General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Dead Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 06:25 AM

I was out running a quick errand and the car was running fine (and had been all day). I came out of the store, got in the car and tried to crank it. All I got was a quick half turn of the engine then silence. There after all I get are clicks, and the sound of the fuel pump but no turnover . The headlights wouldn't come on either. One of the store employees tried to give me a jump, but all that seemed to accomplish was to give me power for my headlights. The battery is fairly new, about 13 months old. The fusible links weren't blown.

Any ideas as to what's going on would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towords a short in the electrical system. Thanks,

TMAX
Old 04-16-2001, 07:35 AM

might be

Originally posted by tmax
I was out running a quick errand and the car was running fine (and had been all day). I came out of the store, got in the car and tried to crank it. All I got was a quick half turn of the engine then silence. There after all I get are clicks, and the sound of the fuel pump but no turnover . The headlights wouldn't come on either. One of the store employees tried to give me a jump, but all that seemed to accomplish was to give me power for my headlights. The battery is fairly new, about 13 months old. The fusible links weren't blown.

Any ideas as to what's going on would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towords a short in the electrical system. Thanks,

TMAX
Im not totaly sure but it could be your alternator.