General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Has anybody use the ding king before?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:45 PM

Has anybody use the ding king before?

was wondering if anybody tried it and worked....i have a dent and was looking to fix it myself instead of taking to the body shop...any feedback would be appreciated...also is there any place that sells them in store? i saw them a little while back at wal-mart but they don't sell it anymore...
Old 05-05-2004, 11:00 PM

Target does sell those, I'm kind of skeptical about those gimmick. I probably think they might work only if you have a minor ding but a dent bigger than a quarter probably won't work.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:26 AM

Exactly what they are... a gimmick. Check out eBay, I bought a slide-hammer dent puller, I think it goes by the name of "paintless dent repair". It comes with a 2.5 lb slide hammer, glue gun, glue stick, and a variety of "feet" that you hot glue to the dent, wait for it to cool a bit, then screw the hammer to the foot and pop the dent out. It will work on large dents so long as its not creased. I pulled a decent sized dent out of my Max when some d!ckhead hit and ran me in a parking lot.... The trick is to start on the outside of the dent and slowly work your way to the middle. good luck bro...
Old 05-06-2004, 12:42 PM

paintless dent repair 75bux to have it done by a professional... www.dentwizard.com
Old 05-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I bought one off the tv. These things don't do what they are suppose to do. If the dings are too small or too large this thing will not do it's job. I wouldn't recommend getting this gimmick.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Stillnmax
paintless dent repair 75bux to have it done by a professional... www.dentwizard.com
I paid fitty bucks for a couple of small door dings to be removed. Just like new.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:49 AM
Blown

I got one a few months ago to use on my 87 and I would not recomend this product to anyone! I still have residue on my car from where I could not get all of the glue off. On top of that I have a spot on my hood about the size of a quarter where the ding king pulled the paint off my car!! Yes, it will pull some dents out as long as there is not a crease....but is that worth it. IMO, its not.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:55 AM
acj

Actually, I was pretty much satisfied with the “Ding King”. It was someones idea of a “cheap” gift to my dad for x-mas. After it sitting in the cabinet for a few months and I got the max I decided to give it a try.

I had a small dent (about 2” in diameter) on the driver side rear-fender—just in the crease. I used it a few times on that dent and it worked pretty good…the dent is barely noticeable now. I had another dent just a few inches away from that one on a smooth surface and it is completely gone.

I was a little scared in using this thing because I was worried it would leave some glue on the car. But the glue came right off with no problems. Then I was worried about it actually “pulling” the car and maybe chipping paint or causing another dent, but this didn’t happen either.

I’m not saying go out and buy this thing, but if you have access to one try it. As long as the dent isn’t too big or too small it may work. I'm not sure if I'll use it again though...with a few people having problems with it "chipping" their paint, I think I would rather have a dent!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:22 PM

Used it yesterday, works pretty well, you just have to pop it several times to make it unnoticable. But for the money, I recommend going to a pro.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NachoNYC
Used it yesterday, works pretty well, you just have to pop it several times to make it unnoticable. But for the money, I recommend going to a pro.
Yeah I was gonna say. There was a thread awhile back about this. Everyone who only tried it once said it didnt work but the people who got it to work said you have to reapply it several times for it to work.