General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MAXIMA CAB spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 01:41 PM

I was driving home from work today on Prosperity Av between route 50 and Lee Highway in Virginia and I spotted a Maxima Yellow Cab. Has anyone ever seen this before? It was a 97 painted bright orange with what looked to be some sort of Konig rims and lightly tinted windows.
Old 05-18-2001, 07:33 PM
Boosted?....

I've seen the same one

It has some ugly rims on it and it is usually parked at the merrifield plaza. You know across the street from the multiplex. Hey Dc Max where are you from. I think I've seen you around. I would like to meet up but my car just got a dent in the hood from some *** backing up into me. I'm waiting to get my body kit and paint and fix the whole car. Well see you on the road. If i see you I will do a three high beam salute or just turn on my strobes.

Man Choi
98 max Se 5spd w/ Intake/exhaust, Eibach/Tokico, fstb, clear corner, all piaa superwhites and more
Old 05-18-2001, 10:58 PM
Autobahn Max

I was in Norway last week and saw 4th generation Maxima taxicab there. I was even dropped abount an inch or so.

Old 05-18-2001, 11:33 PM

Re: I've seen the same one

Originally posted by EteRnity059
It has some ugly rims on it and it is usually parked at the merrifield plaza. You know across the street from the multiplex. Hey Dc Max where are you from. I think I've seen you around. I would like to meet up but my car just got a dent in the hood from some *** backing up into me. I'm waiting to get my body kit and paint and fix the whole car. Well see you on the road. If i see you I will do a three high beam salute or just turn on my strobes.
Yep, that's the one. I live in Mantua, between 236 and 50. What kind of strobes do you have?, Ive been really looking into that.
Old 05-19-2001, 02:11 PM

Maxima taxis everwhere in Korea.

Visited Korea last summer and rode in one of the Maxima taxis. I asked the taxi driver about the car and he stated that the parts are imported from Nissan and assembled in Korea and sold under the name Ssangyong. He said the powerplant is a 2.5 liter V6. I thought 2.5 liters were 4 cylinders. Anyhow the interior had pleather.
Old 05-19-2001, 03:04 PM

ditto

Originally posted by Autobahn Max
I was in Norway last week and saw 4th generation Maxima taxicab there. I was even dropped abount an inch or so.
Saw 95 Maxima in Stockholm back in summer 97, the only year Sweden ever had a "heat" wave. Dang it was as hot there as it was when I left JFK. Also seen Maxima cabs in Montreal. This is a very cheap car compared to the competition, of course you're gonna see them. 217 hp max or 134 hp Camry for the same price, isn't it a no-brainer? BTW way more blondes in Sweden than Norway, Sweden was quite interesting though too expensive.
Old 05-19-2001, 07:44 PM
Boosted?....

kind of strobe

Hey DcMax,

I have streetglow strobes in my car. I have a pair of blue strobes and a pair of white strobes. One of each color in each headlight housing. It looks tight at night and you can see it in the day too. You should definately look into them if you a planning to make your car flashy and craving attention. Install is not hard. But taking the headlight housing out is hard. My friend just drilled two holes on the top of the housing. The problem with that install is the dust and the reflective coat inside the housing getting all over the glass of the headlight. I wish I knew how to take it out but I didn't. Well, if you plan to get them you want to go with two pairs of strobes. I think the purple strobes will look phat. If you want to try them, I can get them for a relatively good price. We can meet up if you want.

Man Choi
98 Max SE 5spd w/ intake/exhaust, Eibach/tokico, fstb, clear corner, clear/red tails, piaa superwhites, kuhmo performance tires and more