General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maximas At Nopi

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 02:23 PM

How many of you guys are going to put your car in the Nopi Nationals in September? I know it is a ways away but Maybe all the guys with Maximas could show those Civis what's up at Nopi this year. We could all take one side of that place if we got enough to enter the Show it is like 45 to enter and like 50 for a two day ticket.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:31 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I'll probably go just for the heck of it. Never been to Nopi and this seems like a good year to go.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:54 PM
Master Will

I went last year and will be back this year...
Maximas representing MAC aka Ming is beside me here

Old 03-26-2001, 03:14 PM

y

I just thought I would post this early so we could get a big turnout for NOPI. I saw a few Maximas at the 2000 NOPI, but not nearly enough. I would just love to see everyone on this board there this year I doubt it will happen though but it would be cool
Old 03-26-2001, 06:19 PM
MAC

Well, I would say a safe bet that Shadow and I will be there since we're from ATL. Unless I win the lottery between now and then, then I will be showing my Bentley with bags! haha

I know Tony/1max2nv will be coming down.

Jeremy/Maxstillin I'm sure will come down again fron NJ in search of another trophy.

I heard Steve from Philly is back in the game!

Also John from NY w/ the white SC'ed max might show. He came in 99, but no show in 2000.

It's going to be a touch class this year! geeze!!
Old 03-26-2001, 09:43 PM

NOPI

That sounds good so around August or so we should figure out a place for all of us MAXIMA owners to meet so we could all pull in to the show together, hopefully everyone that we find will be willing to enter the show so everyone register early and let's plan this out really well. We could make a great showing for Maximas in general if wee get a good turnout and we all get a spot set up for us inside the Speedway. I just think that if there were a bunch of Maximas all in one spot at the show would be an eye catcher (sp?). an we would probably be recodnized by alot of companies that might start making some things that we can't get if they see that there are a bunch of guys willing to mod their cars.
Old 03-26-2001, 10:12 PM

Re: NOPI

That's a good idea, but you would need to show the companies that you're really organized and willing to buy things as a group. When the prelude guys did this 2 years ago, they had a tent, about 20 cars, and a couple of really nice show cars. Plus lots of banners showing who they were. You will need this level of commitment to make any sort of difference. Cars park together anyways, NOPI forces you to, maximas park in the same area as Maximas, legends park w/ legends, etc. You have to differentiate yourself from this to get recognized. The prelude guys ended up winning best club because they were so organized. A lot of the major Honda tuners also noticed them and talked to them a lot. Here's the thing though, a bunch of near stock maximas parked together isn't going to do anything. You need cars with significant mods to show that there's a market for modified maximas. Telling a company that you're willing to buy their product if they produce it isn't enough. You have to show that you've already put a lot of time, money, and effort into your car to make them think that you're willing to buy their product. You need the quantity, but you also need quality cars.

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
That sounds good so around August or so we should figure out a place for all of us MAXIMA owners to meet so we could all pull in to the show together, hopefully everyone that we find will be willing to enter the show so everyone register early and let's plan this out really well. We could make a great showing for Maximas in general if wee get a good turnout and we all get a spot set up for us inside the Speedway. I just think that if there were a bunch of Maximas all in one spot at the show would be an eye catcher (sp?). an we would probably be recodnized by alot of companies that might start making some things that we can't get if they see that there are a bunch of guys willing to mod their cars.
Old 03-27-2001, 04:10 AM
Master Will

Re: Re: NOPI

Originally posted by Shadow
That's a good idea, but you would need to show the companies that you're really organized and willing to buy things as a group. When the prelude guys did this 2 years ago, they had a tent, about 20 cars, and a couple of really nice show cars. Plus lots of banners showing who they were. You will need this level of commitment to make any sort of difference. Cars park together anyways, NOPI forces you to, maximas park in the same area as Maximas, legends park w/ legends, etc. You have to differentiate yourself from this to get recognized. The prelude guys ended up winning best club because they were so organized. A lot of the major Honda tuners also noticed them and talked to them a lot. Here's the thing though, a bunch of near stock maximas parked together isn't going to do anything. You need cars with significant mods to show that there's a market for modified maximas. Telling a company that you're willing to buy their product if they produce it isn't enough. You have to show that you've already put a lot of time, money, and effort into your car to make them think that you're willing to buy their product. You need the quantity, but you also need quality cars.

"a bunch of near stock maximas parked together isn't going to do anything. You need cars with significant mods to show that there's a market for modified maximas."

"You have to show that you've already put a lot of time, money, and effort into your car to make them think that you're willing to buy their product. You need the quantity, but you also need quality cars."

I might as well stay home then...everyone does not have the time and money to have a totally hooked up Maxima just being at the show is enough for me.......mt "stock" Maxima is not enough for you guys....I will park in the "plain" section..body kits around here where I live on these dirt roads any dirt anywhere in Atlanta?????
Old 03-27-2001, 11:27 AM

Re: Re: Re: NOPI

I'm not trying to insult anybody here. I'm just giving him tips on what needs to be done if he expects manufacturers to care, no one said anything about not being good enough. But simple fact is, if none of the maximas are modified, manufacturers will not care. I realize that not everyone has the time or money to modify their cars, but that's the problem. If you don't have the time or money to modify your car, you wouldn't buy the part the manufacturer is offering, so they have no interest in you. It's that simple. I never said that you had to have a super car to park w/ the maximas if they decide to get a big showing, I was just telling him that it takes a lot to get people to notice you. There are over 5000 cars entered at NOPI, 20 maximas parked together barely makes a dent.

BTW, no dirt roads in Atlanta, but there are potholes. Lots, and lots of potholes. That's one of the sacrifices you have to make. I've cracked my lip spoiler already, Ming has busted his up like 3-4 times now. Just one of those things you have to kind of deal with, it sucks, but oh well.

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

"a bunch of near stock maximas parked together isn't going to do anything. You need cars with significant mods to show that there's a market for modified maximas."

"You have to show that you've already put a lot of time, money, and effort into your car to make them think that you're willing to buy their product. You need the quantity, but you also need quality cars."

I might as well stay home then...everyone does not have the time and money to have a totally hooked up Maxima just being at the show is enough for me.......mt "stock" Maxima is not enough for you guys....I will park in the "plain" section..body kits around here where I live on these dirt roads any dirt anywhere in Atlanta?????
Old 03-27-2001, 12:40 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

If we can get everyone to go down to Nopi this year, we might catch some eyes. Sleeper, Steve, John , Richard and Jeremy. Season just started, so we will see how things are with everyone. When you have heavily modified maxima, stuff breaks. Not all these cars are all running at once =)
Old 03-29-2001, 09:13 PM
Banned

ill go this year.....

i have been wanting to go for a while now...i should have my body kit by then too
Old 03-30-2001, 09:31 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

hey dont forget about me!!!!

i was there in 99(didnt show) and 2000. i will defitnetly be there this year. maxima wise we should try to park togehter. that will look cool. i dont know about rolling up together that will be very hard cause nopi nats is big.