General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

anyone with GC/GR-2 combo??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:35 PM

anyone with GC/GR-2 combo??

I was wondering if anyone has this combo. i made the mistake of getting the tokico blues witht he ground controls and they are now toast. how is the ride feel??? did they blow at all??

kiwon
Old 12-19-2003, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by 2kMax
I was wondering if anyone has this combo. i made the mistake of getting the tokico blues witht he ground controls and they are now toast. how is the ride feel??? did they blow at all??

kiwon
Tokico Blues are crap, GR-2s are almost just as bad. Do yourself a favor and save up for some Konis or Illuminas for your Ground Controls. Or get different springs if you want to run cheaper shocks like that:
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/?SuspensionSelection
Old 12-19-2003, 01:34 PM

What's it with everybody and that site? Everytime somebody asks a question, somebody posts that site up? Also some of the information on that site is inaccurate IMHO, i have Sprints/AGX and you can ask people that have ridden in my car on Ottawa roads this setup is badass...

LEMAR
Old 12-19-2003, 01:38 PM

Also, the quoted drops are inaccurate as well, Progress drops nearly as much as Sprint... Eibach drops more than H&R and they drop close to Progress in real life... Me and Blaxxima measured his Progress vs my Sprint and our front ends were nearly dead even and the rear is higher on the Sprint
Old 12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
What's it with everybody and that site? Everytime somebody asks a question, somebody posts that site up? Also some of the information on that site is inaccurate IMHO, i have Sprints/AGX and you can ask people that have ridden in my car on Ottawa roads this setup is badass...

LEMAR
because it gives a general idea, not for individual cases.

anyway basically tokico blues/GR2s aren't great shocks if lowered more than 1.5".
Old 12-19-2003, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
Also, the quoted drops are inaccurate as well, Progress drops nearly as much as Sprint... Eibach drops more than H&R and they drop close to Progress in real life... Me and Blaxxima measured his Progress vs my Sprint and our front ends were nearly dead even and the rear is higher on the Sprint
I'm assuming you're talking about front drops in all these.

Let's see, "progress drops nearly as much as sprint".... and with progress being 1.7 and sprint being 2.0, 3/10 of an inch difference sounds about right.

And "Eibach drops more than H&R and they drop close to progress in real life"
Since Eibach drops 1.5 which is more than H&R of 1.4 and is very close to progress of 1.7. I'd say that you exactly described what's already on my page:
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/?MaximaSprings

So where's the inaccuracy?

Also, if you do find something dead wrong on a page, please help the whole community out and use the edit button at the bottom of every page to fix it, instead of complaining about it.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have Toks & Teins, ive said it be4 and ill say it again. If I were to do it over again, id go with either JIC or Tein Coilovers. Screw GC's, and normal sturts. Thats just a half @ss version of coilovers IMO.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by HitManSE
I have Toks & Teins, ive said it be4 and ill say it again. If I were to do it over again, id go with either JIC or Tein Coilovers. Screw GC's, and normal sturts. Thats just a half @ss version of coilovers IMO.

I'll drink to that.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:10 PM

heyok i read the site and it doesnt really answer my question.. well maybe it does but im being ignorant and ignoring the data on his site.. i have a 5th gen 2k1 maxima on progress springs right now ( the drop is fine but i wish the front was even lower the front is still higher than the back) and my stock struts just blew and i was about to buy the kyb gr2s, but apparently.. i guess ... from this thread and the website it isnt good because the drop is too low? 1.7 and settles to close to 2? so whats my alternative for cheap struts that will ride decently ( by that i mean i dont care if it is really harsh or soft as long as it doesnt cost a grip)... or is my only alternative something like the illuminas that just came out?
Old 12-21-2003, 11:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man if you want something just to last a little while (10-15K miles) then Toks or the GR-2 will due just fine. I have toks & as much as people say they are crap they dont bounce, I have no knocking sounds and the overall control of the spring is just fine.
Im riding on teins so its a bit lower then progress, stiffer too I might add. Ive got about 10K on the setup. If you want something to just get you by then GR-2s will also do just fine. I cant compare since I havnt had both but they should do what the toks do for a little less.

Just out of curiosity, the first work in the post about mine "Heyok" Is that some1's name? or did you not put a space in it, and its actually "Hey ok"