General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

non-maxima invasion

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 04:26 PM

has anyone else noticed that there have been an influx of registered members who dont own maximas?

we have to defend our turf!!!! WAR!!

hehe j/k
Old 03-03-2001, 06:06 PM

it feels good people envy our cars
Old 03-03-2001, 06:14 PM

They just want to be a part of something they can't have.
Hehehehe
Old 03-03-2001, 06:55 PM

Yeah, I know Id have trouble swinging a 93 or a 94 Maxima.

I come here sometimes because some of the other forums I post on are dead and this is a pretty lively board. I come here because I respect the Maxima as my cars rival (same as the SHO), though I feel my car has the edge in straight out acceleration. I come here to **** people off and start HUGE 4 page flame wars!

Later,
Old 03-03-2001, 08:23 PM
Custommaxima.com

GTP Punk

Hey GTP, I wouldn't start any fights that you can't win. I think it is about 5000 to 1.

Old 03-04-2001, 12:01 AM
STFU n00b!

Re: GTP Punk

Originally posted by drummer234
Hey GTP, I wouldn't start any fights that you can't win. I think it is about 5000 to 1.
Just remember to take everything with a grain of salt man.. note from the smiley he was joking around (at least this post)..

it's the severe retalitation that makes the flame wars nasty. otherwise just ignore them and they'll go away if they're a$$holes.
Old 03-04-2001, 12:15 AM
Custommaxima.com

hehe

I know, ain't trying to produce any conflagrations, just letting our friend whats up. But I agree wit ya.

Old 03-04-2001, 02:53 PM

BRING IT......DONT SING IT!!!! (sorry so cliche)

Bring it Max-boys!! I aint skeered!! In my dreams last night I was on a 5000 lane dragstrip, and it was me (stock) against 4999 Maxima's (various years, also stock), guess who came in first? Man, that was almost a wet dream....would my wife have been in for a surprise!!

When I first posted on here a few months ago, in the middle of another GTP/Max debate, I was looking for a modded Max (approx 30-40hp over stock) in the Chicago area that wanted a quick run. What did I get? Nothing. I got a dude with an SC'd Max that challenged me, but thats it. My offer still stands, there has to be one Max from the Chicago area thats modded short of an SC or juice. Come on, dont be scared.

Later,
Old 03-04-2001, 05:07 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Afraid

So GTPGUY your afaid of a car equal to yours in mods. They can't have a SC and you can. That's because your car sucks and a SC maz would romp on you hard. nuff said
________
Park Beach Condo Pattaya

Last edited by dmbmaxima2k2; 09-04-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2001, 05:08 PM
Tomo

Ok I hate to get in to this cuz i never do but all you are saying is that i knwo how fast my car is and i will race any one who is slower. Whats the point.

Old 03-04-2001, 05:13 PM
GTP SUCKS!!!

GTP GIRL

Hey its okay to be jealous of a car you cannot afford. Your little friends that drive Pontiacs can keep wishing they drove such a fine car as the Maxima. Don't forget you came here, no one came to your GTP forum. My grandmother drives a pontiac.

Last night i had a dream I set a GTP on fire and there was someone in it, oh wait it wasn't a dream....

Old 03-04-2001, 06:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

gtp guy:

Dood...I'm on your side....As everybody can read from my sig, I have a sorry arsh Volvo. I mentioned on several Volvo boards that I'm dissatisfied with the fit/finish and performance of my car compared to that of a Maxima, which would be in the same class at the time (1st gen). I was told to f*ck off...and a few of them emailed me to let me know that Maximas are superior in nearly every way.
Anyways, 2 years ago I loved GTP's...looks great, fast car...with suspension mods it's toe-for-toe with a suspension modded Max for turns/corners...There's an equal amount of mods for both cars (namely=scarce). What turned me off from the GTP was the cheap plastics that owners were saying and how things fell apart in the first year of ownership. Other than that, I probably would be a gtp fan now. I still have great respect for that car.
oh...one more thing: i love 5sp...and I heard somebody dropped a 5sp into a gtp before...
If I had a gtp, one of the first things I'd get is the pulley...After that, us Maxima guys should seriously watch out...
Anyways, If a GTP was given to me like my Volvo was, I'd take it in a heartbeat....
Jay

________
EASY VAPE

Last edited by ThurzNite; 03-21-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2001, 01:48 PM

dmbmaxima88----

I see what you are trying to say but you have to remember the SC on my car is not a mod, thats stock.

Tomo---------

No, Im not trying I want to race slower cars. Yes, I do know how fast my car is. The point I was trying to make was Im modded about 30-40hp over stock so I wanted to run a Max 30-40hp over so it would be a wash. Then it would be just about the same a racing stock vs. stock and I'll show you who would win that. There seems to be a great number of you who will not admit, or are oblivious to the fact, that the one advantage the GTP has on the Maxima is straight line acceleration. I dont have any troubles admitting my car weaknesses.......interior, overall fit/finish, reliability. but I have no problem boasting about it's strengths either.......SPEED, looks, options.

For those interested, a Max guy just posted an encounter with his modded 2000 5-speed against a GTP. Pretty interesting reading.........

http://newforum.clubgp.com/ubb/clubg...ML/001215.html

Later,
Old 03-05-2001, 02:04 PM
GTP SUCKS!!!

It's to bad the GTP girls can't make their own forum, they gotta gotta come here. Well if they can't take the heat get the f*ck out of the kitchen!!!

Old 03-05-2001, 02:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey thurznite

We had a 1985 Volvo.My Parents bought it brand new, went on a cruise to go to Sweden just to get the thing from the Factory there in Sweden. It was a 5 speed GLE. Great car, we traded it in for a 1995 Volvo 850 GLT, Amethyst in color. Its a great car and has good pick up for an automatic. I wouldve went to a 5 spd though. Its nice to see another Volvo owner on here. I am infatuated with Volvos as much as Maximas. I lived around VOLVOs all my life so I think that plays a big part in my infatuation with Volvos too. They may call them bricks, but they can be modded pretty well. Not very many mods that I know of for the car but I wouldnt mind having one( not the 85 though, 95 or newer more like it)
Old 03-05-2001, 07:32 PM
tlauro, PDQ GP

Re: Afraid----not really

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88
So GTPGUY your afaid of a car equal to yours in mods. They can't have a SC and you can. That's because your car sucks and a SC maz would romp on you hard. nuff said
well, I guess mod for mod, if we can add headers, smaller pulleys and a good exhaust and run mid to high 13's I suppose you Maxima's can too.

what does a SC Max run anyway. not BS hype with tons of mods...but what really do the Stillin SC's run in the 1/4. I don't see many posts with sigs that show having them.

tim

Old 03-05-2001, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Afraid----not really

look in sigs of sleeper and SteveinChicago you will see sleeper 13.3 and Steve 13.4 (Auto)

Originally posted by tlauro, PDQ GP
Originally posted by dmbmaxima88
well, I guess mod for mod, if we can add headers, smaller pulleys and a good exhaust and run mid to high 13's I suppose you Maxima's can too.

what does a SC Max run anyway. not BS hype with tons of mods...but what really do the Stillin SC's run in the 1/4. I don't see many posts with sigs that show having them.

tim