What a bunch of gutless RICERS!
Hey, lemme know who you're calling a ricer and what your defenition of rice is... Or are all maxima owners ricers?

The only real difference between a TT Stealth and a SC'ed Maxima is that Mitsubishi gave us a little more to work with from the factory.
Damn, thanks for clearing that up! Here I'd thought the difference was that one was a performance car and the other was a family sedan! BTW, there are only a couple of people on here with an SC'd max, in case you're wondering why most of us are ignoring this challenge...

I think I'm seeing a little jealousy here too.
I think I'm seeing a little ego here too.

For $12,000 I can pick up a good condition 91-93 Stealth that would whoop the hell out of all but the most elite Maximas, all who have untold amounts of money invested in them.
And? What do you think people bought a maxima for, because they thought it was some kind of super sports car? Uh...no. Most people are like me, they bought it because they wanted something roomy with 4 doors, good reliability, and enough performance to have a little fun. If we'd wanted a stealth, we would have bought a stealth...

You guys seem to love it when you beat one of the "big boys", but when the big boys come looking for a rematch, you run!
Again, please let us know who you mean by <i>you guys</i>. Let's not pick out a few people here and judge our whole group...

I think I'm going to like this board....
I'm glad. Stick around, just keep in mind how you would want us to act on the Stealth forum and give us the same courtesy.

I'll say this though, you're not NEARLY as bad as the guys on the Honda boards
And I can say the same thing about you.
Old 09-19-2000, 03:41 PM

funk this ...

hey let me know if there is any stealths in the albany area - ill play just to see how close it could be ... im not TT and i dont have alot of mods - but hey Y not ...
stock for stock i played around with my friends 3KGT - it was close... non turbo - he was stick so it helped him alot =P
Old 09-19-2000, 04:37 PM
QUANSUNG

Re: Re: Re: hey Mr. Stealth..........

Originally posted by JJW95SC
Originally posted by QUANSUNG

Sounds dumb doesn't it?

five
wanna run?
i was just saying that with enough money you make a any car fast, the trick is to not spend a large amount of money on a car and beat person who spent more money on their ride. I
ordJim

Old 09-19-2000, 05:25 PM

i dont want to run a stock maxima, what fun would that be? im lookin for a tricked out one in my area, my kill list does not yet include a maxima, just lookin for a little variety, im lookin for one of those "vr4 killers", where ya at???? should i feel sorry for the maxima having 4 doors, i think not, but if ya think u got a fast one neer me im ready for ya, im at ~ 450hp, anybody even close? ill give ya a head start, lol

Old 09-19-2000, 05:36 PM

My old FORD...

Will take yah to 120mph then you got the lead, cause I don't race no one past 120mph. we weigh about the same and I know you and that twin hair dryer ride must be pushing 400hp. where you at? lets do this!

Quick Reply: anybody got one of those fast maxima's neer detroit?