General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Accident Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 10:38 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well, here are some pictures of my accident...

http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck1.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck2.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck3.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck4.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck5.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck6.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck7.jpg
http://www.rit.edu./~ejj5875/maxima/...eck/wreck8.jpg

What a day...
Old 05-24-2001, 11:10 PM

how it happen? sorry to hear.
Old 05-25-2001, 01:31 AM

Wow man, that really sucks. I hope you get everything fixed quickly.

Old 05-25-2001, 04:06 AM

ouch !!!!!!!!!1
Old 05-25-2001, 06:25 AM
ejj

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

how it happen? sorry to hear.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=41678
Old 05-25-2001, 07:17 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Poor Car
Old 05-25-2001, 08:26 AM

Damn that sux! The similarities betwixt you and I are the same, that is why I only took pic of the good side of my car. I will have to wait to get mines fixed, and I saw the idiot that hit and run on my car too, payback will be sweet. I hope your insurance will take care of you, unlike mines.

- ßaller
Old 05-25-2001, 08:30 AM
ejj

Originally posted by ßaller

Damn that sux! The similarities betwixt you and I are the same, that is why I only took pic of the good side of my car. I will have to wait to get mines fixed, and I saw the idiot that hit and run on my car too, payback will be sweet. I hope your insurance will take care of you, unlike mines.

- ßaller
Well, this wasn't quite like that. I talked to the kid that hit me, got his insurance information, and already placed a direct claim with his insurance company. Within the next 2 business days they are going to come and look at the car and let me know what they think.

My insurance company seems to think that if this guys won't pay, they'll go after them in the courts (or arbitration) for the money.

So, it might be drawn out, but it will get fixed.

Any ideas where I should get this fixed? I was thinking that the Nissan dealer would be best. Even though I hate taking my car to a dealer, I think they would put the best parts and do the best work on it. Nissan Loves to throw money at the car, and if its not going to be my money than I'm thrilled!
Old 05-25-2001, 09:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ejj5875

Any ideas where I should get this fixed? I was thinking that the Nissan dealer would be best. Even though I hate taking my car to a dealer, I think they would put the best parts and do the best work on it. Nissan Loves to throw money at the car, and if its not going to be my money than I'm thrilled!
I was going to recommend that you go to the dealer to have it fixed. When I had my accident, I went directly to the dealer. They have genuine parts. Most body shops go aftertermarket and they are not as good in quality. Not to say they will have the right paint too and can't notice the diffence in the paint either.

My insurance fixed my car and then went after the knucklehead that cut me off. I was in the right lane and he was in the left lane and he decided to take a right turn across my lane to go into a parking lot. I slammed right into him. What made it worse was he was trying to be all friendly and I didn't trust him one bit. My insurance called the guy for his side of the story and he said it was a one lane street and I was trying to pass him on the right.
To make a long story short, I took my Sony Mavica to the accident scene and snapped away. The pics proved my story and the investigators pics matched up with mine. No points for me.
Old 05-25-2001, 10:01 AM
ejj

Originally posted by deezo

I was going to recommend that you go to the dealer to have it fixed. When I had my accident, I went directly to the dealer. They have genuine parts. Most body shops go aftertermarket and they are not as good in quality. Not to say they will have the right paint too and can't notice the diffence in the paint either.

My insurance fixed my car and then went after the knucklehead that cut me off. I was in the right lane and he was in the left lane and he decided to take a right turn across my lane to go into a parking lot. I slammed right into him. What made it worse was he was trying to be all friendly and I didn't trust him one bit. My insurance called the guy for his side of the story and he said it was a one lane street and I was trying to pass him on the right.
To make a long story short, I took my Sony Mavica to the accident scene and snapped away. The pics proved my story and the investigators pics matched up with mine. No points for me.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

I don't think I'll have problems with this guy. He was 16, and his first accident. So, when the cop showed up, I told my story of what happened, and he just agreed. So, I think I'll be in good shape with his insurance company.
Old 05-25-2001, 07:29 PM

It isn't that bad!

You get a new paint job and a new door!
Old 05-26-2001, 04:02 AM

Isn't it so shameless the way people try to lie their way out of paying for an accident? I was in a three car accident where the guy in front did the same thing, try to exit the right side of the road from the left lane, and this was on a highway in the rain no less. He ran off before either of us saw his plates, but the lady in front of me felt as if someone had to pay for her car even though we both got screwed. So we're sitting in court and the judge calls her up to hear her side of the story, and she tries telling him that she SLOWED to a stop and I ran into her. In the middle of the highway, in the rain, in the dark, with some lunatic swerving in front of us?!? The judge just laughs and tells her to step down. Man, I was like shutcho' mouth...
Old 05-29-2001, 09:57 AM
ejj

Well, Good News, Bad News

Well, I got everything figured out today.

Good News:

The other guys insurance company is going to foot 100% of the bill, and let me take the car to the dealer, which is where I want to take it. Cool.

Bad News:

Well, I can't take the car in until Monday, because the shop needs the time to get the parts ordered. It will also take at least a week.

I went Saturday for an estimate at this dealer, and they said $2300, and 36 hours! Yikes!

Worst News:

I called the rent-a-car place (which their insurance will be paying for too), and they are going to pick me up there Monday morning.

The worst part? I am either going to be driving a Malibu or Grand Am for a week.
Old 05-29-2001, 10:14 AM

woooaoh

That sticks about your car. I can't believe that 36 hours of work on totals $2xxx.00, that's rather reasonable considering.

Not to be a di$k about it on the rental car, but what did you expect to get? I mean, you drive a midsized car and they were nice enough to give you a car to begin with, let alone another midsized car--not a Metro. Sure, it's an american car and not as nice as a Toyota Camry, but it's a car to beat on none-the-less. I deal with people whinning about rental cars all the time---I work for an insurance company. While I don't think that you are whinning at all. Some folks go to the extreme that they won't have the car fixed and threaten lawsuit unless we give them a caddy or something. If you read your policy closely you will see that you are guaranteed a car similar to yours in SIZE, not quality---assuming you have rental reimbursement coverage on your policy. I am not sure why anyone wouldn't--it's like $30/year!!!

Good luck with the repairs. Nissan should do you right; at least they will use genuine Nissan Parts!

SHUMAX
Old 05-29-2001, 10:18 AM
ejj

Re: woooaoh

Originally posted by shumax
Not to be a di$k about it on the rental car, but what did you expect to get? I mean, you drive a midsized car and they were nice enough to give you a car to begin with, let alone another midsized car--not a Metro

SHUMAX
Oh, don't get me wrong, I expected it. Fact is that I don't really look forward to driving either of these cars. But yes, it is better than nothing.

I actcually figured they'd try to stick me with a Neon!

Worst part? I'll be stuck with an automagic!

Old 05-29-2001, 11:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Well, Good News, Bad News

Bad News:

Well, I can't take the car in until Monday, because the shop needs the time to get the parts ordered. It will also take at least a week.

That's not so bad. Monday is almost here.

I went Saturday for an estimate at this dealer, and they said $2300, and 36 hours! Yikes!

My car took about a week. When I got it back, I was very happy with the results.

Worst News:

I called the rent-a-car place (which their insurance will be paying for too), and they are going to pick me up there Monday morning.

The worst part? I am either going to be driving a Malibu or Grand Am for a week.

Dude, you are going to miss your car. You'll get to suffer like I did when the dealership gave me an Altima. Have fun driving your rental.
Old 05-29-2001, 11:51 AM

sorry about ur car man... its cool that the insurance is taking care of everything. i'm sure ur not going to be disappointed when u get the baby back! heh

Ranj
Old 05-29-2001, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by mechanic
sorry about ur car man... its cool that the insurance is taking care of everything. i'm sure ur not going to be disappointed when u get the baby back! heh

Ranj
Damn can't see the pics. Sorry though, Accidents suck any way you slice it.
Old 05-29-2001, 12:11 PM
ejj

Originally posted by Kevin

Damn can't se the pics. Sorry though, Accident scuk any way you slice it.
Oops! I had moved all the pictures into a different directory.

Try here.

Sorry about that!
Old 05-29-2001, 12:26 PM

Just be lucky that your frame is fine.
It could always be worse....
I got rear ended in January and Nissan couldn't get some AC condenser part from Japan so I had to drive a pontiac bonneville around for two months while they piddled around! It was killer, butI got $550 bucks out of Nissan for my trouble!