General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Air temp sensor connectors (where can I get them?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 08:39 PM

Cheap that is,

I have had JWT Pop for a while and now want to install it. The JWT (as you know) has no hole for the air temp sensor (SE 96), so I am going to drill one on the front plate to fasten the sensor but the wire is to short. What I would really like to do is to make an extension with the mating sides of the connector so I can extend the cable without having to do a "cut and paste". This will allow me to return to stock very simply (without the legacy of hanging cables), specially if I want to install a CAI in the future.
I live in Rochester NY and here there are no junk yards with Maximas (there are only beatten beaters, for Maximas they do anything to bring them back from the dead.)
The blood sucking dealers are (for sure) going to charge me a lot of money for them.
Just as curionsity, where is the air temp sensor located for maximas without them attached to the air filter box? (is it in the MAF itself?).
Would it make sense to exchange my MAF for a (say) a '97 one with the temp sensor inside? (if it was the case).
I also have considered placing the air temp sensor on a bracket near the filter (as JWT suggests), the only problem is that when I wash my engine or it rains the sensor will get wet and change the readings.
Please let me know about the connectors.
[If there is a kind soul that wouldn't mind getting them for me at their local Junck yard I would appreciate it (I'll return the money) ]

Thanks guys,