General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima SE-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 05:32 PM
tgonza1057

Since nissan is comming out with all these new designs wouldnt it be cool if there was a maxima se-r that looked kinda like a SKYLINE GTR look at the 2002 sentra se-r and how cool it looks compared to the regular sentra. Think about it maxima se-r rear wheel drive 300hp. Look out BMW M5's

Old 04-12-2001, 07:29 PM

I'd settle for...

....fully independant suspension and RWD. This front wheel drive is a joke for a performance sedan. I truly beleive that RWD and 280-310-ish BHP is the missing link in the japanese/domestic market. It would be the epitimy of a semi-luxury performance sedan. Quite frankly a car like this would take a huge bite out of base model 3 series BMWs and IS300s etc.. I seriously don't think a full size MAXIMA is the key. That ttren dhas been done to death in America. Take the first MAXIMA ever. Small, stylish, good power. AS the years go by, we see a bigger, fatter, over-grown MAXIMA. I hear that it will have the potential to take the place of a Q45 in 3 years. NOT GOOD. ALl you present MAXIMA owners will be buying ALTIMAs. Sorry to rant and rave, just don't like the growing movement to PIGIMAs, oops I meant MAXIMAs.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:34 PM

maxima se-r

i went to a auto car show in hawaii in which they showed the new concecpt cars for the future. well nissan had their 20th anervarsery maxima on display and i asked them if they are goin make one better than that.(now this guy is the head man for nissan down here.) he chuckled and said you must really love nissan.(i had a nissan racing t-shirt on.) well we are coming out with the maxima se-r by the time of 2003. it said to be just like the gt-r in japan making 325hp, rwd, new body style, and stock racing seats. he said dont get ur hopes up cause its still a concept. hope they make the car casue the maxima is the best in the luxary car performance against the camary,accord,and passat. peace brian
Old 04-12-2001, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by tgonza1057
..Think about it maxima se-r rear wheel drive 300hp. Look out BMW M5's
i don't think they will be shaky
Old 04-12-2001, 08:48 PM

Re: I'd settle for...

Originally posted by Mr. Rose
...I truly beleive that RWD and 280-310-ish BHP is the missing link in the japanese/domestic market.
Did anyone say GS400/430??
I think Toyota saw this years ago and has been doing a great job. Honda and Nissan has nothing in that dept, Toyota is the only Japanese maker can take some market share away from the German, with the GS series, now the IS300, especially with manual tranny coming.

Honda might be in it soon, supposely the new RL will be RWD with a 3.5L V8 engine which also powers the next gen NSX. Nissan? they have nothing.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:00 PM

i always preferred rwd better but i always liked imports better then domestic so they could combine the 2 it would be great. i know there excpetions like the supra is rwd but i want something that pratical and fast (that is why i own a maxima).
Old 04-14-2001, 12:40 PM

Re: Re: I'd settle for...

Originally posted by WoodEar

Did anyone say GS400/430??
I think Toyota saw this years ago and has been doing a great job. Honda and Nissan has nothing in that dept, Toyota is the only Japanese maker can take some market share away from the German, with the GS series, now the IS300, especially with manual tranny coming.

Honda might be in it soon, supposely the new RL will be RWD with a 3.5L V8 engine which also powers the next gen NSX. Nissan? they have nothing.
You hit it right on the NOSE.
Old 04-15-2001, 01:20 PM

i just wish they made the max RWD... it would be a lot easier to do engine tranfers like my bummy honda. with honda and acura you can practically change everything in that car and its still ****ty... if nissan and infinity designed our cars using the principle honda has u could imagine how sweet it would be to squeeze a 300Z Twin turbo engine in your Maxima... imagine a 4WD Maxima GTR with a Skyline engine transfer....
Old 04-16-2001, 10:19 AM

Re: I'd settle for...

Originally posted by Mr. Rose
Take the first MAXIMA ever. Small, stylish, good power.
Well, it wasn't all that small, but you've got the rest of it right. And since it was based on the L28-powered 280ZX, it was also rear-drive.
Now if we could just have that formula now. It's pretty much a sure bet now that that Max and new Z will both have the 3.5L version of the VQ, and probably have the new 6sp from the Sentra SE-R. Now if we could just get them both on the same rwd platform.