General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MardiGrasMax and sx7r

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 07:41 AM

hey, you two are the only guys i know of running juice...im looking for some info here i want to know what kind of setup you guys have to run the squeeze...upgraded fuel systems, tranny upgrade, spark plugs, gauges, vacuum hoses, anything and everything you did to accomodate the spray, i would like to know.

also, how much are you guys running? i want to start draggin at the local tracks this summer in my new max (hopefully 98 or 99 se 5 speed) and i want to put a little nitrous online i dont really care how much, im willing to upgrade all of the fuel system, i just dont know what im doing what is the most juice that the tranny/engine can handle? would i need racing fuel (100+ octane?)

as you can see im definatly a newbie with NOS...ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

casey
Old 02-23-2001, 09:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Glad to help ya!

We both run the Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) EFI Dry Manifold Kit. We both run ~100hp shots. We both have upgraded fuel pumps, and colder spark plugs.

I have some detailed info I will send to you later tonight when I get home.
Old 02-23-2001, 09:29 AM

basically i have an NOS dry kit(5175). upgrading your fuel system depends on how big of a shot you want to run. if you just want a 50 or even a 75 shot, i think you're pretty safe with the stock fuel system. anything over that and you'll probably need a higher pressure fuel pump. as for the tranny - well i have a 5 spd and it takes it fine, but i don't know about an automatic. you'll need 1 or 2 heat range colder spark plugs. i think MardiGrasMax uses the plugs from a NA 300Z - the NGK part number is in his sig. i use denso IK22's. the two most important gauges you'll need are probably fuel pressure and exhaust temp gauge. A/F ratio would be good too.

the most juice the engine or tranny can handle? people have had a 125 shot before. the bigger the shot, the more likely detonation will occur and running higherr octance fuel might help to prevent that. i'm at an 85 shot(.045) right now, but in a few days i'm going to 100, like MardiGrasMax said. i just run regular pump gas(93 octane) and i'm ok.

anyway, MardiGrasMax has been at this longer than i have and he helped me out alot so he probably has more info he can add.

[Edited by sx7r on 02-23-2001 at 11:32 AM]
Old 02-23-2001, 01:06 PM

how much does NOS system cost installed? what is your best time 1/4 and 0-60? and how long does a bottle last? Thanks, Anton
Old 02-23-2001, 03:53 PM

hmmm ok, well thats cool if you could give me some more info bout brand fuel pump, ect...i know a lot of this is in your sigs. im going to pick up my gauge pod today, but its only a dual, so i think im going to be stuck at that. which two should i get? also, the nos kit you guys run is the universal for the 3.0 litre engine, right? i was pricing that one awhile ago, like 544 bucks or something right? ok, well im out...thanks for the help

casey
Old 02-23-2001, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by global_threat
hmmm ok, well thats cool if you could give me some more info bout brand fuel pump, ect...i know a lot of this is in your sigs. im going to pick up my gauge pod today, but its only a dual, so i think im going to be stuck at that. which two should i get? also, the nos kit you guys run is the universal for the 3.0 litre engine, right? i was pricing that one awhile ago, like 544 bucks or something right? ok, well im out...thanks for the help

casey
check your e-mail...
Old 02-23-2001, 05:17 PM

hey Mardi what email did you send it to? i think i put fresh19m@aol.com on this bbs and i havnt received anything yet...thanks man

casey
Old 02-23-2001, 06:21 PM

ok cool i got it, now i need to transfer it to cd and go read it on my parents computer...hehe, i dont have ms word/works/ANYTHING for typing!

thanks again once i read it im sure ill understand

casey