General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

More updates on Fastbrakes kit g/d

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 02:26 PM
The missing moderator

This deal will end on Friday 3/9/01.

All final pricing information, including payment type and shipping cost is on the follow web page.
http://users.ev1.net/~shinglin/cars/brakes/wilwood.htm

Don't miss out on this price.

-Shing
Old 03-06-2001, 02:29 PM
The missing moderator

BTW if you want to order the kit, you can contact Brian at (602) 323-2110 between 6AM - 9PM MST.

-Shing
Old 03-06-2001, 08:02 PM

what is billet light? Dang those rotors dont come slotted? Strange... Where would people be able to buy extra brake pads? How sure are you shingles that these are better than STillen? Cuz I read in a magazine that the brakes didnt help to much when Stillen guys were doing a comparision.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:49 PM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by nizmolee
what is billet light? Dang those rotors dont come slotted? Strange... Where would people be able to buy extra brake pads? How sure are you shingles that these are better than STillen? Cuz I read in a magazine that the brakes didnt help to much when Stillen guys were doing a comparision.
Well I'd like to read that report too then... if someone says that going up to 12.2" 4 piston wilwood setup won't help... I'd like to see this.

I don't know if it's better than stillens, but the fact that it is 1/2 the price makes it better in my mind. The fact is, these are all wilwood parts, the caliper, the pad, and the rotors. Wilwood makes and provide parts to the likes of NASCAR teams... I can't imagine them making bad products.

-Shing
Old 03-06-2001, 09:54 PM

Aww man

I thought the slotted rotors were included with the $800. I was going to hop in on this deal, but have to think it over again. I just bought a set of Stainless stell brake lines and was thinking about getting a set of front slotted rotors and front axis pads (about $200). Are the Slotted rotors worth another $100?
Old 03-07-2001, 12:41 AM

Re: Aww man

Originally posted by Kevin Wong
I thought the slotted rotors were included with the $800. I was going to hop in on this deal, but have to think it over again. I just bought a set of Stainless stell brake lines and was thinking about getting a set of front slotted rotors and front axis pads (about $200). Are the Slotted rotors worth another $100?
Come on man, just fork out! I dont know if youll ever break hard nuff to even USE slotted rotors, the way you drive... I have lead foot, and even such Im not sure ill ever need more cooling for my rotors.

But, if you decide to not get the Wilwood.. i have a full set of porterfields for our max lying in my closet.. i checked my brakes the nite we did the springs, my brakes still have a lot of meat, so i didnt put them in. You probably saw the boxes in my front passenger seat.. i think they cost more than Axxis pads tho..
Old 03-07-2001, 06:48 AM

WTF? You'll only buy it if it has slotted rotors? Why don't you go buy those cross drilled brake cover up things? LOL
Old 03-07-2001, 07:08 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

what is billet light?

<A HREF="http://www.ryanemotorsports.com/suprbilt.htm">A simple internet search revealed this.</A> I didn't have any idea either.....They are made out of Billet aluminum, which is lighter yet stronger, other than that I'm clueless.

Dang those rotors dont come slotted?

Count your blessings that they don't. Unless you auto-cross and change brake fluid every weekend, slotting doesn't help you. I'm not a big fan of slotting from personal experience.....but I am a fan if it's for show only....

Strange... Where would people be able to buy extra brake pads?

They are Wilwood pads, so I will step-out and say you would buy them from Wilwood.

How sure are you shingles that these are better than STillen?

Do a search, but I never re-called him saying they are better, just reasonable cost-wise. Stillen offers 2 kits for the Max: one is $1700 and one is $2500. If you do the math, $800 is MUCH cheaper than $1700 or $2500....

As for performance. upgrading the stock single piston calipers to 4 piston and increasing the diameter of the rotor from 10.8" to 12.2" should stop the car much better from a physics standpoint. That, and they fit under stock 16" 97 to 99 SE (and most aftermarket) wheels.....

Cuz I read in a magazine that the brakes didnt help to much when Stillen guys were doing a comparision.

What magazine? What was being compared? Stillen vs. what?