General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

2 Questions about KYB AGX....

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:09 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

2 Questions about KYB AGX....

1. Are they interchangible? from left to right? I think the rears are.. because I swapped them from 1 side to the other and they fit.. But are the fronts? Reason I'm asking is because I believe I saw that Cattman sells them as Front Left and Front Right.. and then Rears without any specification about the side...
so are they symmmetrical?

2. Does it matter where the adjustment **** on the struts point in the rear? (example: into the body, or looking outward.) ?

thanks...
Old 02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
The Definitive AE Master

the fronts are not interchangeable. Because the sleeve that bolts up to the two bolts on the suspension will be facing the wrong way.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:33 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally Posted by Larrio
the fronts are not interchangeable. Because the sleeve that bolts up to the two bolts on the suspension will be facing the wrong way.

i see

i am ossuming you are running these struts.. did the rear 4th gen spring fit into the 4th gen AGX eventually? I have Maxspeeds in the rear and i was told the weight of the car will force them into the right place on the strut mount.. ?

thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 10:37 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally Posted by NYCe MaXiMa
i see

i am ossuming you are running these struts.. did the rear 4th gen spring fit into the 4th gen AGX eventually? I have Maxspeeds in the rear and i was told the weight of the car will force them into the right place on the strut mount.. ?

thanks
i have the cattman modified agx's. The fronts are modified, but the rears are just the 4th gen agx's. For people running 5th gen springs on the rear, it doesn't sit properly and had to be driven around till it "settled"

I bought 4th gen springs for my 5th gen, so I didn't have that problem. Although I have a clunking noise in the right rear when going into drive ways, but I dunno what it is.