General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Insurance Co. wants to total my 4th gen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Gears & Crosses
Thanks for everyones advice! I didnt take the first offer (as suggested) and they are refiguring the offer. Its taking a little while but I guess thats normal. They still want to total the car however.

I will just have to document everything like Candiman suggested.

My wife is basically OK with the exception of an aggravated neck. It starting to get better. Thanks for asking

Pray for me,
Gears
Why dont u just make the insurance company pay for the fixing up? I got in a accident, and they payed for everything. And what company is it? is it a big company or a small company. Big co. will usually take care of it because of there money.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm needing a caw

Um you did take the wife to the doctor and started a seperate insurance claim to their insurance right?

Thanks for everyones advice! I didnt take the first offer (as suggested) and they are refiguring the offer. Its taking a little while but I guess thats normal. They still want to total the car however.

I will just have to document everything like Candiman suggested.

My wife is basically OK with the exception of an aggravated neck. It starting to get better. Thanks for asking

Pray for me,
Gears
Old 07-27-2005, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Um you did take the wife to the doctor and started a seperate insurance claim to their insurance right?
Yes, there is a seperate claim on that.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:42 AM

I tried to contact the insurance four times yesturday. All I got was voice mail. I am hearing some bad things about a Salvage title. Like an insurance company won't insure the car or I wont be able to get a License plate either?

Anybody know about this?
Gears
Old 07-29-2005, 07:10 PM

The Insurance company called my wife today and offered me $5,850 for the car. I am OK with that offer, but I can't seem to find a car like mine locally for that price. I am still interested in fixing mine, but I need to see how much they want for the buy back.

Gears
Old 07-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

I tried to contact the insurance four times yesturday. All I got was voice mail. I am hearing some bad things about a Salvage title. Like an insurance company won't insure the car or I wont be able to get a License plate either? Anybody know about this?
Gears
Even though I stated I would buy my car back I'm not sure if you'll be able to insure a salvage title vehicle, maybe you can maybe you can't. Since you mention you're trying to buy a house, I guess it's like buying a re-sale house. If the previous owner made a insurance claim, depending on the type of claim it's a possibility the new owner might not be able to find a insurance company to insure his new re-sale house.

I'm about to close on a re-sale house and the previous owner made a claim for a busted water pipe. The repairs were made but he had to disclose this information to all prespective buyers so they knew what they might face. I guess the insurance companies might consider it as being too much of a liability and choose not to insure a salvage title and/or a house with a previous claim (depending on the type of claim) Then again they might consider doing so with a hefty premium.

Do you have pics of the damge?
Old 07-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Helicopters! Money!!!

Originally Posted by CandiMan
Even though I stated I would buy my car back I'm not sure if you'll be able to insure a salvage title vehicle, maybe you can maybe you can't. Since you mention you're trying to buy a house, I guess it's like buying a re-sale house. If the previous owner made a insurance claim, depending on the type of claim it's a possibility the new owner might not be able to find a insurance company to insure his new re-sale house.

I'm about to close on a re-sale house and the previous owner made a claim for a busted water pipe. The repairs were made but he had to disclose this information to all prespective buyers so they knew what they might face. I guess the insurance companies might consider it as being too much of a liability and choose not to insure a salvage title and/or a house with a previous claim (depending on the type of claim) Then again they might consider doing so with a hefty premium.

People buy and insure salvage vehicles all the time. Of course you can insure it. All 50 states (I think) require liability insurance. If you couldn't insure salvage cars, a salvage car would be worthless and no one would drive them.

Car insurance and homeowners insurance are two totally different things.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by CandiMan

I don't have pics yet. I have been extremely busy lately. I will take some because I want them for reference. Can I attach photos in my sig maybe or as a thumbnail???? I would like you all to see the car.

Gears
Old 08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hmmm

Dear Mr Cheapazz insurance guy, if this goes to court I'll have to bring up the injuries to my wife. Our doctor believes some troubles she is having may be related to the accident.

Sure you dont want to make a more reasonable offer before we take this to court?

AKA... the OH MY NECK move
Old 08-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by uwackme
Dear Mr Cheapazz insurance guy, if this goes to court I'll have to bring up the injuries to my wife. Our doctor believes some troubles she is having may be related to the accident.

Sure you dont want to make a more reasonable offer before we take this to court?

You have potential...
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by uwackme

This took place a couple weeks ago............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................