General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

C'mon Booker! We want more!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2000, 06:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not too proud to say that comparing the unique and quirky aliases used on this BBS to the bad guys in the **** Tracy world was nothing short of genius. I'm still waiting for 'Big Boy' or 'Prune Face' to show up as a thread starter.

The episodes involving the original Star Trek crew and Hulk Hogan were a thrill in both their originality and outright funniness...is that a word?

IMO, you should drive your Maxima right over to Hollywood and begin your career as a stand-up comic or at least as the writer for one of the few sit-coms that are still worth watching these days.

But if not, then you should at least give us more of 'As The BBS Turns'!

Jim
Old 09-25-2000, 12:24 PM

Unfortunately, easier said than done.

Yeh, it was fun - but alas all good things must come to an end. Life has simply become too complicated for anything even close to the weekly's that I used to do. Not to mention the new level of complexity that this board has taken on. You may recall the plan for the series after "The Return of Andi" (see below if not). With the number of members now, its just not possible. I used to be able to sit and bang out the weekly episodes in an hour or so. The last two stories (The HID Kid & The Vacation, aka:Woodear Look-a-like Contest) took the same 60-90 minutes, only over the course of about 2 weeks. I'm just too swamped....and have another baby coming in 90 days.

So, sorry fella, I know it was fun - but aside from the occassional random post, it ain't gonna happen. So bask in your iced-tea induced drunken stupor, & glory in victories past, the series that was AStBBST is dead. . Besides, after a year & a half of torture, bumps, bruises, broken bones, being shot in the @$$, skydiving mishaps, etc. - how much pain can you guys take?

: (

[final post of the AStBBST series, posted at the end of "The Return of Andi"]

THE PAST
In the event that you are an incredibly new newbie, or, you’ve been living beneath a stone: various members of this BBS are divided into two warring camps in As the BBS Turns (an on-going soap opera here). Early in the life of this soap opera, the Jambytes kidnapped Andi – one time leader of the MaximaMafia. The two groups then warred in a best of five test of wits, fitness & bravdo, known as The Manly Games. The winner to get control of Andi. The MaximaMafia did eventually win The Manly Games (with much cheating and foul play) and won Andi’s freedom two weeks ago.

THE PRESENT
It turns out, that the Jambytes have a member with heretofore unknown abilities. EricL, is a psychology major and has spent years studying the mind control techniques of the Orient. He’s channeled all his skills and acquired knowledge & ability into brain-washing Andi. While in Jambyte captivity, Andi has been subjected to Chinese water torture, sleep depravation, and an assortment of other unpleasantries designed to break down his mental resolve.

EricL has confided to me that Andi was the toughest he’s ever seen. That it took twice as long to break him as a “normal” human being, but in the end, Andi couldn’t hold out forever. He was broken down and converted, just like Patty Hearst. He’s now a 100% loyal Jambyte. And, EricL did such a good job that he not only converted Andi, he actually convinced him to be the trigger man in the biggest double cross in Maxima.org history. The total destruction of his former colleagues cars.

THE FUTURE
If you’re curious, here’s were all of this is going. With The Manly Games series behind us, and now that Andi has turned on the MaximaMafia, the next series is going to be “Andi on the Run”.

Needless to say, the MaximaMafia is thoroughly agitated with their cars being destroyed. The Mafia takes a vow of revenge against Andi, a vow to hunt him down for all the days of their lives & bring him to justice!

Andi is forced under ground. He lives by moving from city to city & hiding out with various members of the Jambytes – until the Mafia catches up with him and he’s forced back out onto the road. This will do several things: a) make it easy for me to include and all members of the BBS that want to be written into the stories at one point or another b) make for some thrilling narrow escapes and of course c) result in some viscous beat downs!

So, if you get an email one day asking about where you live, some local references or landmarks, and who (if anyone) from the BBS also lives in your city – beware. Because Andi may be on his way – or – you may be on your way there in pursuit of him. One way or another, little Skippy, I hope you’re a quick healer, because the forecast calls for pain.

Old 09-25-2000, 08:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Alrighty then....

...but if you do manage to crank one out, even if only 1 per quarter, this BBS will be that much better a place.

Jim
Old 09-25-2000, 10:38 PM

out of the sahdows appears a man who seems to have lost his way in the life of the maxima but has found his way back like a lost puppy dog
who could this mysterious man be?
the pope?
superman?

no my children a long lost member of the maximafia here to save their poor souls from the firey pit known as the jambytes basement

hi kids. im back
Old 09-26-2000, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Bryan H

hi kids. im back
Heh, howz it going killa?

Old 09-26-2000, 09:41 AM

Good grief,....BryanH??

Originally posted by Bryan H
out of the sahdows appears a man who seems to have lost his way in the life of the maxima but has found his way back like a lost puppy dog
who could this mysterious man be?
the pope?
superman?

no my children a long lost member of the maximafia here to save their poor souls from the firey pit known as the jambytes basement

hi kids. im back

Winner of The Dwarf Toss, waaaay back in the summer of 1999? Could it be, is it...?....NAH, couldn't be.

Old 09-26-2000, 01:30 PM

yes the master of the almighty dwarf tossing is back in da flesh. well in a sense i am.
vacationing at a local psycho ward is not adived, they do funny things to your shoes, but i got the penthouse rubber room. even had a rubber toilet
it ruled

so im a bit loonier now. sue me, what can ya expect i went from a v6 to a 4 banger and got faster. scary isn't it. gives me the chills.

:::::::tosses a dwarf across the room::::::: yep still have the magic touch
Old 09-26-2000, 01:39 PM

hey i like my blue bottle
kinda cute sittin back there with its little blue blankey and all

i'll run ya with out the bottle
hows that for fair,
you have a bigger engine. i just rev to 8300 rpms. freaky 4 banger. does funny stuff at 6k rpms
gets loud and stuff
i think its pissed off at me again

im begining to hate toyota