General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

S2000 tries to kill Maxima, no….literally

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 11:09 PM

A white S2000 tried to run me off the road today. He peels out, so I decide to give it a run at the next light and see what the s2000 can do, because I was sure that I would get toasted so it wasn't a race for me. Light turns green a few seconds after the turning lane, which a mini van used. The van is about…maybe 1/6th of a mile or less ahead 0f the s2000 when we launch. I got the better start.

Well, try as he may, this 16 year old looking kid ($#$#$% kids in expensive rides around here) was not blasting me as fast as he thought. He was only 3/4s of a car ahead when he came up to this van, and then thought he could show boat by cutting in front of me with a quarter of his car still next to mine!

I have to brake, flash, honk and yell at him! I follow him several blocks fuming! He tries to shake the max (I’m several car lengths behind after each turn no doubt) however he can’t get enough gain to shake me (2-5) cars max. I wanted to intimidate him at the least for trying to nearly kill me! I get next to him on a U turn, and he starts swerving his car towards me, I guess to get me to back off, then hauls down the opposite direction. I then decide I’m too steamed to pursue any further and continue on straight.

What pisses me off the most is that this person uses this some what nice machine disruptively and without care of himself or others. I wanted to share a few words if I could have caught up to his window, or if he didn’t try to wreck me again when I did on a turn where he stoped.

It’s a nice car, and pretty fast, however, I am confident with the CAI that are on backorder and a 50 shot of NOS is the recipe to change this scenario.

[Edited by TexMaximum on 09-28-2000 at 02:13 AM]
Old 09-27-2000, 11:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree...if you're racing and don't have enough room to pass, don't force your way into the other lane & into the other car. It's hella dangerous and stupid. If somehow you get stuck behind some slowa$$ vehicle & can't pass, bite the bullet, let the other dude pass and then catch up. If you're the better driver, you'll eventually catch up again. =) Racing may be fun but I no one wants to lose their life over several minutes of adrenaline.
Old 09-28-2000, 05:38 AM

Yeah, with the NOS and CAI...

You'd definitely have a chance at taking that dude out. Even if you were stock, you still have a torque advantage of over 50lb-ft. And you've already got some mods, so keep us updated on your plot for revenge.hehe
Old 09-28-2000, 08:16 AM

S2000 is more of a road course car than a stop light drag car, it only runs low 14's if you dump the clutch at 8000rpm, not that fast. However once you guys got going, he should pull away easily *IF* he was staying above his power band 6500rpm.
Old 09-28-2000, 09:12 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yeah, while that does suck

you have to accept the consequences of running with somebody you dont know. what happened is much better than being forced in oncoming traffic. or being shot when you caught up with him.

As tempted as I am to see what my max will do against some other cars, even when the road permits, I just dont like getting the attention of freaks. Much less pissing them off if you happen to smack down their pride and win.

If ever do anything like that, its usually in fun with someone I know totally away from traffic because vehiclular manslaugher charges would be bad®. Heck, even if that idiot had taken out the van, or someone else at the next light after you let off, you'd still have charges brought against you (if witnesses fingered you). I'm not on a soap box here. For me personally, I would feel stupid for running him in traffic. (no, I not trying to imply you were being stupid, taking about me here) and just be thankful my stupidity didnt hurt anyone. Sounds like that problem with the kid will correct itself, he'll either be dead, crippled, or doing time instead of finishing school..