General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

just got sideswiped.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2001, 02:13 PM

i went to my grandparents house and parked on the street. 2hrs later, i leave and walk to my car. i walk to the other side and see tire-rub mark and a dent the size of a tennis ball in my right front fender. i just stood there and stared for about 5 mins. i was like **** and i drove home. got home, cleaned off all the tire-rub marks off with simple green and now im just left with a dent in my fender, a 2 inch scratch in my paint and the very end of my door bumbper guard scraped off. its alright but should i fix the scratch right away? will it rust or anything? also, should i paint it professionally or just use touch up paint? thanks.
Old 02-24-2001, 02:39 PM

If you have the money, get it repaired. It will rust if you dont have a nice coat of wax on it
Old 02-24-2001, 06:33 PM

waxing it...

i probably wont repair it soon. im gonna wait till i have more money so i can paint the door handles and mirrors white too. if i use like 3 coats of wax on that particular area till then, will it be ok and not rust? thanks