General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

need some creative opinions....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 07:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have some switches I want to wire up in my car. I know a lot about wiring so doing that stuff isn't the problem (hopefully). I am just looking for some cool ideas of what I could use the switches for. Anything electrical that doesn't require extra stuff (I can use relays and stuff, but I mean no extra big stuff like flame thrower, etc=) ).
I'm just really bored and any idea you can think of would help.
Thanks
Old 02-16-2001, 07:49 PM

how about some neons, or maybe an air horn
Old 02-16-2001, 08:10 PM

I ve got a project for ya

I ve been meaning to do it but never got around to it yet. My antenna is always up even when the cd changer and tape player is on. I wanted to wire a switch to my antenna so I could make it go up for the radio and down for the antenna whenever I wanted it to. I know some one did this I forgot who but I was meaning todo this but forgot how. think youd be interested
Old 02-16-2001, 10:39 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Tranny shift control...like me....
Old 02-17-2001, 12:38 AM

that antenna idea sounds cool
Old 02-17-2001, 04:29 AM

uh, doesn't the 4Gen already come like this? My antenna only comes up for the radio and goes down whenever anything else is on. Or is that only a Bose thing?
Old 02-17-2001, 05:01 AM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001

Hey, I came across the post and was wondering, did you do the antenna switch wiring yet?? If you did can you post instructions?
Old 02-17-2001, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Vudoo1313
Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001

Hey, I came across the post and was wondering, did you do the antenna switch wiring yet?? If you did can you post instructions?
No, I haven't done it yet. On my car, it automatically goes down when the CD comes on.
If I do it for Max88q, I'll post how we do it

Max88q-maybe we could try to do it Sunday before the meet this weekend. I think it should be pretty simple; I'll take a look at the wiring and see.
Old 02-17-2001, 09:25 AM

«§»Craig B«§» is there a clock in your dash that dims when u turn on headlight? If so how about wiring one of the switches so u can manually adjust whether it dims or not. I meant to do this for my 4th gen but haven't the time or been able to find the right switch. I wanted to use a small rocker type switch with a led but all the ones I've found are designed for A/C only. What type of switches are u using?
Old 02-17-2001, 09:38 AM

Re: I ve got a project for ya

Originally posted by max88q
I ve been meaning to do it but never got around to it yet. My antenna is always up even when the cd changer and tape player is on. I wanted to wire a switch to my antenna so I could make it go up for the radio and down for the antenna whenever I wanted it to. I know some one did this I forgot who but I was meaning todo this but forgot how. think youd be interested
that was me:

just don't put it where I did because its a pain in the *** to open and close the arm rest everytime you want access... If I was to do it again I would place it outside of the arm rest in the exact same place it is now...

as for my next project:

You know that little flat space between the shifter and the cup holder... I want to put radio controls on there so that I don't have move my elbow to chage volume and stations.. this will be cool once I have it done..
Old 02-17-2001, 09:42 AM

oh yeah, here is my "big" dream mod that won't happen for a while...

get a turbo... then remove the ashtray and install a big boost gauge in place and have the area around it filled and matched perfect to the dash..
Old 02-17-2001, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by Enduro
«§»Craig B«§» is there a clock in your dash that dims when u turn on headlight? If so how about wiring one of the switches so u can manually adjust whether it dims or not. I meant to do this for my 4th gen but haven't the time or been able to find the right switch. I wanted to use a small rocker type switch with a led but all the ones I've found are designed for A/C only. What type of switches are u using?
yeah, my clock does dim , but it doesn't really bother me so I don't want to do anything with it
Radio Shack should have tons of switches for you; if you cant find them there go online to their site
I'm using some switches I found from a 90 Acura Legend in a junkyard

theblue-that's a cool idea to relocate the controls; I assume you could probably just solder into the buttons behind the faceplate and put them somewhere else
Old 02-17-2001, 11:27 AM

use the switches for your brake lights. use one switch to turn them on even if your brake is depressed so you can act like your hitting the brakes and floor it out of there. And one switch to disable your brake lights to scare the **** out of stupid asses tailgaiting u.

Adam