General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

carlisle show

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 08:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i called them, here is some info. the show is from friday 7am to sunday 4pm. your admission is good for the whole weekend. the awards will be given out sunday afternoon about 1pm. the car give away prize will be sunday at 4pm. free car! camping is available there, extra money 20$ i think. as far as a tent goes, it is mainly for people to sit under and maybe bbq, out of rain, etc., we can still get a tent, even if 20 people don't register online by april 13th. i would have to send a check for 145$, and if 20 people register under maxima.org by the sunday of the event, i will get my check back. but if not we can split the price,(10 people can pay 14.50 each, for example) also every car entered will be judged and available for a prize(trophy or whatever), the club prizes will be for the MOST people in a club that enter. the club prizes are on top of any individual prizes. also the grounds will be divided into 3 sections, and the people that are in a section are the judges of the cars in that section, they determine who wins trophies. also we can bring power generators if anyone has one, so you won't have to kill your battery in the car, for music, etc. these are just some thoughts, if you guys want to take this any further let me know, i will try and get the tent part organized, if i can have some support for money if 20 people don't show up. or else we can volenteer chris to do it! ha ha, you da man. ALSO EVERYONE THAT ENTERS THIS SHOW HAS TO ENTER AS MAXIMA.ORG CLUB MEMBER. THIS WAY THAY CAN KEEP TRACK HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE ENTERED AS A CLUB, SO THEY CAN TALLY THE AMOUNTS FOR PRIZES. DON'T FORGET. EVEN IF YOU=R CAR ISN'T READY TO SHOW, YOU CAN STILL CLEAN IT AND ENTER IT, AND WE COULD STILL WIN A CLUB PRIZE FOR THE MOST MEMBERS IN A CLUB THAT ATTENDS. IM OUT.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:01 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Just finished the registration->

so you can count me in. 1 down and 19 to go. What time should we get there on Friday? I rather get there on Saturday morning. I don't believe the judging will start until 2:00pm on Saturday, so no point wasting an extra night at the local hotel for Friday night.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:33 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I got my friend to pre-register under maxima.org

He has a Civic Si, but I think we need all the help we can get. If any of your friends are caraven up with you, might as will put them in the tent with the rest of the Maximas. I think getting 20 cars this way will be easier.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:17 AM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking this would be a lot of fun, but I don't know if I want to spend a fortune on showing my maxima for one weekend... for those who know a lot about this event, please break down all the costs associated with going to this thing i.e. enter car, hotel (I don't have a tent and need to do this cheap if possible), and whatever else... how much should I expect to spend? I'd be happy to show my car (I've got a decent amount of mods and a really cool interior so I may even win something if they don't count all the scratches on my paint)

what do you guys think? I have the time and will show if I can afford it..

Aaron

Old 04-12-2001, 12:29 PM

ok, I can pay the admission and food e.t.c. but the expesive part is going to be staying down there if I can't sleep in my car. Anybody want to split a motel or got an extra tent or something... I'll go in a second if I can find a way to make this a little cheaper. I just can't justify spending $80 (or whatever) for one night with maxus coming up also...
Old 04-12-2001, 06:01 PM

I won't mind registering if we can get more people. I'm only 10 mins from the place. I wish my house was bigger so I could accommodate(sp) all you guys, but I don't think my mom would like it I'll see how we are doing friday, when I come back from work. If it looks good, you can count me in under the maxima.org club