General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Some Roadkillz after the rains....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 10:19 PM

Well after it has been raining for several days, the rain finally let up, just in time for the weekand. Some good roadkills that I would like to mention are:
Races Saturday:
1)Civic Si--We started from stand still and we both had a good start and man did his engine sound good(maybe had major engine mods) but the traction was terrible from the somewhat wet street. We were both equal up until 40mph when my Max got some traction and toasted him like a car and a half. We ran again at a stop light and this time had better traction and I had him like two or more car lengths.
Races this Sunday:
2)Subaru Impreza RS-- Ran from light and this race was a joke. We had no traction problems because the roads were dry now but had him off the line and shut down at about 50mph.
3)early 90's Corvette-- I saw this older looking model Vette with chrome exhuasts(maybe early 90's) and wanted to race it since never raced a Corvette before. My girlfriend told me not to even try because I would probably get humilated but I beg to differ. We were at the light and I toof off fast but he didn't, then I heard the loud roar of the vette motor at my heels but he never caught up to me. Then later on, on the same street the guy in the vette pulls up in front of me and waves to me to follow him. I do so and what he wanted was to race again and we did, on a small two way side street but what the hell no cars present, we stopped and looked at each other and peeled out. I was so surprised that the vette never got ahead of me and I ended about a car length ahead of him. I will never forget the surprised look on the guy's face when he just got dusted by a Maxima. My girlfriend at my side was laughing and was so surprised that I had just killed a Corvette. Wow that felt great!!!!!!