General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The birth place of our problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I live life on the edge

The birth place of our problems

I went to New Orleans this past weekend for some pre Mardi Gras action and as I pasted through Jackson, MS. guess what I saw?

That's right the famous Nissan plant in Miss. That place is feakin huge. These pics don't really do it any justice. Being the disgruntled Nissan owner that I am, I payed homage by doing doughnuts in the front lawn, throwing failed ignition coils about the parking lot and failed MAF sensors at the windows. Then I wallpapered the the front glass windows to the main entrance with all the useless TSB's they put out. When security stopped and questioned me I simply replied " I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate the problem your talking about"
Old 02-01-2004, 10:05 PM

hahaha
Old 02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

nicely put...haah thats some funny ****

-J
Old 02-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by skalberti
When security stopped and questioned me I simply replied " I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate the problem your talking about"

Hahahaha...... that's some funny ****. And nice pictures too, esp that first one where you're able to align the highway sign with the Nissan tower.

~limsandy
Old 02-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I wonder how many non-Nissan vehicles there are in the employee parking lots.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:17 PM

Oh wait, I thought 5th gen Maximas are made in Japan? It was the 6th gen that were being produced here in the USA.

~limsandy
Old 02-01-2004, 10:19 PM

That is funny stuff...but, isn't this plant for the Trucks?

5th gen = Japan

6th Gen = Smyrna Tenn. U.S.A.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:22 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go

That's one thing I forgot to say. Out of the several hundred cars in the parking lot out front, the only two nissan products I saw were a 350Z and an Altima. My friend I see more Fords and Chevy's than anything. Imagine that.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:26 PM

I went to New Orleans this past weekend for some pre Mardi Gras action and as I pasted through Jackson, MS. guess what I saw?

That's right the famous Nissan plant in Miss. That place is feakin huge. These pics don't really do it any justice. Being the disgruntled Nissan owner that I am, I payed homage by doing doughnuts in the front lawn, throwing failed ignition coils about the parking lot and failed MAF sensors at the windows. Then I wallpapered the the front glass windows to the main entrance with all the useless TSB's they put out. When security stopped and questioned me I simply replied " I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate the problem your talking about"
wrong forum buddy, see ur maxima was made in Japan.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:32 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by FameMax
wrong forum buddy, see ur maxima was made in Japan.

Yes I know mine is made in Japan. That is one of the reasons I bought it, better fit and finish. I'm just referring to Nissan in general. I'm sure the Nissan plant in Japan is similar to this one, I just happened to drive by this one.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

That's one thing I forgot to say. Out of the several hundred cars in the parking lot out front, the only two nissan products I saw were a 350Z and an Altima. My friend I see more Fords and Chevy's than anything. Imagine that.
Thats how it is at the Honda plant in Marysville, Ohio as well. On occasion you would see a sweet NSX however.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I did the same thing on the way to New Orleans back in August. I was driving at 3AM so my pics didn't come out... I was like, "holy crap that's Nissan!!!" I forgot it was in Mississippi.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:43 AM
I miss the .org!

that's hilarious
Old 02-02-2004, 06:18 AM
brotherhood of tq

you should go back there and ask them why eveything inside our cars are so god damn hard to remove. cause me personally im tired of all those snapping pieces. then throw and egg at them and say that Will from jersey told you to do it.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Old Maxima Legend

hey man ! you were just up the road from the chariot by about 80 miles ! actually if you drove south on 1-55 you passed right by the armpit of the world.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:48 AM

LOL, good stuff!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Banned

I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate the problem your talking about

Old 02-02-2004, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
you should go back there and ask them why eveything inside our cars are so god damn hard to remove. cause me personally im tired of all those snapping pieces. then throw and egg at them and say that Will from jersey told you to do it.
i was just putting my door panel back on yeasterday after changin the damn torn speaker in there and for the life of me i couldnt get it to go back on those stupid hangers. the screws hold it on fine tho so i dont care... doesnt seem to rattle or anything so its all good
Old 02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
brotherhood of tq

i still cant get my rear interior brake light still wont snap back into the hole it stays in, so i've just given up
Old 02-03-2004, 08:46 PM
wat

You should collect all the broken Auto transmissions and scatter them allover their lawn, and throw a 9004 housing through their window.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:53 PM

Being the disgruntled Nissan owner that I am, I payed homage by doing doughnuts in the front lawn, throwing failed ignition coils about the parking lot and failed MAF sensors at the windows. Then I wallpapered the the front glass windows to the main entrance with all the useless TSB's they put out. When security stopped and questioned me I simply replied " I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate the problem your talking about"

ROTFLMFAO... god!!! that is good ****!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
smyrna nissan plant parking lot is probably the largest ford gathering in the southeast
Old 02-03-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BlueC
You should collect all the broken Auto transmissions and scatter them allover their lawn, and throw a 9004 housing through their window.
that's funny ohh you forgot the CUP HOLDERS !!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:35 PM

I thought there's just the Tenn plant, but in Missippippi? I wonder what model was made there, the Sentra?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by BlueC

and knock sensors, and coil packs, and window regulators, and power antennas....
Old 02-04-2004, 11:17 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

When security stopped and questioned me I simply replied " I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate the problem your talking about"
too funny!

next time u go back, throw some eggs at that place
Old 02-04-2004, 01:08 PM
ABK

Hey it's a good place for out next maxima meet, hell we could have the whole nissan meet there, lol. I bet you their local grocery store is going to run out of eggs, though.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:12 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 02-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Administrator

you need to go to japan to vent.. you own a 5th Gen
Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by SprintMax
you need to go to japan to vent.. you own a 5th Gen

Nissan is Nissan, it's all the same company. I'd rather vent close to home. At least I'll know what I'm saying while I'm cussing them out.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
I thought there's just the Tenn plant, but in Missippippi? I wonder what model was made there, the Sentra?
Obviously you did not read my post. This is the truck plant.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:34 PM

Nissan is Nissan, it's all the same company. I'd rather vent close to home. At least I'll know what I'm saying while I'm cussing them out.

Same company, but not the same people. Be like someone taking things out on you for what your sibling did...all the same family.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:40 PM
I live life on the edge

Originally Posted by JettmiesterMax
Same company, but not the same people. Be like someone taking things out on you for what your sibling did...all the same family.

Well if that is the case, do you take your car to Japan for service, or your local Nissan dealership? Yes different people, but all representing the same company.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:13 PM

If you are so mad at Nissan products why do you own one? I don't find egging the plant funny. I found the first post funny just because its a little venting but if I saw that plant I would to it because its Nissan.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:15 PM
will fly for food

Originally Posted by phatmax95
If you are so mad at Nissan products why do you own one? I don't find egging the plant funny. I found the first post funny just because its a little venting but if I saw that plant I would to it because its Nissan.
I'd definitely throw bad coil packs at the building though... other than that, I love my car
Old 02-04-2004, 10:24 PM

The only thing I would throw at it this very nice auto that gets hot and R and N go forward.. lol
Old 02-04-2004, 10:40 PM
will fly for food

The only thing I would throw at it this very nice auto that gets hot and R and N go forward.. lol
hahaha, yea.. definitely throw it at them
Old 02-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I live life on the edge

It's not that I don't like my car. It's the poor customer service that Nissan provides their customers. My original post said nothing about egging. It was basicly a list of the "known" problems associated with the 5th gen and making a little fun of them. I bought this car in may of 2000 and payed cash for it. I had a 99 accord that I liked , but the Max had a few more features and was a little bigger, that is why I own one. If I knew about the resale and customer service issues with Nissan I would absolutely without a doubt not buy one if I could go back knowing what I know now. I know everyone doesn't share this same feeling as I do. I'm glad everyone hasn't had to go through all that I have with Nissan. Search the forum, you'll see a lot of dissatisfied owners that are expecting more of Nissan's flagship auto. One thing is for sure I have seen no reason to to Nissan.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:24 PM

Ahhh yeah, the disgruntled nissan owners speak out!
Old 02-05-2004, 10:37 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by 007max

and knock sensors, and coil packs, and window regulators, and power antennas....
dont forgot the alternators from '97 & '98 models

Quick Reply: The birth place of our problems