General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Energy Suspension Polyurethane Control Arm bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 07:41 PM

I was looking at Suspension.com and Energy Suspension offers Polyurethane control arm and front sway bar bushings. I'll probably get these soon, but I need to know more about the control arm bushings. On my old camry, the sway bar went into the control arm, instead of ontop.

My next project is to polyurethane as much as I can, such as the front sway bar bushings, the control arm bushings, and maybe the motor mounts, but they're expensive. I also read somewhere that somebody used the addco bar links on the front sway bar. Can this person provide more info?

In addition, do the control arm bushings need to be pressed out?

Anybody here have alotta poly? Specifically the control arm bushings?
Old 04-08-2001, 07:50 PM

My Maxima is sponsored by Energy Suspensions. The front sway bar sits above the controll arm. I have already replaced the factory rubber bushings (which were trashed and falling out) with the poly and will soon replace the controll arm bushing. I would have done them all at once but you need to remove the entire arm and press out the old and press in the new bushings and I just didn't have the time that day. Any other questions email me, however it seems that hotmail is down so give me sometime to respond.
1995 GXE 1st Place NOPI Nationals 2000
Skyline conversion .......its coming.....
Old 04-10-2001, 03:29 PM

I ordered front sway bar bushings and front control arm bushings from suspension.com. The end links don't come with the sway bar set, just the center ones.

As for the front control arm units, one of the bushings is awfully large. A rubber bushing that size MUST have quite a bit of deflection under load. The one must be between 2"-3" in diameter.

I haven't installed them yet, but am anxious to. I'm anxious to see if they need to be completely removed, or if a portable "C" press will do the job by just taking the inside loose.

Good Luck!