General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Graphic Artist wannabe BORED, needs some fun work! SIGS AND WALLPAPERS! LEMME KNOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 10:36 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Damn... I must be number 69...
Old 10-18-2003, 10:39 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by CandiMan
#8 was always my best number, I have pics on website. Go ahead and border untill your hearts content Just curious to see what you can come up with, I have no particular needs. Thanks

I'm interested in seeing how yours comes out, Mike. As I have yet to see ANY decent 3rd gen sigs OR wallpaper. Oh, and 97blackSE, you can put me down in line for wallpaper. If you see any decent pics that you can use here or here, feel free to use 'em.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:15 PM
I need a truck

Originally Posted by 97blackSE
Conrads sig...Notice i like to use borders?

my favorite part of that is the HID's shining on his name

here is a link to a gb designs backround that I did, this is from a while ago, and I have gotten a little better since, and i rendered it all from scratch...so dont judge too harshly pls
1280x1024 GB Designs wallpaper
I also made a subaru 2.5rs one, Should i upload it?

I like ... thanks dude
Old 10-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

aye aye capn...I'm hoping to pump out 3 or so sigs a day, if that will give you guys a tentative idea when your day is!
Please remember the sig rules when making them- 550 pixels wide, no mildly sexual or suggestive images. The full rules are at the top of the feedback forum.

The one with the girl in it is not going to be permitted. I don't have a problem w/ it, but org rules prohibit that sort of stuff.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Cheesing away...

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
Please remember the sig rules when making them- 550 pixels wide, no mildly sexual or suggestive images. The full rules are at the top of the feedback forum.

The one with the girl in it is not going to be permitted. I don't have a problem w/ it, but org rules prohibit that sort of stuff.
Why wouldn't it be allowed? It doesn't show anything.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:18 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by vsidesupratt1

I'm kinda curious about the interpretation of the rules in regards to THAT sig too, Pat. Now, I've read the rules on a number of occasions just because they were there AND to get a better gist of what IS and is NOT allowed. So I can say with some reasonable sense of certainty that I'm familiar with the text.

Now, aside from the part where you say that the rules are subjective and that Kevin has the final say-so, the only other thing that could be used in reference, IMO, would be -

...any image that is even REMOTELY offensive is not allowed. This includes women in bathing suits laying on cars, models in skimpy or revealing clothes, images of breasts or butts, and basically all imagery related to anything other than Maximas (or other vehicles).
I'm just curious what is "remotely offensive" or "mildly sexual or suggestive" about it? Not that I care, but in the bigger scheme of things, I want everyone to be approached AND treated fairly.

I've seen worse in some peoples' avatars (and if I have to point out just WHO I'm talkin' bout, I wouldn't be much of a devil's advocate now would I??).

(but, I guess we should be happy just to HAVE a sig at all, huh??)
Old 10-18-2003, 06:48 PM
I need a truck

it's ok since I have to click the "show sig" button every time I post ...
Old 10-18-2003, 08:48 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

When you make these sigs, please limit their width to 550 pixels wide or less.
i would like a sig too! fitting these ^ requirements my max is ugly and stock looking...so anything with a max logo or general would do fine (im not picky ) btw, your a pretty great guy for doing this
Old 10-18-2003, 11:22 PM

lol you wish mecca, i have already made you sigs..YOU COME LAST NUKKA!
Old 10-18-2003, 11:40 PM
SXN

the first two look hot 97blackSE , a shame that second didnt pass over so well
Old 10-19-2003, 01:15 AM

hey i do what i can... And i have been making then 550 wide...i figured the chick would be ok, i guess not, oh well, now i kno :wink:

If someone knows that I am About to be working on their sig, wants to ask me a question, preview their sig, critique it and give me suggestions ect..I am on aim CONSTANTLY hehe my sn is GBmaxSE or you can click the dude down at the bottom. AIM is the best way to do it. Thanks guys
Old 10-19-2003, 01:16 AM

Im starting to form ideas for the wallpaper i need, and i think it should showcase what a maxima can be...I already have araffios permission to use his car, and i'm thinking of asking thebigsadler next...any ideas for the wallpaper?
Old 10-19-2003, 01:26 AM
SXN

you seen the wallpapers on ceasers page? there is one amazing picture of a maxima with its hood open at what appears to be a car show, very clean, not ricey at all... heres his wallpaper page credit obviously goes to ceasars chariot
Old 10-19-2003, 02:44 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Im starting to form ideas for the wallpaper i need, and i think it should showcase what a maxima can be...I already have araffios permission to use his car, and i'm thinking of asking thebigsadler next...any ideas for the wallpaper?
I still would like to see a decent 3rd gen wallpaper, if you've got time AND the inclination.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:54 AM

I have both actually, its 5:38 am and i been up all night, talkin to sxn and 96shogunmax and occasionally, doin stuff like this ----->
Old 10-19-2003, 02:55 AM

Gotta ? for you guys tho, mainly for woo cho...SHould i Take out that hid shining thru the sideways pic? or leave it..its a .5 second fix, and i just cant decide on which is better :-/
Old 10-19-2003, 03:46 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Gotta ? for you guys tho, mainly for woo cho...SHould i Take out that hid shining thru the sideways pic? or leave it..its a .5 second fix, and i just cant decide on which is better :-/

I like this one.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:14 AM
Ludicrous Speed

lookin good
Old 10-19-2003, 04:31 AM

pumpin right out
Conrad's "more appropriate" sig
annnd looslip's sig
Old 10-19-2003, 05:12 AM

Here's my last one for this morning, I'm taking a break.. its 8 am and i gotta go to work for an hour or so, then Who knows what...Here you go Hamy!
Old 10-19-2003, 05:13 AM

that one looks big...I started the new doc @ 550...if i have to i can resize it...Talk to you all later!
Old 10-19-2003, 07:06 AM

97BlackSE I really appriciated it looks awsome........
Old 10-19-2003, 11:14 AM
www.autotalk.com

Very NICE sig pics man! You sure are in the right profession :-D
Old 10-19-2003, 11:22 AM

I took a new pic of my trunk. Maybe you can use this in my sig...hehe
Old 10-19-2003, 12:39 PM
SXN

that last sig was broken, and you said "here you go hammy"... that was me right? even though i can see it...thank you!
Old 10-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by Woo Cho
97BlackSE I really appriciated it looks awsome........
holy ****!!! KYLE, make my sig NOW!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by vsidesupratt1
It is Kevin's rules. No women, no models, nothing that could even remotely be construed as problematic if someone's boss peaked over their shoulder while they were on the org at work. Personally, I do not mind, but rules are rules. I did not write the rules- I just enforce them.

Originally Posted by nubiannupe

I'm kinda curious about the interpretation of the rules in regards to THAT sig too, Pat. Now, I've read the rules on a number of occasions just because they were there AND to get a better gist of what IS and is NOT allowed. So I can say with some reasonable sense of certainty that I'm familiar with the text.

Now, aside from the part where you say that the rules are subjective and that Kevin has the final say-so, the only other thing that could be used in reference, IMO, would be -

I'm just curious what is "remotely offensive" or "mildly sexual or suggestive" about it? Not that I care, but in the bigger scheme of things, I want everyone to be approached AND treated fairly.

I've seen worse in some peoples' avatars (and if I have to point out just WHO I'm talkin' bout, I wouldn't be much of a devil's advocate now would I??).

(but, I guess we should be happy just to HAVE a sig at all, huh??)
See above.

I have no control over avatars. And remember- people w/ avatars are donating members- sometimes rules are bent for donors. That is not my department.

About the sig that started this- is the girl doing anything sexual? No. Suggestive? no. But could an overzelous boss on a power trip give someone a hard time? Yes. That is what we are looking at. I am not trying to give anyone a hard time, but that is how it is. If i ran the org, there are lots of small changes that i woudl make. But it is Kevin's show, and I think that overall he does a great job. This is a really small thing- definately not worth getting bent over. If we have too much "why/why not?" over this, sigs will just go away again, most likely forever.

The sigs here look great- better than 99% or what I see on here every day. He does not need any "questionable" images to make great sigs.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:45 PM
SXN

lol...*edit* yes, my sig... not on page 2, gotcha. Anyway, keep up the good work
Old 10-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Horra!!

pumpin right out
Conrad's "more appropriate" sig
annnd looslip's sig
hehe
hmmmm.... Can you maybe integrate this pic into the mix so there is more car to it?
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...49_39_full.jpg
I kinda like what you did with Woo Choo's pic. maybe integrate in some headlights.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:56 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys, and phenryiv1, i did Fix the sig, its in post 59 of this thread... i am out to comply with all the rules i assure you
Old 10-19-2003, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Max4Speed
Very NICE sig pics man! You sure are in the right profession :-D
Well, I'm not really In the profession Max4Speed, this has just been a hobby of mine for the last couple of months, 4-5 and I just decided to teach myself how to do it...I hope one day to do this as a profession, but first i gotta get my core classes outta the way.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:10 PM

I can't wait to mine gets done...hehe
Old 10-19-2003, 06:12 PM

the link for hamy's sig above was broken so heres the repost of it
Old 10-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

If I can make a suggestion and request. I dont know how many request you have and how many you've completed. My suggestion is maybe you can make a list of all those who have ask and mark off those who are completed, just so everyone knows where in the order they stand. It is not that serious so maybe? My request being, if and when you get to mine can you do a little less graphic and more car pics. Don't get me wrong, add the graphics just not as much as others. Also I would prefer my screen name not to be in the pic. Thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by CandiMan
If I can make a suggestion and request. I dont know how many request you have and how many you've completed. My suggestion is maybe you can make a list of all those who have ask and mark off those who are completed, just so everyone knows where in the order they stand. It is not that serious so maybe? My request being, if and when you get to mine can you do a little less graphic and more car pics. Don't get me wrong, add the graphics just not as much as others. Also I would prefer my screen name not to be in the pic. Thanks
Finally someone makes a suggestion! It makes my life a world easier, and Its much easier to get a sig you know You will like, if you tell me what you want! I will be happy to fit your requests, and as for a list, here it is, in all its glory, hahaha
  1. 1FSTMAX-DONE
  2. Conrad283- DONE
  3. WooCho-DONE
  4. Looslip-DONE
  5. Hamy-DONE
  6. Shogun 96 Max- DONE (he requested on aim)
  7. kwd2kSE
  8. davebond007
  9. Prodeje79
  10. rob van dam
  11. daroknessmonsto
  12. phenryiv1
  13. vsidesupratt1
  14. maxinmaxima
  15. kloogy
  16. CandiMan
  17. Darth Vader
  18. nubiannupe
  19. SXN
  20. 4g Wallpaper
  21. 5g wallpaper
  22. 3g wallpaper
  23. ALL generation wallpaper
  24. Battle Max V2.0
Old 10-19-2003, 06:58 PM

19ppl ...wow thats alot
anyone who wants to Check out the work that Ive done so far, can Click this link http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ox/?is_owner=1 its gonna ask you for a username and password
which are maxima.org and maxima , respectively
Old 10-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Well after seeing all your other work I started to notice a pattern. Do I get bump to the head of the line for speaking up?

EDIT
If not asking for much, after doing one that's sig friendly can you email me the same one that's not sig friendly. One that is larger so I can keep on my file.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:06 PM

id like one also when you get a chance ill appreciate it. pics in homepage.

Jon
Old 10-19-2003, 07:12 PM

As of right now, the org is refusing to let me edit posts, BAH... you are on the list tho BattleMax V2.0

Candiman: my only worry throught this has been keeping signatures fresh, and get some new ideas, there is only SO much you can do with a 200x550 pixel strip. SO IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, BE like Candiman, AND MAKE SURE I KNOW ABOUT IT!
I am trying to keep new ideas, and make every sig different, but its NOT easy, especially when one has 20 sigs and a few wallpapers to do!
thanks
kyle
Old 10-19-2003, 07:29 PM
daroknessmonsto

Hey 97blackse...just wanted to thank you in advance for this. Obviously this takes time and effort on your part and I as well as others (im sure) appreciate it.

I have no suggestiions for my sig. From what ive seen so far, you have exceptional taste. Use whatever pics on my homepage you feel will spice the sig up. I trust you

Oh my only suggestion is to use pics from the last 2 pages...pages 2 and 3..preferbly a HID pic and daytime pic ..the first page has crappy pictures. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Graphic Artist wannabe BORED, needs some fun work! SIGS AND WALLPAPERS! LEMME KNOW!