General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

OOPS.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2000, 08:55 PM

I was on the interstate tonight (I4 for those of you that are in tampa) When a 2000 V6 Mustang does a ricer fly by on me...So im down for some fun, I let him know i wanna play and I end up like 3 car links ahead of him and can see that hes trying to catch up ( i was at about 115) then all of a sudden, i look in the rear view and see him pulled over in the emergency lane and some smoke coming out......That is so pitiful for a brand new car! Just another reason I hate Fords
Old 09-25-2000, 09:00 PM

GOOD JOB! That's why I don't buy any domestic cars.
Old 09-25-2000, 09:20 PM

Hahaha I was brought up right... I dont Think anyone in my family has ever even owned an american car
Old 09-26-2000, 01:00 AM

uh ohh.. it's good to have an import. japanese import. i dont' trust bmw's either. nor porshe or ferrari.
Old 09-26-2000, 09:48 AM

Yea, domestic is crap....

I thought import would be good so I bought a max. It's been in the shop for a week now for the check engine light, noone can figure out what it is. Now they think it's the ECU. So far -$750 and counting. Oh, and my $17,000 V6 Mustang is doing fine, thank you.
Old 09-26-2000, 10:09 AM

Maybe you need to take it to a different shop. If they dont know whats wrong with it, why let it sit there and charge you more $$$.
Old 09-26-2000, 12:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Don't trust porsche?

I thought someone took a porsche 911 turbo that was basically stock and won a 24hr rally event? Isn't porsche the company that says you can drive the car as hard as you can for the entire duration of a gas tank and the car will thank you for it? Porsche is supposedly the dream car of people that like to just go out and tear the sh** out of their cars. Now, if you forget to do basic maintenience, like oil changes, it will prolly be a POS...
Old 09-26-2000, 01:58 PM

Taking to a different shop.....

Well, it's at the dealer. Courtesy Nissan in fact. I'm not knocking them because they're doing everything they can to fix it. They even have a call into Nissan USA's tech line and they don't know what it is either at the moment.
Old 09-26-2000, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Max Speed
I was on the interstate tonight (I4 for those of you that are in tampa) When a 2000 V6 Mustang does a ricer fly by on me...So im down for some fun, I let him know i wanna play and I end up like 3 car links ahead of him and can see that hes trying to catch up ( i was at about 115) then all of a sudden, i look in the rear view and see him pulled over in the emergency lane and some smoke coming out......That is so pitiful for a brand new car! Just another reason I hate Fords

Another, literal, Found On Road Dead story!
You're right, that is pathetic.

Old 09-26-2000, 02:45 PM

Yea yea Booker....

You shouldn't be dissin Ford. We don't want to start another arguement....do we. Oh, and what did you do to the other 1/2 of the child mentioned in your sig? ;-)
Old 09-26-2000, 02:51 PM
MAXDriver

Originally posted by Max Speed

That Mustang rolled out of the assembly line on a Friday afternoon. :-)

Old 09-26-2000, 07:55 PM

not for nothing you guys but domestics are #1 as far as suv's look at the escalade,denali,suburban,navi,etc............vette s are some kick *** muscle cars...and they are domestic.....but to be perfectly honest i love the max
Old 09-26-2000, 08:33 PM
is invisible

...I did it again...

C'mon, someone had to do it!
Old 09-26-2000, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by platinumplus
not for nothing you guys but domestics are #1 as far as suv's look at the escalade,denali,suburban,navi,etc............vette s are some kick *** muscle cars...and they are domestic.....but to be perfectly honest i love the max
Ya, when it comes to SUV's domestics are #1. But thats SUV's...when it comes to Mid size cars etc...Imports are #1 (and thats all that matters )

In my opinion, I HATE corvettes, I think it might be because of who is USUALLY driving them. Theres always some Old man with a BIG gold chain who rolls down his window when he pulls up next to me at a light. Like I am gonna talk to him just cause HE thinks his car is bad...uuuggghhh