General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima courtesy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Always sunny in philly

Maxima courtesy?

When driving down the highway the other day, i saw a rosewood maxima w/red and clears, exhaust, clear corners. I pulled up to say wassup but he wanted to race immediately. Hmm...

anyways, if you see a modded MAXIMA, are you opted to greet/check out the ride, or want to prove yours is better?
Old 03-04-2004, 01:57 PM
will fly for food

i definitely want to greet/check out the ride...
Old 03-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I always want a sign that reads: org?

Most max people in my area have never heard of maxima.org though.

Now that I actually look at it written down, that's a stupid idea. One mis-read and it gets kinda wierd. (mistake the '?' for a 'y')
Old 03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Old 03-04-2004, 06:04 PM
2060lbs and falling...

I've seen four or five modded max's in the area. One guy I actually stopped and talked to. His name was Tony with a Emerald Green 4.5 Gen Auto w/ tan interior. He was a nice guy and I encouraged him to join the .org. He didn't seem to enthusiastic and I left. Thats the only encounter I've had. Never raced one or anything. And I don't count f@gs that have hyperwhites and call themselves modded.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:43 PM
brotherhood of tq

i had a bad experience with a modded max... i saw one modded just like mine just beige and i was so happy to see another modded max and i wanted to check out his car and say hi but he rolled down his windows and gave me and my friend the finger and then tore of down the highway. i would have caught up to him if it wasnt for my damn limiter. it was so messed up. my freinds laughed and told me thats why they never see modded maxes cause they are ricers. that guy made max owners look bad.
Will
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 PM

I always give the nod to someone who has a modded max and sees me. Usually I get a highbeam flash or a wasup or something. I never had a bad experience with another modded max driver . . . . I sometimes get on it a little to see if the other Max wants to play, but I dont take offense if the other driver does not want to risk his life/lisence and be a moron like I might want to.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:13 PM

I'm in a wal-mart parking lot most the night so i go up to anyone with a max and talk to them, or if the car is nice enough i'll move mine next to or near it and when they come out of the store i'll ask them some questions. Most people are cool. Had a few on the street act like d1cks though.

I like checking out other cars, I'm not racing mine on the street, way to many accidents happening and i'm not about to be apart of them.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:30 PM

are you fing kidding me, normal maxima owners think I'm crazy, and its even worse when I'm not driving my maxima. It's always fun to meet people who say "wow! I never knew they made that for our cars".
Old 03-04-2004, 11:39 PM

I saw a hot girl in a ricey max a couple days ago by my college. Altezzas, cat back, the works. I still wanted to say hi, but it was a two lane, and she was going the opposite direction. I don't care that she was riced. How often do you meet a hot girl with a modded maxima?
Old 03-04-2004, 11:52 PM
† ErV †

anyways, if you see a modded MAXIMA, are you opted to greet/check out the ride, or want to prove yours is better?
nope. i see plenty modded ones... i do stare however, till i determine it's not someone in the SE forum, and just go on my merry way.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by chillinmax
beat their *** off the line to get their attention and then slow down to see if they want to chat. what'd you think
Old 03-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Old Maxima Legend

i like the NORMAL MAXIMA owners. we must be fanatics being org members. its surprising how many max owners have no idea about maxima.org

that being said, ever since the body kit there have been lots of maxima owners asking questions and having no idea about the body kits for our cars.

i was in this place eating about a month ago, and some strange guy i had never seen before was looking over my way, waving and standing around ?

finally i realized he was trying to get my attention, so i motioned for the guy to come over. he pulled up a chair, introduced himself and with pen and paper in hand proceeded to ask me questions.

its real cool to help out other max owners or have them help you out. i remember when i had no idea what a body kit was and just thought it was the best thing i had ever seen when a real cool max passed me on the road.

that was back in the day when all i had was a pop charger, didnt know about the org and thought my maxima was the fastest and badest maxima/car anywhere. LOL !

then i came across the org and felt about as tall as an ant ! ha !
Old 03-05-2004, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i had a bad experience with a modded max... i saw one modded just like mine just beige and i was so happy to see another modded max and i wanted to check out his car and say hi but he rolled down his windows and gave me and my friend the finger and then tore of down the highway.
That's why I just run all the modded maxima's I see off the road.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:35 PM
brotherhood of tq

yea if i ever go boost i will be nice to the nice max owners and chase down the feew ****s i come across. Yea i kno about 6 guys at my school wit nice maxes and im the only guy on the org. i think we need a comercial or something!
Old 03-05-2004, 03:38 PM

Maybe we should do like the Vettes do...
Old 03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

if it wasn't for another ORG'er (redmax) taking the time to talk to me (bone-stock at the time), i never would've known about this place.

usually if it's somebody with mods (esp. an SE-L ), i try to pull up and say "hey"...if they wanna act like d*cks, screw 'em; like we need more a-holes on here.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:09 PM

Most of the max's I see are owned by no enthusiasts. I occasionaly see a max with rims, altezza's buth nothing too special. There are definatly a lot of max's that arent on te org. I ahve soem friends with max's that aren't. They jsut do their own thing.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 PM

I saw some chick with a modd'd max, and when I tried to get up next to her to check it out, she flipped me off and blew past me...

what a fu*king b!tch!
Old 03-05-2004, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
yea if i ever go boost i will be nice to the nice max owners and chase down the feew ****s i come across. Yea i kno about 6 guys at my school wit nice maxes and im the only guy on the org. i think we need a comercial or something!
"We need you.........to join the org!" (Someone in a Maxima pointing at the camera)
Old 03-05-2004, 09:02 PM
will fly for food

Originally Posted by TheSoundSoldier
I saw some chick with a modd'd max, and when I tried to get up next to her to check it out, she flipped me off and blew past me...

what a fu*king b!tch!
there are 3 girls in my dorm with maximas... one is a lowered White 97 SE w/tint, one girl has a bone stock 5th gen SE, and the other girl has a Red 3rd gen SE w/rims and tint.... I'd tell them about the org, but they might think im an idiot.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Always sunny in philly

I seldom see Maximas around here, and when i do, i really do try to give the nod. I think the only time i got a nod was from a guy in a 5th...and when he saw my HIDS (brand new at the time) i was astonished to see he was an orgger, from his windshield banner.

My car isnt top modded or riced out, just a little mod here and there. But what i do get sometimes is a lot of civics that stare and give me that look "wait, thats a 4 door...and its hooked up? HA HA HA"

Times like those I just laugh...
Old 03-07-2004, 07:26 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Well said everyone. A Maxima phenomenon is sweeping Monona, WI(Town next to Madison). Three people at my school have Max's as their first car. I don't mean to be egotistical but people see me and want something like it. They want one because I apparently have street credibility for beating the "fastest", now the second fastest car in school. This is the funny part, the "fastest" is a mildly modded 93 Probe GT. Nothing else here comes close to running a 16.??. Its weird. When I have random conversations w/ freshmen in study hall it usually involves cars. I ask them what they want to get and several of them have said "Maxima"
Old 03-07-2004, 08:20 PM

There was this gone guy i met in kmart... him and his friends were being retarted twards me... so i leave, get to my car and this modded max is parked beside me. dc corners. cat-back. clear tails. lowered w/ rims. and hid's. so i decide to wait

turns out its the guys in the store own it..., i roll down my window and ask him if he was going to paint the bottom part of the tails red. he looks at me like a dumb**** and says wtf would i want to do that..

i leave, and he follows me, trys to pass/ fails/ then flashes me , i pull over, and he starts asking me all of the stupid *** questions like am i gay and whatnot.

i then started thinking. i surely hope not all people w/ modded max's are like that.

and thats the only one in my town that has something done to it . besides mine.. and ive only seen it once.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:50 AM
brotherhood of tq

i still think we need to go ahead with the commercial (sp?). just imagine if we could get all the people who own maximas to join our forum... but then it may run kinda slow with all the new folks all clicking on search at the same time