General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Woo hoo! Its gone!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:11 PM

Woo hoo! Its gone!

I havent posted here in ages, just sayin hi......... for those who knew me, the car is finally gone. Woo hoo! For those who dont know me, I bought the car used in 2000, drove it for 2.5 years or so and had nothin but bad luck with it. I went thru countless transmissions and other issues. So I returned the car to the parents a while ago, my dad drove it as a beater to work, but he complained that the gas mileage was aweful (which it was), that and he was not that great at driving stick. He'd burn out going up the driveway sometimes, it was funny to watch. And my mom cant drive stick at all so it was an aweful back up car.

Soooo.... they called me bright and early and woke my **** up saturday mornin, told me to come to the honda dealer and bring the title cause they're loosin the car. They traded it in for a new civic EX sedan. Well, that car probably doesnt have the power to break itself, but its got VTEC O yea, what was the Max worth? $5000 trade in value. It KBB'd for $4400. No we were not going to sell it outright cause if it broke down on the next buyer they'd be out for blood. Not to mention I think every side had something wrong with it (including roof). What lousy resale!

Anyway I drove the new car, it feels like a go-kart, but I suppose it gets great MPG. my parents are such boring people though, my dad was more excited about its 31 MPG city and ability to use 87 octane

So the max is gone, you wont hear me complaining about it anymore haha.

Up on ebay soon is some leftover OEM oil filters and the FSM for a 97.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:49 PM

glad you finally got rid of the lemon. Bet the new owners are gonna have fun with the lemonmax! lol
Old 07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Administrator

how is the F4i?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:24 PM
VIP Maxima

nismo r u sitting on benz rims??

Old 07-20-2004, 11:37 PM

nope, they shure do look like them though huh
Old 07-20-2004, 11:42 PM
VIP Maxima

looks just like AMG CLK rims !! no offense but i was very sure that they wouldnt fit, any up close pics?

Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 PM

click my cardomain, just PM for questions, I dont want to hijack eric's thread
Old 07-21-2004, 07:12 AM

F4i still runs somehow, getting up in miles, gonna need a valve job, tire, air filter and chain soon. I almost T'boned a SUV who made an illegal U turn the other day. Expensive depreciating vehicles....
Old 07-21-2004, 07:20 AM
I'm so hood

Holy crap, they traded that thing in for $5k? wow...it's a good thing they weren't careful on the inspection, I hear shreds of pillow casings in the drivetrain can take off a couple hundred bucks

It's nice to see the fam is finally ridden of the cancerous max, as it were....even if it is for a Civic.

Still rolling (in) the vette?
Old 07-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ericdwong
F4i still runs somehow, getting up in miles, gonna need a valve job, tire, air filter and chain soon. I almost T'boned a SUV who made an illegal U turn the other day. Expensive depreciating vehicles....
i am up to 10,000 miles now.. i just got some new Metzler Sportec M1 tires, K&N Filter and my chain seems fine.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:39 AM

Yea still have the C5. Its been surprisingly reliable for a domestic....

Didnt know sprint got a f4i....Im up to 13,xxx or so I should hit 14 by the end of the season. Metzlers are awesome, but I have had trouble with nails. I had to replace one cause I slimed the tire enough to get it to a shop and Dunlop is all they had. PS if you get a flat dont slime it or it cant be patched and I hear slime eats thru the aluminum wheel eventually.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:45 PM

eric

thanks for the 2 side tips on tire slime. My son is always trying to get me to put some of that stuff in my tires but I've resited due to concerns with balance as I enjoy driving at brisk speeds. But I didn't realize that it would eat away at aluminum wheels.

BTW do you find that it is difficult to drive the C5 at 80 90 mph due to the car somehow being visible to any cop within a 50 mile radius?

I've always considered my black max to be a bit of a Q-ship as no onw really notices when I'm driving er briskly LOL.

Mr. P
Old 07-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Didnt know sprint got a f4i....Im up to 13,xxx or so I should hit 14 by the end of the season. Metzlers are awesome, but I have had trouble with nails. I had to replace one cause I slimed the tire enough to get it to a shop and Dunlop is all they had. PS if you get a flat dont slime it or it cant be patched and I hear slime eats thru the aluminum wheel eventually.
Nah...he has a Gixxer, if I recall correctly. I run with Metz 4's and love em...M1's dont last long enough for my driving style. Although rumor has it that the new Metz 6's will have traction of the 4's and even HIGHER mileage...we will see. I have near 30K on my bike...bought brand new...all my miles

And if I were you I would NEVER EVER "patch" a motorcycle tire. You are playing with fire there man. Just replace the tire and be done with it. But to each their own.

Dunlop = Dunslop...Worst, skiddish, twitchy tires I have ever ridden on....I had practically 1" chicken strips with my Dunslops....with my Metz's....No stripes...
Old 07-21-2004, 02:22 PM

Peabody- I have no trouble speeding with the c5... my color is "pewter" (like a dirty silver, seen alot of GM trucks) and I disabled the damn daytime running lamps so it maintains a much lower profile.

As for patching a bike tire- I've had it done before and I know it is risky- however I do not race and I rarely do high speeds on it (amazing, right?) and I always wear my gear and check the tires and pressure before each ride. I'm too poor to keep buying new tires haha
Old 07-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Yea still have the C5. Its been surprisingly reliable for a domestic....

nah i have a 02 gixxer 600... see sig..
Old 07-21-2004, 05:24 PM

wha da gwan star ?