General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Gen Maxima
1st Gen
2.75%
2nd Gen
1.83%
3rd Gen
35.32%
4th Gen
32.11%
5th Gen
34.86%
6th Gen
5.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

What is your Favorite Gen Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Brightest TOOL??

I guess you're not the sharpest light in the shed either. hahahaha

thought you might like that.

now what the ***** were you trying to say here or did i miss something in the translation.

"what does the 3-gens have to easily adjustable shocks".

and

I still then a set of Illuminas or AXGs could be adapted to the 3 gen but it would take some research.
please explain
Old 10-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

What do the 3-gens have to do to get.....

I still think....

I guess context is a biatch
Old 10-14-2003, 03:12 PM
no more maxima...

Originally Posted by dmontzsta
You are right, cause we dont need coilovers to handle well.

What exactly is your definition of 'well'. Are you saying a stock 3rd gen can handle just as well as a 4th gen equipped with a set of coil overs?
Old 10-14-2003, 03:14 PM
dmontzsta

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Fcuknig amzanig huh?

Old 10-14-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm needing a caw

Nope. Not all all.

Originally Posted by kingrukus
What exactly is your definition of 'well'. Are you saying a stock 3rd gen can handle just as well as a 4th gen equipped with a set of coil overs?
Old 10-14-2003, 03:20 PM

yeah don that was cool don. but your axample is flawed in your example the right words were in the right place. letters were rearranged.

but in jeffs case i could not figure it out. probably cause he spell the word right but had the WRONG word there. or words missing. or had words missing.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally Posted by jdmmax
don't have one for 99 sucks but.
but love my boost though.
Caps anyone?

well if i change my wire harness i can use a jwt ecu.
Caps and a comma would be nice.

[ask furbiss if im not mistaken he has a 99 but was able to use a jwt ecu. by changing wire harness. unless i have been misinformed by someone who shall remain nameless.
at least i have a way to go.
Caps, periods and some grammar would be nice.

but what do 3rd gener have to do if they want coil overs. "NOTHING"
You mean A 3 gener or THE 3 gener. I don't really consider myself THE 3 gener.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Brightest TOOL??

I guess you're not the sharpest light in the shed either. hahahaha
haha okay I will admit... that was good... you guys are hillarious!

... and I think the ECU should do wonders for me if I ever get it from damn JWT!!! Thanks for asking.

Don't talk to me about a drop... I can fit a Hummer through my wheel well... but the high ride is what the gen 4 guys need since we need to see farther ahead because we get there much quicker than a gen 3...
Old 10-14-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm needing a caw

That's the spirit!

Originally Posted by speedemn
haha okay I will admit... that was good... you guys are hillarious!

... and I think the ECU should do wonders for me if I ever get it from damn JWT!!! Thanks for asking.

Don't talk to me about a drop... I can fit a Hummer through my wheel well... but the high ride is what the gen 4 guys need since we need to see farther ahead because we get there much quicker than a gen 3...
Old 10-14-2003, 03:37 PM

"what does the 3-gens have to easily adjustable shocks" (original)

"What do the 3-gens have to do to get........"(edited)

OMG bwahahahahahaahahah how petty do you go when you argue with people. you are trying to pick out every single flaw in my posts. ok fine puncuation i am guilty of. but the point gets across.

look at your post and tell me that you didn't have more problems with that post other than punctuation.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:43 PM
I'm needing a caw

You amuse pretty easy I think. Are you gonna keep harping on grammar and spelling or do you want to continue the 3-gen/4-gen argument? Why? Because trust me. No one wants to read about other's grammar mistakes.

Are you a moron all the time or just on .org? Because you're the one that started in on the grammar caps, not me. Please explain.

"what does the 3-gens have to easily adjustable shocks" (original)

"What do the 3-gens have to do to get........"(edited)

OMG bwahahahahahaahahah how petty do you go when you argue with people. you are trying to pick out every single flaw in my posts. ok fine puncuation i am guilty of. but the point gets across.

look at your post and tell me that you didn't have more problems with that post other than punctuation.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:45 PM
dmontzsta

Originally Posted by speedemn
Hmm...I thought they made it sit high and put the beam on it so Nissan could compete with Ford Explorers? or...was it to race in the soda pop series? I guess I better call Nissan.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm needing a caw

Hell, no one even wants to read about this tired argument anymore. But whatever makes the day pass I guess.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:06 PM

You amuse pretty easy I think. Are you gonna keep harping on grammar and spelling or do you want to continue the 3-gen/4-gen argument? Why? Because trust me. No one wants to read about other's grammar mistakes.

Are you a moron all the time or just on .org? Because you're the one that started in on the grammar caps, not me. Please explain.
if you thought i was harping on grammer then im sorry.

really i was trying to figure out what you were trying to say.

i am the last person to be gripping about grammer cause i do not have the patience to proof read all the time. but when its so messed up were i the person you are having an argument with is having a hard time figuring out what your argument is then there is a problem. i asked you to correct. you corrected fine. dmontz put up a example of a cambridge study. i told him his example did not apply. that is my explination.

moron??? i perfer *******.

mainly just on the org.

why because i can bait you jeff92se, dmontz into a flame war when im bored anytime i want. you know why i can do that?? cause i have nothing to prove. you three are always trying to prove how far superior the 3rd gen is.

i was really bored today and this little argument passed time well for me here at work. but now i must go home.

good bye. see you again tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm needing a caw

Like I said. Context is a bitach. Thanks for playing. Come back tomorrow for more knee slappers like "brighest tool" etc...

In any post here, where did I try to say the 3-gen was superior to anything?

JDM, I can always count on you to comment. However unhumorous or slow.

really i was trying to figure out what you were trying to say.

i am the last person to be gripping about grammer cause i do not have the patience to proof read all the time. but when its so messed up were i the person you are having an argument with is having a hard time figuring out what your argument is then there is a problem. i asked you to correct. you corrected fine. dmontz put up a example of a cambridge study. i told him his example did not apply. that is my explination.

moron??? i perfer *******.

mainly just on the org.

why because i can bait you jeff92se, dmontz into a flame war when im bored anytime i want. you know why i can do that?? cause i have nothing to prove. you three are always trying to prove how far superior the 3rd gen is.

i was really bored today and this little argument passed time well for me here at work. but now i must go home.

good bye. see you again tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:17 PM
dmontzsta

dmontz put up a example of a cambridge study. i told him his example did not apply.
I just put it up there cause I thought it was cool and wanted to share it and it was some what appropriate.

Old 10-14-2003, 05:40 PM

You guys are too funny, I couldnt stop chuckling over Jeff's comment. You two take it easy!

Old 10-14-2003, 05:50 PM
dmontzsta

Originally Posted by slammed95
Damn, I guess most 3rd gen peeps [i]are[/u] ****ing idiots. Why do you guys always feel the need to prove the 3rd gen is still cool? It was cool 10 years ago.
We're all car enthusiasts here, and most of us don't keep our cars stock. So what the hell are you dumbsh!t third genners trying to compare stock about 3rd gens with other maximas? Modded 4th, 5th, and 6th gens will own you.
I am such an idiot for dumping nearly 20k into a 10 year old pos

you are right, a STOCK 3rd gen will get owned by a modded 4-6 gen. STOCK.

Old 10-14-2003, 05:51 PM

On man you are going to get FUCKING reamed.

edit: Donald beat me to it.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

You mean like how 4 gens were cool 9 years ago??

Modded 3.5VQs will own just about anyone here sooo......

Damn, I guess most 3rd gen peeps [i]are[/u] ****ing idiots. Why do you guys always feel the need to prove the 3rd gen is still cool? It was cool 10 years ago.
We're all car enthusiasts here, and most of us don't keep our cars stock. So what the hell are you dumbsh!t third genners trying to compare stock about 3rd gens with other maximas? Modded 4th, 5th, and 6th gens will own you.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:00 PM

i think this is such an open topic here... you love what you love... period.

with enough $$$ any car can be modded past any other car... i don't think it's a matter of proving the 3rd gen is still cool... it's a matter of perception here.. the ones that love 3rd gens still see it as "cool" in their minds... and the one's that drive 4ths still see the 4th as "cool" in thier minds... and the same goes for any other car.. my ae86 friends swear it's the best car ever made... i think you guys get the point...

i love em all... maxima owns.... why fight among the gens... one has a beam suspension one is independent... whoopdidooooo!!!! one is more modern and more up do date... wow is this surprising or something? that's what happens with new cars... man...

can't we all just get along???

oh btw... the 1st gen owns all ... !
Old 10-14-2003, 07:49 PM

Dude, you know I think your car is bad azz. I have never said I didn't like third gens, it's just some dumbsh!ts like Jeff and Donald that always have something to prove to the world.

Any car can be cool, if done up right, and Derrick has done a great job. His car looks better than most maxima on here, including all generations.
Stop the arguing already.

In any post here, where did I try to say the 3-gen was superior to anything?

Slammed95, go back to the hole you came from. You do not know how wrong you are.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:29 PM

4gen 97-99, then 5gen....
Old 10-14-2003, 08:31 PM
dmontzsta

Glad to hear I am a dumb****. I dont know how I have made it this far. Boy am I a dumb****...

Old 10-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm needing a caw

slammed95

Look, you getting all upset. How about I save some candy for you after Halloween?

Be sure to flame JDM for chiming is Peroria killing humor in this thread also
Old 10-14-2003, 10:33 PM

I like my 03 SE but my old 89GXE(bad weather car) still has my heart, I look at some of these 89-94 GXE's still and is still amazed at how so many look so good still. Especially in that pearl white color. Those hating on the 3rd gen it is the one that really put the Maxima on the map(2nd gen se's where posrty as well) and is still praised by many and the recent article comparing the TSX to it, wow of all cars since they chose the 89-94 Max
Old 10-14-2003, 10:42 PM

this is too funny, keep goin', i'm getting a good laugh!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:01 PM

A Third Gen captured my heart, but then when it came time to actually buy my own Maxima, 5th gen it was. Best looking in my opinion, and the interior was awesome, everything was in the right place. I miss my car
Old 10-14-2003, 11:04 PM

slammed95

Look, you getting all upset. How about I save some candy for you after Halloween?

Be sure to flame JDM for chiming is Peroria killing humor in this thread also

im still here

im just looking at my handy work.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:21 PM

Funny @ss thread.

Why do 3rd genners always try to prove the 3rd gen is superior? Like Donald saying he was going to run 14s in the summer. He ran a spectacular 16, Mad VE power right there.
Aaron getting banked by Slammed95. It really shows how superior the 3rd gen is.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:22 PM
dmontzsta

The only thing Frank knows is how to play CS. Other than that forget it...

If you look back at all my posts I was kickin knowledge yo, werd to the mothership.

Now I am back to finish my game of GT3 cause my Skyline is better than any Maxima, thats right low 9's

Old 10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
dmontzsta

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
Funny @ss thread.

Why do 3rd genners always try to prove the 3rd gen is superior? Like Donald saying he was going to run 16s in the summer.
Aaron getting banked by Slammed95. It really shows how superior the 3rd gen is.
were you there when they raced? I WAS neither of them banked one another, it was so close you would of had to of had been standing at the finishline with a camera to see the finish.

I said I was going to run 16's? If YOU and EVERYONE else remember I did not know what I was going to run, I remember saying "dang, I wonder what I am going to run?" I had NO IDEA, my car is slower than it should be 274k does a little something. I have ran Aaaron on the streets plenty of times and he has seen how quick I am with a 275lb passenger. You have seen how quick I am too...now fill up that NOS bottle so Aaron can break you off a slice in November.

BTW: NO 3rd genner has ever said they are superior.

Thanks, I just won a mini cooper and put every single damn thing on it and got 173hp and topped out at 130mph I NEED NOS.

Old 10-14-2003, 11:33 PM

GrammAr aside, you are the hypocrit trying to "prove" a delusional idea of the 4th gen handling better than the 3rd gen. Everyone knows that is mere wish thinking due to the dependent rear suspension. Hence they're not "trying" to prove you wrong, they ARE proving you wrong. Just reflect on the thread, the most massive amount of text is generated by you. So who's trying hard to prove something?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:34 PM

were you there when they raced? I WAS neither of them banked one another, it was so close you would of had to of had been standing at the finishline with a camera to see the finish.

I said I was going to run 16's? If YOU and EVERYONE else remember I did not know what I was going to run, I remember saying "dang, I wonder what I am going to run?" I had NO IDEA, my car is slower than it should be 274k does a little something. I have ran Aaaron on the streets plenty of times and he has seen how quick I am with a 275lb passenger. You have seen how quick I am too...now fill up that NOS bottle so Aaron can break you off a slice in November.

BTW: NO 3rd genner has ever said they are superior.

Thanks, I just won a mini cooper and put every single damn thing on it and got 173hp and topped out at 130mph I NEED NOS.

Dude you did say you were going to run 14's. You also said you were going to be faster than super charged 4th gens . Look at Slammed 95, and Aarons times..The 4th gen beat the 3rd gen twice! They weren't street, both were racing at the track. So I only focus on who got the better time, not who crossed the finishline first.

If Aaron beats me so what? I don't give a *****. Don't worry about my bottle is ready for action. But I'll probably wont need it.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by MrGone

I have a beam'ed max and love it. So how many g's does your IRS pull on the skid pad?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

No why don't YOU grow up. Weee!

Haha, why would I get upset? At Donald? No, I know Don is a cool dude and he doesn't talk all this crap when we have track meets and BBQ's.
And why the heck would I flame JDMMAX? Frank is a cool homie, and he used to drive a third gen so he knows what's up as far as that goes.

So why don't try to grow you up, and stop arguing over the internet.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

BTW. Anyone see the poll lately?
Old 10-15-2003, 12:00 AM
dmontzsta

Old 10-15-2003, 12:01 AM

yeah, it hasnt changed...... the numbers dont lie.

yay for the 3rd gen. Its funny to see how people get soo worked up about it. Well as you said, it makes the day go by quicker
Old 10-15-2003, 12:04 AM

this makes me want to get GT3 now

I already got the viper on Nitto Racing.

Quick Reply: What is your Favorite Gen Maxima