General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

warranty/service..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 11:10 AM

warranty/service..

hi all.. this is my first time posting. I just took over ownership of a 03 maxima se at 30k miles but it hasnt had its 30k mile service yet( i dont believe it has had service within the last 10k miles actually). The warranty is 3 year/36k miles bumper to bumper and i was wondering if i took the car to nissan in my area, would the service be free. i know this might be a stupid question but this is my first car and i'm not too knowledgable about everything there is to owning a car. Thanks for any help for a newbie like myself. any tips/suggestions for general maintainance of the car would be appreciated as well.

stephen
Old 12-09-2003, 12:08 PM

I'm not 100% sure on Nissan, but service and wear items (ie. brake pads, etc) are usually not covered under factory base warranty. I do warranty administration for 3 different import car lines. If you want to know for sure, call the dealer and ask the warranty administrator.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:40 PM

30k mile service is NOT free... they will probably overcharge u for it.... either do it urself.. or take it to a reputable shop