General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Saw that '92 SE 5-speed...<more>

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 02:29 PM

I went to see the '92 SE 5-speed that I was going to buy this moring. Let me start off by saying...it wasn't what I expected.

The exterior of the car was immaculate...few very minor scratches...but other than that, it was beautiful. But, I thought I was going to see a White Maxima...but this Maxima was a "Pearl" White Maxima which is like a cream color...which was nice, but I'm not too crazy about it.

Next comes the interior...and wow! I can't believe how horribly someone can treat a Maxima. It was very dirty and the leather was torn. Plus it was a tan leather interior, and i'm not crazy about tan interiors...mainly because the dash board is black and it doesn't match the tan too well.

We took it for a ride and it rode nice and ran good, but it smelled like the guy smoked in it and i just couldn't get over how dirty it was.

Also, he advertised it with '97 SE wheels, but they were really the '97 GLE style wheels...which were nice...but again, not what I expected.

All in all, I am NOT going to be buying this Maxima, however, I now have someone coming to look at my Maxima. I think I am going to sell it (if it sells) and then put the money into savings for a '97 SE!
Old 09-24-2000, 03:31 PM

I was wondering what your asking for it

And how the sales are going in general. I'm thinking about selling mine, I have a 94 GXE, also charcoal gray, thinking about selling it too. A friend of mine just bought a *mint* White 97 SE, $12.5K, every single factory option including gourgeous heated black leather seats. I'm thinking about (depending on my budget), either a 97-99 SE or a 2001 Accord.
Old 10-01-2000, 04:16 PM

I am selling mine for $4950.

I listed it on autotrader, my website, and the board and got a few people interested, but only 1 came out to look at it and I haven't heard from them yet.

I will probably end up putting a for sale sign in it here and seeing what happens, but I haven't had a good response because it is only for sale online!

[Edited by Nick on 10-01-2000 at 06:48 PM]