General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just had an accident, so PIISSSED (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
99 SE-L

Heysam, dont worry about a thing man my 99 got totaled back in december by some moron who said he was hydroplaining on a dry surface , and why did you offer to pay $1600 of the damage you did nothign wrong so you shouldint pay a dime get a lawyer, get medical treatment and a rental car and you will be okay

Old 07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. I love my maxima community . Well the news update is my car is at the shop right now. The guy told me he'll do his best to get me fully covered on the repair but since he's not claiming my insurance it'll take a while to get everything worked out. He's gonna claim the other insurance and not get my insurance involved. The fuqed up part is, on the police report it does not say whose fault it was. The fact that the road that we had the accident on was newly paved, so there's no signs, so all the police report said was we crashed into each other. So the lawyers will have to fight and figure out whats gonna happen. As far as my car goes, I won't get it back until atleast 2 to 3 weeks.

I've never been without my car for so long, i'm gonna pick up a rental probably later on today or tomorrow but insurance won't pay for the rental. I have to pay for it, but whatever i don't care. It's so hard to be without a car when you're so depended on it.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:08 AM

keep your receipts, im sure her insurance will have to cover your rental, if she was at fault.

i thought that the first name or name on top of the ticket was the one at fault. i could be wrong though.

good luck with getting this one straightened out
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

One follow on note, whoever owns the parking lot may be part responsible if they repaved it and did not repaint or replace speed or stop sign markings before they opened it back up. They may of created a hazardous condition of driving free for all...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My solution, don't ever talk to the people who cause the accident, let the police make the report and let your insurance deal with their insurance. And just like you did, take pictures. It has served me well in two instances. One, a teenager who did a hit-and-run on me, and another who backed into my parked car.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:25 PM

Add the price of the HIDs to the total estimate.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:04 PM

just look on the bright side now you have a reason to get a carbon fiber hood.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Still Here... IM me for more..

Originally Posted by chernmax
One follow on note, whoever owns the parking lot may be part responsible if they repaved it and did not repaint or replace speed or stop sign markings before they opened it back up. They may of created a hazardous condition of driving free for all...

If the insurance company tries to make you pay, you should definitely go after the owner of the lot or the city (if the city's responsible for it).
Old 07-08-2005, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by HNDA ETR

If the insurance company tries to make you pay, you should definitely go after the owner of the lot or the city (if the city's responsible for it).
That's a great idea, i'm definetly going to go by the lot and take some more pictures of the paved road and parking lot just for evidence.

Polak.. as far as the HIDS go, the insurance only covers for the lights that come with the maxima from factory, which in my case would be gay 2k lights. I told the bodyshop ppl if you can trick the insurance company into buying me HIDS then great, otherwise keep the hids and polish it up. I should be getting some answers back by Wednesday.

As far as carbon fiber hood goes, I don't really want to go that route since I am not a big fan of mismatching hood color with the body color. If I do get the CF hood, i'd have it painted sterling mist .
Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Dan
No Longer Owns a Maxima

Sorry to hear about that. There are some people (especially women) who just shouldn't drive. By the way, what camera phone do you have? The pics look pretty good for a phone.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dan
Sorry to hear about that. There are some people (especially women) who just shouldn't drive. By the way, what camera phone do you have? The pics look pretty good for a phone.
I have a Sharp TM-150..

Old 07-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2kprlmax
sammy the hood and bumper will not be the same (lining up) I had that problem with my accident.
Sorry to go off topic, but damn I love your yellow fogs.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:56 AM
OU > *

Damn Sam, that really sucks to hear. Luckily in both of the accidents I have been in (not in my Max), they were both the other driver's fault, and they were both loaded, so I didn't have to deal with any of the BS you are experiencing.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by S00NR1
Damn Sam, that really sucks to hear. Luckily in both of the accidents I have been in (not in my Max), they were both the other driver's fault, and they were both loaded, so I didn't have to deal with any of the BS you are experiencing.
You got real lucky bro. Because the guy i'm dealing with is a real big time azzhole. Anyway, his insurance (All state) is pretty easy to deal with though because they got me a rental and told me they'll take care of it. So the rent a car place gave me a '05 Dodge Dakota to beat around until my car is ready. Not bad for a Magnum V8 tho, altho it feels so damn slow comparing to my max.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Banned

You should take them on Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, or Judge Greg Mathis (my favorite...he'll prove who is 'actin a foo')
Old 07-10-2005, 09:04 PM

Allstate insurance you say?

Worst rated insurance company in New Jersey (don't know about the rest of the country). Good luck. Might wanna read up here about them and their antics.

http://www.allstateinsurancesucks.com/index.html
Old 07-11-2005, 01:41 AM

dam sorry man...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:46 AM

Oh man that really stinks at least you are ok and the damage is repairable. Unfortunatly dumb A$$ drivers are everywhere all you can do is try to be careful but even then you are still not safe.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:59 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by Sammzway
I was so pissed that I kept screaming "FRUCK", so she got scared and started crying.
lol. I would have chocked her too if she cracked my HID headlights. Good thing you walked away w/out injury from an accident.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Z

Wow...wtf! I never even saw this thread up until Mac notified me of it. Damn Sammy, that's some sh*t, bro. Do me a favor, give me a call man. Also, if you need me to taxi your a*s to the body shop to pick your car up, I'll help you out man.

P.S. If you get new HIDs, your current ones are mine. DIBS! =D
Old 07-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Wow...wtf! I never even saw this thread up until Mac notified me of it. Damn Sammy, that's some sh*t, bro. Do me a favor, give me a call man. Also, if you need me to taxi your a*s to the body shop to pick your car up, I'll help you out man.

P.S. If you get new HIDs, your current ones are mine. DIBS! =D
Dude, i'm sorry man, I didn't have any time to speak to you on AIM. I'm barely online now. Anyway, thanks for the offer bro, I appreciate it. Don't worry, i'm trying to milk the insurance company for my HIDS. I'll let u know whats up by end of the week. If i get new hids, i'll hook u up with these lol.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:45 AM

how did everything work out?

Hope u got your car back to shape and worked out money wise cuz my 03 max is grey just like yours. I just rear ended some lexus suv in the NYC midtown tunnel cuz the bastard slamed his brakes and I couldn't stop. My damage looked very similar to yours, with the hood folded up even higher, cracked both HID headlights, radiator support folded in about a foot, broken grill and scratched up bumper. $4300 is the estimate I got from the body shops. Because I hit him from behind and I didn't want to worry about my insurance going up. . . being in NJ sucks, I paid the guy off $750 for his expensive Lexus bumper. Then I bought all the parts from the dealership and put in everything myself. Luckily the fenders werent damaged and I was able to pull the radiator support back to spec. With every thing pieced together, I'm left with a minor hood alignment issue right now and the max is waiting to get painted. While I did the labor myself to save at least $2000, the 2 oem HIDs still cost me $900 from Ebay and that's allready cheap compared to $1500 a pair from Nissan. Anyways, I give u all the credit to be able to deal with insurance company and not get screwed by that guy, cuz nowadays you can't trust anyone in this area. btw, thank god u didn't let him pay only $2000 cuz the ******* I hit didn't even wanna give me a $200 break.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Dan
No Longer Owns a Maxima

Was it really worth it paying for all that stuff out of pocket to avoid your insurance going up?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dan
Was it really worth it paying for all that stuff out of pocket to avoid your insurance going up?

Do you have any idea how expensive Ins. is near the city?? let alone with an accident on it.

Its because of this, if I move to queens my Max is staying at my parents. it would cost me over $1,000 a month to keep my car in queens, or leave it at my rents and cost me $500 till its paid off in a year.

I am leaving my baby behind for a damn subway ticket
Old 11-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Dan
No Longer Owns a Maxima

I had no idea. I pay $300/6 mo for my insurance and it went down last time I made a claim.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:32 PM

u lucky u don't live in NJ

insurance here is so high that I don't even pick up my own and since the car is under my girl friend's insurance, I didn't wanna drag her down. they are like sharks, if u even call them up to ask about possibly filing for a claim, they will jack it up
Old 11-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Dan
No Longer Owns a Maxima

Maybe it's time to change insurance companies....
Old 11-04-2005, 01:56 PM

funny u should mention

in the past there weren't many to choose from in jersey as they've all moved out of this state due to high rate of fraud and some state regulations contributing to high insurance cost, however there are starting to come back to do business here again so it's going to get better.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mizeree_X
Girl in a 2001+ Jetta w/ NY plates = spoiled little rich girl who can't drive. Go to any college in the Northeast, they are a dime a dozen. Probly shouldn't have been screaming obscenities at her, it really didn't help your cause at all.
i think i woulda done more than scream obscenities... and seeing as her dad is a dumbsh!t, i think i woulda laid hands on that guy too lol