General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Has anyone successfully removed swirls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 12:24 PM

im sure theres some old threads about how to get rid of it, but has anyone actually figured out a way to get rid of all of the swirls? my car is black and when i bought it, they threw in the swirl marks at no additional charge lol.... i still havent got them out ive tried a few products that say they take them out.. so has anyone got rid of swirl marks?
Old 04-03-2001, 02:41 PM

Nope. I just keep polishing and waxing.
Old 04-03-2001, 02:56 PM

professional detail...

i remember reading from other threads and posts that the some people got ALL swirls removed when they got it detailed, the $100 or "real" detail job. i've seen the differences and there is a huge difference. ie. my sister used to have a black integra full of swirl marks. before she sold it, she got it detailed to look all pretty and everything and when it came back, the car was so perfect, she didnt want to sell it any more. the paint was really glossy and when you touched it, all the wax made your hands slip off. i could be stretching it a little but there certainly was a difference. only thing is, the shop where she got hers detailed at is going to be different from all other shops. one thing to think about.

Originally posted by JoesMAX
im sure theres some old threads about how to get rid of it, but has anyone actually figured out a way to get rid of all of the swirls? my car is black and when i bought it, they threw in the swirl marks at no additional charge lol.... i still havent got them out ive tried a few products that say they take them out.. so has anyone got rid of swirl marks?
Old 04-03-2001, 03:18 PM

i dont mind forking up the $100, but they probably tell you they cant guarantee that it will take out the swirls if theyre deep... i gotta look into it.. thanks for the info though
Old 04-04-2001, 12:54 AM

Take it back to the dealer...

My car came bran new with the swirls too... all over my hood. I was like wtf. So I took it back to the dealer and complained. They'll take a buffer to it and polish it all off. Why should you have to shell out money to get rid of swirls that came with the car? They did it for me for free no probs. Then I crashed it a while later and ended up buying a new hood anyways. Good thing or else I would have been pissed =D.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:20 AM

no i didnt get it at the dealer, i got it at a dealers auction.. i got it used.. so the owner before me had it detailed and the detailer must have not known what he was doing... oh well by the summer i want to get the swirls removed because the sun brings them out more and so does washing the car and i plan on keeping my car clean over the summer.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:23 AM

I took mine to a detailer and got more swrils marks! n/m

Originally posted by JoesMAX
no i didnt get it at the dealer, i got it at a dealers auction.. i got it used.. so the owner before me had it detailed and the detailer must have not known what he was doing... oh well by the summer i want to get the swirls removed because the sun brings them out more and so does washing the car and i plan on keeping my car clean over the summer.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:52 AM

Re: I took mine to a detailer and got more swrils marks! n/m

Originally posted by Carlos A
Anytime a machine is used that makes a CIRCULAR motion on the car, you will get the swirl marks. The best way to get rid of them is to not get them in the first place!! You need to be very careful how you wash and wax, and if you take it to a car wash or let someone else touch it, you will not get the job done right!