General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Help

I have a 95 Maxima that I have replaced the O2 sensor, knock sensor, all coil packs, and the computer. Yet I still get codes 13 collant sensor, 34 knock sensor, and 98 engine collant sensor function. I am in need of suggestions.
Thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:00 PM

coolant sensors might be fried or thermostat is stuck open.
coolant sensor can trip knock sensor sometimes. Replace your thermostat, and replace your temperature sensors if that doesn't work.

why did you replace coil packs? O2 sensor? computer????
Old 11-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Replace the engine coolant temp sensor, clear the error codes and everything should be fine. The ECU needs to know what temperature your engine is running at in order to provide the correct a/f ratio. If your a/f is off because of the malfunctioning sensor you can run too lean or to rich which will cause excessive knock & ping thus setting off the KS code.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

first computer gave codes that don't exist
Old 11-07-2004, 04:53 PM

when my temp sensor went off my thermostat was stuck open... I would replace both
Old 11-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

JLFJ is my bro in law. This maxima has been tuned up very recently and these components have been replaced over a few months period. First started off with a KS code. Replace KS and still had the check engine light. Ran the codes again and then it gave codes that dont exist and was very inconsistent on giving codes. Car ran ok but would sometimes idle rough and sometimes stall.
V6 has over 150k on it so we replaced both O2 sensors. Car ran better but still had the light. Stalling became worse, checked the ohms on the coils and they were way out of spec. Changed coil packs and stalling went away but still had the light. Changed the computer with a good used one and now we have the three codes listed above.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The reason i dont think its the coolant temp sensor is because it has never thrown that code before when it was having issues.