General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I need help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 08:54 PM

I have a 97 se auto with cattman stainless y-pipe and a PR CAI(props to doug). I just changed my plugs and fuel filter(props to doug again)but for some reason my car feels like its gonna stall every once in a while, RPM's get kinda low but it never stalls and the car starts shaking violently. The service engine soon light is on and the code says my middle O2 sensor is shot but I dont think that could be the cause of the problem. Also my b-pipe was welded and maybe it has a leak in it. Anyone have any ideas on whats wrong??
Old 04-23-2001, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by 97MaximaSE
I have a 97 se auto with cattman stainless y-pipe and a PR CAI(props to doug). I just changed my plugs and fuel filter(props to doug again)but for some reason my car feels like its gonna stall every once in a while, RPM's get kinda low but it never stalls and the car starts shaking violently. The service engine soon light is on and the code says my middle O2 sensor is shot but I dont think that could be the cause of the problem. Also my b-pipe was welded and maybe it has a leak in it. Anyone have any ideas on whats wrong??
not really sure bout the problem but i doubt its the b-pipe. you would hear it leaking (real obvius) and i dont think it would affect the O2 sensors anyway. does your car still feel as powerful, if not, maybe one of your plugs was installed incorrectly or is defective. the extra fuel traveling through that hasnt been burnt might trip an O2 sensor too. have you reset the ECU either? try that, it might help. cant really help exactly though, sorry
Old 04-23-2001, 09:27 PM

Well it was happening before and me and doug changed the plugs this weekend and its still happening...you can hear a little leaking but not really that much. It has been happening since the middle of winter and the check engine light has been on almost 6 months now. The car feels just as powerful now as it did before the light went on. The only difference i notice was i was getting very bad gas mileage. We did reset the ECU on sat and the light went right back on.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 97MaximaSE
Well it was happening before and me and doug changed the plugs this weekend and its still happening...you can hear a little leaking but not really that much. It has been happening since the middle of winter and the check engine light has been on almost 6 months now. The car feels just as powerful now as it did before the light went on. The only difference i notice was i was getting very bad gas mileage. We did reset the ECU on sat and the light went right back on.
I have a messed up idle myself, I got code #41 and #83, the #41 code is one of the sensors under the hood{I damaged it during my SC install I think} that tells the engine the amount of airflow or something like that. Anyways I noticed today my car shook like 5 times{hard} in second gear for no apperent reason, I think it's because of the damn o2 sensor. Anyways I found if you put on your winshield defoger{front winshield} it keeps the RPM's from falling. I have to fix the damn things one of these days.