General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

FSTB and RSB... are all created equal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 09:49 PM
SLOW

Im buying front strut tower bar and rear sway bar tomorrow... im going with the cattman FSTB and probably the Addco RSB. does anyone have any compelling reason i should or shouldnt go with these? i heard somewehre the stillen RSB has more adjustment... but its also quite a bit more money correct? im assuming all FSTBs are basically equal... as long as they arent made of plastic or toothpicks or some other weak material. any comments are appreciated.

Neal
96 GXE
Old 05-09-2001, 11:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Nealoc187
Im buying front strut tower bar and rear sway bar tomorrow... im going with the cattman FSTB and probably the Addco RSB. does anyone have any compelling reason i should or shouldnt go with these? i heard somewehre the stillen RSB has more adjustment... but its also quite a bit more money correct? im assuming all FSTBs are basically equal... as long as they arent made of plastic or toothpicks or some other weak material. any comments are appreciated.

Neal
96 GXE
I have heard that with the Addco you lose some jackpoints on the car, although I may be wrong about this. . . And I know it isn't adjustable. . .
Old 05-09-2001, 11:39 PM

I have the ADDCO. It used to knock when hitting large bumps so I adjusted it, and away went the problem. Now the car handles great (much better and it was already good stock), had a decent price, and from what I did recently, it is adjustable, unless something else is adjustable on the stillen and not the ADCDO that I don't know about?
Old 05-10-2001, 05:05 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

STILLEN

One of the only things i have bought and will buy from stillen is their RSB, it's much better than the ADDCO bar, it MUCH more adjustable, the Addco one is semi-adjustable, Stillen is fully adjustable and you don't lose the rear cross-member as the jack point. yes it is about 60-80 bucks more than the Addco one but my car handles great with it now and it doesn't knock or anything so i say get the Stillen if you have the bucks. About the FSTB, heres a way to equalize the cost, don't get the 70 something dollar one from Cattman, they all really are equal, I got the www.procarparts.com one for 40 bucks and it's heavier and beefier than some of the other ones i've seen. I'm very happy with it. I say procarparts FSTB and Stillen RSB, the price will only be like 30-40 bucks more and you will have very nice RSB!!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 08:25 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

I've have the Cattman fstb and Addco rsb for the past 2 months. Contrary to TexMax, NO knocking sound whatsoever from the rsb on my ride(handles great too) and the cm fstb is sturdy piece of bar. Yes, the effectiveness of diff. fstb are basically similar. However, I don't know if Streetbeat have any warranties on their products and the fstb they carry is relatively new. Both items have lifetime manufacturers warranty from Cattman and Addco, as long as you mount it as directed If you chose to go with the Addco rsb, order it from www.shox.com, they carry the Addco rsb at a discount.

the rsb under my car..

Old 05-10-2001, 02:32 PM

Like I said, I adjusted it, and no more knocking. It workss great, I can't see the stillen one working much better for the extra money?
Old 05-10-2001, 06:50 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally posted by TexMaximum
Like I said, I adjusted it, and no more knocking. It workss great, I can't see the stillen one working much better for the extra money?
Good good... glad the adjustment worked I think it's one of those...if you have Stillen rsb, you'll say it's great and for Addco rsb owners like us, we praise our mod too. TexMax- your ride is just right...lookin' sharp

Old 05-10-2001, 11:54 PM
SLOW

thanks

hey thanks for the replies everyone. i ordered them today... decided to go with the Stillen RSB and procarparts.com FSTB. also ordered some other things, SS brake lines, etc. thanks again.

Neal
Old 05-11-2001, 04:38 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: thanks

Originally posted by Nealoc187
hey thanks for the replies everyone. i ordered them today... decided to go with the Stillen RSB and procarparts.com FSTB. also ordered some other things, SS brake lines, etc. thanks again.

Neal
Ya baby, that's what i like to hear!