General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got cobra 13 rotors, got 300zx TT calipers, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 07:29 AM

Got cobra 13 rotors, got 300zx TT calipers, now what?

Hi, I got the Mustang Cobra R 13in rotors the other day. I also picked up the 300ZX TT calipers. I heard I need some kind of brackets and hub centric rings. Does anyone here sell them or know where i can get them? Do i need anything else other than whats stated above, such as SS brake line or whatever? BTW, this is all for a 96 Maxima SE 5spd, the one on my webpage www.cardomain.com/id/certifiedbeast Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, im thinking of getting the new Infiniti FX45 wheels in chrome. 20in and slap on some 245/35/20 Z rated rubbers. My 2 concerns are

1 - I live in Brooklyn, for those that live here, I take the BQE everyday (Road of unlimited potholes and 20" rim's worst nightmare) and i dont know if thats I road i wanna ride 35 series tires on with 20 inch rims.

2 - I think that CHROME combined with such a big wheel thats not made for racing is gonna weight a ton. This meaning lost horsepower and delayed acceleration.

Counter:

But it will look soooooooo good with my 13 rotors and red powdercoated 300ZX TT calipers behind that say "NISSAN" in silver, mmmmmm good.

ANYWAY, PLEASE HELP!
Old 10-26-2003, 10:37 AM
SLOW

Yes you need to get the 240-300zx conversion lines, you can get them from www.heavythrottle.com don't try to use your stock lines or you will ruin your calipers. You will need to make brackets and hubcentric rings would be the easiest way of centering the rotor on the hub but there are other ways. CandiMan was selling hubcentric rings for this but I think he's stopped. Not sure if he has any plans of doing brackets en masse.

20" rims and 35 series tires in NYC. Hmm. my estimate is that you will ruin 3 tires and 2 rims per year... that means it's a bad idea.

20" chrome rims and acceleration. Your car will be alot slower than stock. I'd venture to guess with a 20" factory wheel you'd probably add 100lbs of rotational weight which would be approximately equal to adding 800lbs of static weight. Your car probably would have a hard time breaking out of the 16s with those boat anchors on there. But if you are just in it for the looks and actually like how a 20" wheel looks on a maxima (I think it looks retarded but that's up to you it's your personal preference and your car) then go for it.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

I haven't "stop" selling the hub-rings. If anyone is willing to buy a single set of rings at my machinist price I'll be more than willing to be the middle man, but it will be his price not mine. I think my machinist might be willing to do another GD but I honestly don't think the interest is there for more rings besides maybe from a couple members. So if you or anyone else might be interested in hub-rings I can post another GD info. More than likely it will be the exact same info from the first GD, but DON'T quote me on that until I speak to him. Personally I haven't had a chance to look into the brackets, but a couple other members have gone much further than I have in fabricating brackets.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Jedi Knight

Search function, is your friend...also why would you go out and buy some parts not knowing what was needed to completed the project? Just wondering what the rationale was.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by CandiMan
I haven't "stop" selling the hub-rings. If anyone is willing to buy a single set of rings at my machinist price I'll be more than willing to be the middle man, but it will be his price not mine. I think my machinist might be willing to do another GD but I honestly don't think the interest is there for more rings besides maybe from a couple members. So if you or anyone else might be interested in hub-rings I can post another GD info. More than likely it will be the exact same info from the first GD, but DON'T quote me on that until I speak to him. Personally I haven't had a chance to look into the brackets, but a couple other members have gone much further than I have in fabricating brackets.
Well I'll tell ya what CandiMan, I'd be more then happy to buy another set from ya (forgot to measure the rings so I can't make my own set on the lathes at school, idiot me). If I decide to go with 2 piece Cobras next, I don't think I'll be able to get the rings off without breakin um this time, lol. Let me know what's up.

~Keith
Old 10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Blazin......

Originally Posted by CandiMan

So Whats the Price for these rings??

ALso any other Caliper MOUNTING Problems anyWHERE?? Thanks

nupe500< some have to start out with what they can get then go from there. I IMAGINE he's our friend and on the org not only for his sake "of making em work" But to provide others with info too. enough said. Peace man.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Administrator

so what do you plan to do during the winter with those 20 inch rims?
Old 10-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Jedi Knight

Originally Posted by bobjohnson
So Whats the Price for these rings??

ALso any other Caliper MOUNTING Problems anyWHERE?? Thanks

nupe500< some have to start out with what they can get then go from there. I IMAGINE he's our friend and on the org not only for his sake "of making em work" But to provide others with info too. enough said. Peace man.

Bob,

I hear what you're saying, but you don't go buying half a mod...just my two cents anyways...no hard feelings at all!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by nupe500
Search function, is your friend...also why would you go out and buy some parts not knowing what was needed to completed the project? Just wondering what the rationale was.

I got them both for $150, thought it was a good deal so i grabbed them knowing i can use them. Came here to find out exactly what else i need.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by SprintMax
so what do you plan to do during the winter with those 20 inch rims?
Skiing

Old 02-12-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

You need adaptor brackets from me. $40+shipping. And you need the hub rings from candiman to center the rotors.
You will also need some ss lines. www.anplumbing.com
fronts: 63071020
rears: 63071520

These are for a 3-gen but should be fine for a 4th gen. The fronts are designed to eliminate the small hard line that pokes out of the Z caliper. But if you would rather use the 240 conversion lines, I have an extra front set for sale. $40 shipped.

More info:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=244197

Pics here on my car:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=cobra
Old 02-12-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

Old 02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm needing a caw

Old 02-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jeff, whats the word on these for the 5th gen. If I can do these on my 2k then I am extremely interested. Just need to get everything together. I am definitley want to get a bbk using the 300zx calipers, I want the cobra rotor kit but might have to settle for the 2004 max rotor kit.