General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Zaino Job

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 06:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I did a full Zaino job on the car today, man that stuff is awesome!

It looks so great!

The only drawback is I really notice I need body work!!

1. Repaint hood (CHIPS!! EVERYWHERE!!)

2. Repaint rear bumper cover (PEOPLE CANNOT PARK AND CANNOT LEAVE NOTES!)

3. Pop out dent on driver's door (PEOPLE IN PARKING LOTS SUCCCCCCCCKKKKK)

But anyway I meant this to be about the Zaino. The car is lookin' sweet and shiny!!

Old 04-22-2001, 07:16 PM

Today I used turtle wax for the first time.

Used Turtle wax rubber compound and spray-on extra hard shell wax.

The rubber compounder did not cover up minor scratches like it said it would. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly.

And I agree with you on people who cannot park!! I found soo many scratches on my rear bumper, and side doors!! It's not even funny! I think they like to hit black cars, my '91 Corolla didn't have that many dings when it was 2 years old. Maybe people could drive better in those days.
Old 04-22-2001, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
Today I used turtle wax for the first time.

Used Turtle wax rubber compound and spray-on extra hard shell wax.

The rubber compounder did not cover up minor scratches like it said it would. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly.

And I agree with you on people who cannot park!! I found soo many scratches on my rear bumper, and side doors!! It's not even funny! I think they like to hit black cars, my '91 Corolla didn't have that many dings when it was 2 years old. Maybe people could drive better in those days.
Damn yeh it sucks. Hey on the wax, try Zaino.. it's worth the money I am very pleased. I've been using it exclusively now... and it's the best I've tried.
Old 04-22-2001, 07:24 PM

I would be very careful with the rubbing compound, it's very harsh. There are a number of alternatives, including hand glaze, scratch removers, and some polishes that can help with swirl marks and minor scratches. I use 3M Professional and Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line of prodicts.
Old 04-22-2001, 07:41 PM

Walmart doesn't sell Zaino stuff, atleast not in Toronto. And Meguairs is hard to come by. So hte Turtle Wax rubber compound is bad for the car? Or only if it is rubbed hard? I think I left a little mark on the body with it...damn!

btw, acitrano: You have WICKED setup in your I30. You don't understand how wicked of a setup it is to me. I showed my car-illiterate friend the little video you have of your lcd screen poping out of the dash..and he went crazy.

How is your computer hooked up to the lcd screen? Also how much did the whole setup cost (excluding the computer, gps, and radar detector). Also how did you wire this to your BOSE?
Old 04-22-2001, 08:02 PM

Walmart doesn't sell Zaino stuff, atleast not in Toronto. And Meguairs is hard to come by. So hte Turtle Wax rubber compound is bad for the car? Or only if it is rubbed hard? I think I left a little mark on the body with it...damn!
I think the only way to get Zaino is to go to http://www.zainobros.com ... I actually wish this wasn't true, or that they would at least let you pay and order online, because it's not very elegant to print an order form, fill it out, write a check, mail it in, and wait.

btw, acitrano: You have WICKED setup in your I30. You don't understand how wicked of a setup it is to me. I showed my car-illiterate friend the little video you have of your lcd screen poping out of the dash..and he went crazy.
Is he doing better now? j/k

Wow dude that is so nice of you to say. Thank you very much. Just FYI, since the video was taken, I actually made some changes. First, I flipped the head unit and dvd player, so the DVD player is UNDER the head unit.. makes a lot more sense now in retrospect. Also the portable MP3 player is GONE and the full computer is in the trunk -- much cooler. Where the MP3 player was is the IRMan -- remote eye for the PC. A few other things... hmm

How is your computer hooked up to the lcd screen?
TV-out from video card to Aux-2 video in on the cva-1005.

Also how much did the whole setup cost (excluding the computer, gps, and radar detector).
A lot. I really don't know. I mean the cva1005 and dvd5200 were probably $3000 new, maybe a touch less. What do you mean "the whole setup?"

Also how did you wire this to your BOSE?
Wired the Alpine harness into the speaker and amp wiring for the stock system. In the next few weeks this is all being ripped out - I'm putting in a new amp, sub, and speakers...

Thanks again for the nice words on my car.
Old 04-22-2001, 08:37 PM

anytime man..anytime. Your getting rid of the BOSE speakers? They sound pretty good in the highs and mids (atleast compared to whatelse I've heard in other cars). All it needs is a bit more bass.

When I said whole setup, I meant the lcd screen, dvd, cd player, accessories, etc.. But since you said the CVA was about $3K, I guess I'll just have to dream about that having that stuff.

You know what you could try? Installing voice recognition software in your computer and hooking up a mic to your computer. Try to set it up so you can talk OUTSIDE of your car and tell it to reduce volume, change songs, etc.. That would be pretty cool, and scare the crap out of passerbys. They'd think you have a new KITT or something.
Old 04-22-2001, 08:46 PM

anytime man..anytime. Your getting rid of the BOSE speakers? They sound pretty good in the highs and mids (atleast compared to whatelse I've heard in other cars). All it needs is a bit more bass.
Well most people were telling me if I put the new amp in there I'd blow the stock speakers, so I figured I might as well put new speakers in while I'm rippin the thing apart...

Old 04-22-2001, 09:51 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

i use nu-finish wash and polish, works great for me, polish goes on nice, wipes off easily, and for once i have a soap that wont harm my polish. It sgot a really nice finish water beads nicly and when im done i always like to sit the rag on the hood and watch it slide off the things that amuse me