General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Everyone in Toronto, Canada. Read this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 04:48 PM

I posted up a horrible experience that I had with this shop called EAP Parts & Accessories today in the Dealership and Shop Forum. Everyone that lives in Scarborough or even Toronto should read this because this store doesn't deserve anyones business. Here's a link:

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...threadid=26670
Old 03-06-2001, 06:02 PM

Nathan..I get that a lot too..and I'm brown also.

Whenever I go to the Chinese car shops they follow me around and think I can't afford buying car parts. Then when I leave they look to see which car I'm getting into.

There's a good shop on Kennedy and Lawrence called Performance Improvements. http://www.performanceimprovements.com

Also there are some rice shops on Midland and Silver Star. You know the plaza behind the Taco Bell plaza at Finch and Midland? They seem polite. In the end, you could always goto the shops at Pacific Mall (but don't drive you Max there..the traffic rules aren't respected there).

Since we have March Break coming up, we should all meet up. What you think?
Old 03-06-2001, 06:35 PM

fill me in re: traffic rules...

....at Pacific Mall..what gives there? what could happen to your car??? vandals? poor drivers?? info please and thanks

thats one pretty wild and pathetic story..someone ought to go after that store keeper. It's sort of reverse discrimination isnt it????
Old 03-06-2001, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
Nathan..I get that a lot too..and I'm brown also.

Whenever I go to the Chinese car shops they follow me around and think I can't afford buying car parts. Then when I leave they look to see which car I'm getting into.

There's a good shop on Kennedy and Lawrence called Performance Improvements. http://www.performanceimprovements.com

Also there are some rice shops on Midland and Silver Star. You know the plaza behind the Taco Bell plaza at Finch and Midland? They seem polite. In the end, you could always goto the shops at Pacific Mall (but don't drive you Max there..the traffic rules aren't respected there).

Since we have March Break coming up, we should all meet up. What you think?
Hey Madd wasup!
That is exactly how I felt at this shop. The guy thought that my friend who is brown didn't have enough money to buy mods. Today, my friend didn't bring his modified MX-6 but he brought his 2000 Acura 1.6EL and the owner went to the window to see what kind of car we was driving. I find that most of these Chinese shops are like this however there are some good ones. After this happened today, we went to the shops on Silverstar because we find that they are more friendly and seem pretty fair. My friend will be getting his body kit, GTR wing, and yellow paint from there.

Actually, I live just walking distance from Pacific and go there almost every week because they don't charge tax on everything. My FSTB that I ordered is from Performance Improvements but I've been waiting since Nov 10th as is Joee. They do however seem to be very nice and speak in a language I can actually understand.

About March break, Fivelitrekiller wants to meet up on Saturday or something before the Performance World car show on Airport Road.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:45 PM

Re: fill me in re: traffic rules...

Originally posted by LeoB
....at Pacific Mall..what gives there? what could happen to your car??? vandals? poor drivers?? info please and thanks

thats one pretty wild and pathetic story..someone ought to go after that store keeper. It's sort of reverse discrimination isnt it????
LeoB, since I live so close to this place I know everything that happens there. First, the traffic there is horrible. Although they have underground parking, it still gets full and the drivers are no better. The biggest risk is getting into an accident infront of Pacific(on Steeles and Kennedy). You get drivers from all over Toronto because it is suppose to be a tourist attraction. Secondly, everyday a couple of cars get stolen from the parking lot.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:04 PM

THANX

..for the info..is there anywhere that a person could leave there car within a 10 minute walk or somehting, during the day..like a school parking lot or whatever??
Old 03-06-2001, 07:18 PM

Well, you can park your car across the street, on the south side of steeles where the Canadian Tire is. If your going there on a busy day I would recommend parking there, but if you go there late in the evening you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:44 PM

Here's an idea, let's post our stories at parking at Pacific Mall.

Once I dropped my dad off there and was told to wait for him for like 10minutes..well instead of parking, I just decided to drive around Pacific Mall's parking lot...that took freaking 20min!! Not cause its large..but cause it's damn crowded..people take like 5mins reverse parking which holds up everyone else in line!

LeoB: Drivers at Pacific Mall don't follow traffic rules. My friend almost got run over as he was crossing on the walkway. And the drivers don't stop at the stop sign..that's my biggest peeve!!

Nathan, next time you go to Silver Star area let me know, since I live around 5mins from there. Also let me know about the plans for hte mini-meet. You can email me at anoojs@yahoo.com . Try to have the meet closer to TO, cause I'm not sure if I'll be able to goto Audio Thunder.

Old 03-06-2001, 08:01 PM

I don't think that color matters much. I have had some of the same experiances in stereo shops and preformance shops.
I think I will visit that shop and show the guy my money and then walk out and say you could have had this but you treated my friend like ****.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:05 PM

heres my Pacific Mall parking story a month ago:
it was a saturday afternoon lunch time me and my parents were gonna grab some lunch there and we tried to park. I circled the place 2 times (everywhere even the back employee parking area didn't go underground because we went there once and got stuck for half an hr) it took 30mins and didn't find ANY spot... we ended up eating somewhere else btw I gave up in 20mins and it took another 10mins 2 get out
Old 03-06-2001, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by 94SUPERMAX
I don't think that color matters much. I have had some of the same experiances in stereo shops and preformance shops.
I think I will visit that shop and show the guy my money and then walk out and say you could have had this but you treated my friend like ****.
Hey 94SUPERMAX, where are you located in T.O? You should meet up with my maxima club this sometime. Actually, we might be getting together this Saturday before the Performance World car show.

Oh by the way, check out my website and if you want to sign up for free membership email me at: daven111@hotmail.com
Old 03-06-2001, 08:24 PM

I live in London, but I am going to Toronto on Saturday for the Audio Thunder Competition I think that it's in the same building as the Preformance World car show. Is it at the International Centre?

Old 03-06-2001, 08:31 PM

aw shucks

I live in Belleville, but I'm going to Vancouver for 8 days this thursday. I have absolutely had it for SNOW, and I HOPE that when I return mid march, I can take off my snow tires and try on my new 8 spoke American Eagle alloys!
Old 03-07-2001, 10:54 AM
BlkCat

It's the Hong Kong attitude you've just experienced...

The last time my wife and I were in HK she went out shopping with a friend. We're both Canadian born but she knows her Chinese better than me. Anyways the stores there seldom let you try things on and they make snide remarks right in front of you. As she looked around in a clothing store she was speaking to her friend in English. Two store attendants noticed that my wife was a foreigner and make some stupid, rude remarks about her and the way she was dressed. My wife gave them both a dirty look, said to them "I know what you said" and just walked right out of the store.

That store owner and wife were arrogant,small-minded HK small business people who would prefer to deal with their own kind. I'd stay far far away from them.

By the way last time I was in T.O. I thought that the name "Pacific" was an odd choice for a mall which is no where near the Pacific coast, let alone the Atlantic coast.

Old 03-07-2001, 11:45 AM

Funny you guys mentioned this...I have a friend in Toronto and London that i'll be visiting this spring and summer so I might make it up that way a couple times...it's only a 8 hour drive or so from Chicago I think...it'll be cool to hook up at some point while im up there.........

Be cool
ONE