General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone looking for wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 02:41 PM

Anyone looking for wheel spacers?

I've been getting a lot of requests for wheel spacers lately, so I might as well put it out there. A while back, we did some custom wheel spacers for Sadler's car Dixit's car. And in the interim, we've made them here and there on a custom basis for people. If you guys are interested, I can put them into production which would help pricing since we'd make them in batches instead of per order.

We can do them in any width, although some may have to be done on a custom basis if it's not a popular size. They're made from billet 6061 aluminum blanks. All the spacers are hubcentric. We are only limited in that we can only cut flat plates, we can't make the 25 mm or larger spacers that have the hubcentric rings built in.

The wheel studs we can provide, or we can sell just the spacers and you can source your own wheel studs. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll work out some pricing. Here's a pic of one of our prototypes.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by Shadow
I've been getting a lot of requests for wheel spacers lately, so I might as well put it out there. A while back, we did some custom wheel spacers for Sadler's car Dixit's car. And in the interim, we've made them here and there on a custom basis for people. If you guys are interested, I can put them into production which would help pricing since we'd make them in batches instead of per order.

We can do them in any width, although some may have to be done on a custom basis if it's not a popular size. They're made from billet 6061 aluminum blanks. All the spacers are hubcentric. We are only limited in that we can only cut flat plates, we can't make the 25 mm or larger spacers that have the hubcentric rings built in.

The wheel studs we can provide, or we can sell just the spacers and you can source your own wheel studs. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll work out some pricing. Here's a pic of one of our prototypes.

They are hubcentric even though they don't have the lip like the 15mm+ H&Rs? Just curious.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:21 PM

Well, they are actually based on my old H&R spacers. The big H&R spacers like the 25 mm ones are so thick that they extend past the hub and therefore require the extra hubcentric lip. Thinner spacers like these slide over the hub. It won't flop around like the generic auto parts store spacers, the spacers center on the hub.

Originally Posted by Mizeree_X
They are hubcentric even though they don't have the lip like the 15mm+ H&Rs? Just curious.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:24 PM

Well, they are actually based on my old H&R spacers. The big H&R spacers like the 25 mm ones are so thick that they extend past the hub and therefore require the extra hubcentric lip. Thinner spacers like these slide over the hub. It won't flop around like the generic auto parts store spacers, the spacers center on the hub.
How wide is the 4th gen hub? I have custom 1" spacers (12.5mm) on my car and the hub doesn't protrude past them.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd be interested in purchasing 10 MM spaces from you guys if you can provide the studs and some good installation instructions.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:35 PM

I'm not really sure, but 1" spacers are 25.4mm, you have 1/2" spacers if they're 12.5mm. The picture I have is of 1/2" spacers.

Originally Posted by Mizeree_X
How wide is the 4th gen hub? I have custom 1" spacers (12.5mm) on my car and the hub doesn't protrude past them.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:35 PM

intresting, would bolts be included?

~ shipped price were talking?
Old 11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

I'd be interested in a pair of 1/2 inch spacers and wheel studs.

What's with the 'star' pattern?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:47 PM

I'm not really sure, but 1" spacers are 25.4mm, you have 1/2" spacers if they're 12.5mm. The picture I have is of 1/2" spacers.
You are right 1/2" spacers, whoops.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I would be for set of two if the price was around $60 for 10mm spacers with studs
Old 11-10-2004, 08:28 PM

My designer just decided to do something different. Like I said, they're based on a set of H&R spacers, and he figured he'd lighten them up some and take some more material out. Star looked cool, that's all. Note that the center ring that goes around the hub is intact.

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
I'd be interested in a pair of 1/2 inch spacers and wheel studs.

What's with the 'star' pattern?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:55 PM
no more maxima...

I would be interested in 1/2 inch spacers with studs too.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:36 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

My designer just decided to do something different. Like I said, they're based on a set of H&R spacers, and he figured he'd lighten them up some and take some more material out. Star looked cool, that's all. Note that the center ring that goes around the hub is intact.
Thanks for the info. I noticed that the center of the star was curved to allow it to be hubcentric. I was just wondering of that pattern compromised the strength of the spacer near the edge.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by kingrukus
I would be interested in 1/2 inch spacers with studs too.
Me too.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 AM

To be perfectly honest, I never looked at our 1/2" spacers installed on a Maxima. People asked for them, I told them what we could make, and they told me it would work. You'd have to ask Dixit about this, he ran his car for a while with the 1/2" spacers.

But if 10mm or larger needs the machined lip, I can get that done too. Just have to redesign a few things. I'm not going to sell something that's not correct. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to take a look at my wheels this weekend.

Originally Posted by TopElement
Even though the spacers center on the hub, I don't see how the wheels will center on the spacer. The lip on our hub will only stick out if you use a 5mm spacer. Anything wider will need the machined lip to center the wheel, and you can't have the studs supporting the car.
I may be interested in a set, but please explain how only 25mm or wider would need the machined lip.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:14 AM

To be perfectly honest, I never looked at our 1/2" spacers installed on a Maxima. People asked for them, I told them what we could make, and they told me it would work. You'd have to ask Dixit about this, he ran his car for a while with the 1/2" spacers.

But if 10mm or larger needs the machined lip, I can get that done too. Just have to redesign a few things. I'm not going to sell something that's not correct. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to take a look at my wheels this weekend.

The problem is that with spacers between 10-15mm, the hub (and more specifically, the axle nut) sticks through the hole and doesn't give you enough room to have the lip there. I had a set of 1/2" spacers made, and originally the lip was there, but then they wouldn't fit over the axle nut and so he had to machine the lip off when he enlarged the hole to get them to pass through the axle nut. With 15mm+, the width is large enough such that you don't have to worry about the axle nut protrusion.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Chassis Freak

I'd be very interested in a pair of 15mm spacers, provided they have a proper machined lip and no star pattern. I guess it looks "different" but I don't like it and I question the structural strength since this is only aluminum. Better hurry though—H&R Trak spacers are supposed to be back in stock this month.

Oh, and if you could make the spacers a custom diameter (I want them to sit exactly flush with the rear rotor flanges), I would definitely buy yours over H&Rs, which are about a half inch or so too small in diameter. I will have to measure the rotor flange diameter sometime soon.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:48 AM

I am interested. Need spacers so i can finally put my BBK on
Old 11-12-2004, 06:15 AM

I would probably be interested, however that's heavily dependent on price and not until at least next summer. As well, if they don't come in that star design.

LEMAR
Old 11-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Jedi Knight

I am also interested...how much would these run shipped?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anything wider will need the machined lip to center the wheel, and you can't have the studs supporting the car.
I may be interested in a set, but please explain how only 25mm or wider would need the machined lip.
Actually, the studs DO support the wheel/car. The hub is only for better centering so that you reduce the possibility of high speed vibrations, and isn't a safety issue. That's why hub rings are commonly only plastic, and why no one running Mustang wheels has had their wheels fall off.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:53 AM
teddibear703

Even though the spacers center on the hub, I don't see how the wheels will center on the spacer. The lip on our hub will only stick out if you use a 5mm spacer. Anything wider will need the machined lip to center the wheel, and you can't have the studs supporting the car.
I agree with andy, if your gonna get spacers, make sure its HUBCENTRIC and WHEEL CENTRIC.... its important that you do both because if you dont, you can damage your studs and risk an accident...

To make it wheel centric, just find out what the center bore is for your wheels and machine the spacer with a lip to fit that bore...this way the car's weight will be on the spacer and nut the studs....

i've seen some bad accidents when the spacer was only hubcentric.. all the pressure on the studs and with enough force, it cracks the stud and soon you'll find your wheel falling off....
Old 11-12-2004, 05:20 PM

shadow, i need a set of 20mm spacers for a volco 240, it has a 5X108 bolt pattern. please email me at birusaha@gmail.com!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by VQuick
Better hurry though—H&R Trak spacers are supposed to be back in stock this month.
It's about time H&R gets more. Who told you they would be in this month. For the 3rd time I was told another 4-6 weeks.

redmax2nv has Dixit's 1/2" spacers. I'll PM him and ask if he can post in this thread about fit and whatnot.

I would be interested in 1/2" and 3/4" spacers all with studs. I have to have these for my BBK.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:08 AM

i have dixit's spacers on my car, never had a prob with vibration the fitment is very tight
Old 11-13-2004, 07:26 PM

From what I've read I came to the conclusion that with .5" spacers or smaller the hub still extrudes past the spacer so for those with aftermarket wheels can still put our hubcentric rings on. Can anyone (redmax2nv) verify this?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by WildmanAL
From what I've read I came to the conclusion that with .5" spacers or smaller the hub still extrudes past the spacer so for those with aftermarket wheels can still put our hubcentric rings on. Can anyone (redmax2nv) verify this?

correct...............
Old 11-13-2004, 08:57 PM

I just did some re measureing and I can't go any bigger than 10mm and I'm just going to wait on 20mm H&Rs for the rear. Hopefully you can get a price really soon because I'm about to just buy another spacer and get it bored out to the correct size since I now know that I don't need a hubcentric ring on the spacer itself.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

I would like a pair that make the rear "stick out" as far as the fronts do. Im not sure on the size though. Id use them with the stock wheels.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Chassis Freak

Originally Posted by WildmanAL
It's about time H&R gets more. Who told you they would be in this month. For the 3rd time I was told another 4-6 weeks.
Well, Optauto.com said 11/15 but who knows if they will actually have them tomorrow. I'll e-mail them if they don't send me a shipment notification.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Chassis Freak

10-15mm spacers for the rear would do that, but it's very hard to make a spacer between 5 and 15mm because of hub issues. I'm getting spacers for the exact same reason. I'm going to get 15mm spacers and that should make the rear stick out slightly more (a few mms) than the front, which I think will look very good.

Originally Posted by JSutter
I would like a pair that make the rear "stick out" as far as the fronts do. Im not sure on the size though. Id use them with the stock wheels.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:25 PM

So is this gonna happened?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:26 PM

Yes, I've just got the new issue to work around of the hubcentric ring. 5mm spacers I could get done immediately, it's the 10 and up ones that I'm pricing out right now because it's a lot more machining.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:01 PM

Yes, I've just got the new issue to work around of the hubcentric ring. 5mm spacers I could get done immediately, it's the 10 and up ones that I'm pricing out right now because it's a lot more machining.
You can also do 10mm immediately because they don't need the extra ring. Only spacers past .5" will need that extra ring. So far counting me there are a few of us that want 10mm spacers. Keep us updated.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:22 AM

Let me know what the prices are like as I am interested in some of these in the future.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:15 AM

Wish i knew the price on these

Hope this is still alive
Old 11-27-2004, 08:54 AM

i'm in for some pricing before i commit to anything...15mm spacers for the rear would be nice...hell even 20s would be alright with me..
to set me straight, these spacers dont just slide of the studs, they come with new studs like the h&r's, right?
Old 11-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Conecarver

I'm down for pair of 10mm for sure. Maybe a pair of 5mm too depending on pricing. No studs needed for me.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by BEJAY1
I'm down for pair of 10mm for sure. Maybe a pair of 5mm too depending on pricing. No studs needed for me.

beejay get some studs and sell them to me

or can i just get them without getting spacers....

JOn
Old 11-27-2004, 03:55 PM

is it just a rumor or I heard that putting spacers is NOT a good idea because of your stock suspension geometry?

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for wheel spacers?