General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need Help ASAP.. Please read..

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 04:39 PM

hi.. I got into little accident early today.. I was in parking lot and going out to the exit, and this old caravan infront of me, suddenly back up and hit my car.. I was honking heck out of him while he backing up, but he didn't stop till he hit my car.. I got out the car and look at the damage, there wasn't big damage beside paint from old caravan (it was removed easily with finger).. This one other guy came over and looked at the car, he said there's nothing wrong with it.. and telling us to just leave, since there was nothing to argue about.. so I decided to leave.. I wrote his license plate number just in case..
When I get home 10 minutes later, I found out that there's this little bump mark on lower grill on my 96 max.. paint looks like it's gonna crack any second.. i didn't notice it before, and I had to leave that place where I got hit, since there was cars trying to exit too..
I wouldn't really get mad with this damage, I can just pass it along.. But the old caravan driver, old grandy, was trying to blame it on me.. Saying he didn't know I was behind him, and I was the one who should be careful..
Never mention that he was sorry or anything till this one other guy came over.. Unfortunally I didn't get his number/info..
So what can I do now?? All I have is his license plate number.. and my gf was on passerage seat while all this happen.. and I'll took some picture of my damage.. It's really hard to see it, it's nothing major, but it sure look like lot of $$ to fix it..
Help me out here guys.. Should I call my insurance company and report his license plate number?? I really don't wanna let this go.. Since there was damage to my car, and the old man who hit my car was being rude all the time while this happen..
Give me some good advise.. Thanks in advance..
Old 03-08-2001, 04:54 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Sorry to hear about the accident...

Given what you have... I would let it go. You have no witnesses (ones in you car don't hold much weight) and he (they) might even say you REAR ENDED them... People can be real A$$3$ sometimes... MY OPINION only though...

Best of luck!
Chung

PS... I carry a disposable camera in my car... just in case of these... pictures of positions of vehicles help...
Old 03-08-2001, 05:16 PM

Thanks for reply..
well, there was this one guy came to the scene..
I don't have his info.. but i remember that he working at auto express.. I saw his car, I bet I can find him by looking at yellowpage.. I know it will take some time..
Just called my insurance.. They told me that if i have witness, it will be no problem to do claim..
I know it will take some time to search on yellowpage.. But I'm sure I can find him..
He knows that old caravan back up and hit my car.. and he told other driver to apologize to me.. so basically he know that it's his falut..
wish me luck finding this guy..
Old 03-08-2001, 05:49 PM
dvyuan

Sorry to hear about that. You should also get all the info when you get in an accident weather you are going to do something or not. Anyhow, goodluck!