General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Drag racers: I bought some VHT "track bite" for the track...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 08:14 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

This stuff actually works and makes your tires bite harder. It is liquid that you can do a burnout in or directly apply it to the tires. I took my car out to a industrial park and did a quick 1 second spin to clean the tires. I revved up to 2800 rpms, slipped the clutch, got rolling for a split second and then floored it. I got a bit of spin to 3500 rpms and then it it hooked up and then chirped real hard into 2nd. I turned around and went to roughly the same spot. I sprayed a little VHT to the tires. I did the same launch procedure and the tires just chirped and I layed hard into it and then I hit 2nd real hard and the tires barely chirped. I didn't have to hold back at all. Ohhh yeah I was pumped. I think my 2.4X 60 foot days are over fellas. I'm gonna put some spring blockers in the rears and apply some VHT to the tires at the track next weekend at the annual Club Grand Prix track day at KCIR. I'm praying for some 2.1-2.2 60 foots and 14.5s.

Dave
Old 09-21-2000, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
This stuff actually works and makes your tires bite harder. It is liquid that you can do a burnout in or directly apply it to the tires. I took my car out to a industrial park and did a quick 1 second spin to clean the tires. I revved up to 2800 rpms, slipped the clutch, got rolling for a split second and then floored it. I got a bit of spin to 3500 rpms and then it it hooked up and then chirped real hard into 2nd. I turned around and went to roughly the same spot. I sprayed a little VHT to the tires. I did the same launch procedure and the tires just chirped and I layed hard into it and then I hit 2nd real hard and the tires barely chirped. I didn't have to hold back at all. Ohhh yeah I was pumped. I think my 2.4X 60 foot days are over fellas. I'm gonna put some spring blockers in the rears and apply some VHT to the tires at the track next weekend at the annual Club Grand Prix track day at KCIR. I'm praying for some 2.1-2.2 60 foots and 14.5s.

Dave
VHT is so sticky that I can't get that crap off my sneakers (outsole). Once it's on there for an extended period of time, it's on there..
Old 09-22-2000, 08:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Put some on your hands too and you can be spiderman..

ZuM

Originally posted by got rice?
Originally posted by Dave B

Dave
VHT is so sticky that I can't get that crap off my sneakers (outsole). Once it's on there for an extended period of time, it's on there..