General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Inspection requirements for PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 08:04 AM

Inspection requirements for PA

watsup guys. well i just recently transfered my plates from NY to PA and i need to do an inspection. A guy in PA told me that i would fail because i have blue lights on the car meaning that i have clears on my rear taillights and the front bumper lights. he said i would need to replace them. i've seen many cars that have the clear lights and i was wondering if anyone knows what the requirement or the law is in Pennsylvania about these types of things. Well any comments soon will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by astorialbo5
watsup guys. well i just recently transfered my plates from NY to PA and i need to do an inspection. A guy in PA told me that i would fail because i have blue lights on the car meaning that i have clears on my rear taillights and the front bumper lights. he said i would need to replace them. i've seen many cars that have the clear lights and i was wondering if anyone knows what the requirement or the law is in Pennsylvania about these types of things. Well any comments soon will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to a very bogus state! I did the same as you, that's why I can say.

I'm not exactly sure about the safety portion of the inspection, it seems pretty lax to me, and I'm not sure if you have moved to a portion of the state where there is emissions or not.

My biggest advice to you is to clip coupons for the inspection. My first year here I paid $68. Now I pay $34.95 (what a bargain huh?) because I clip a coupon.

Emissions

Inspection Criteria

Good luck. Hope you get back on your feet someday and move back to NY! *LOL*
Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by astorialbo5
just swap in all yellow bulbs ,unless they are saying the clear lens itself is illegal. but then again the newer cars come with clears already so that cant be it i would just swap the bulbs then put them back if you want.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:10 PM

thanks for all of your advice guys. It all depends on how your luck is. Some people can be *******s and can actually fail you because the actual requirement is that the vehicle has to have its original parts and im not going to take out my clear tail lights for that but anyway luck does matter. I doubt that i will get pulled over for the bulbs. i actually just did the inspection and it went perfectly fine. thanks again.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Always sunny in philly

do yourself a favor and go to a local garage rather than a pep boys, rs strauss, or any big wig corp. Local garages may charge a little more, but they'll look pass that dumb ****.