General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

PanCake Breakfast for Wife

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:18 PM

PanCake Breakfast for Wife

I wanted to write a thread on this before but thought it wouldn't be right to do. My wife Traci has been diagosed with a disease called Myasthenia Gravis. She's only 34 yrs old and has her whole life ahead of her. Well she did till she was diagosed a little over 2 yeaars ago. She has been admitted to Johns Hopkins twice in those two years getting ChemoTherapy treatments. Both Chemo treatments did not work. Right now she is on her third time of Chemo but is now doing it locally here in New Jersey. I met her just about 3 yrs ago, a Nurse who loved to ride her Harley Davidson, She loved to work out, Ski, Rollerblade and anything else to get her outdoors. now she is very limited in what she does. I am a Police Officer and belong to the Fraternal Order of Police, Middletown NJ. The Union has planned a Pancake Breakfast in order to help the both of us with Major Bills and other things like a Working Dog to help her get through the days and nights when she is weak.

A little information on this disease.
Myasthenia gravis: Most often, an acquired disorder that results in fatiguable muscle weakness, made worse by activity and improved with rest. It results from an autoimmune attack against the nerve-muscle junction. Other forms of the illness are caused by architectural changes of the nerve-muscle junction.

Basically its a disease thats very severe to the muscles in your body. The become very very weak, causing most organs to slow down. Your Heart is a Muscle. She has had this disease for over two years now and has been in the hospital more then home. She does not work anymore and is on full diability. So if anyone knows what full disability means, basically about $13,000 a year. Traci was a Critical Care Nurse when she was stricken with this disease.

I will post a Date and Time when the Pancake Breakfast Fund Raiser will take place, It will be sometime in early October and well would appreciate anyone that could stop by and eat some pancakes. Traci will be there because she wants to make some of the pancakes. I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone on the Org, I have had many a questions and well everyone here has helped me with my Maxima in many ways. Also, I am not sure how I would go about setting up a donation on here. I was thinking of setting up a website for her so everyone could read a little about her and possibly donate to help her. For now I can post my paypal if anyone is willing to donate.
PayPal address is hct67@msn.com
I thought maybe I would also post a picture of my wife when we met and now Once Again, Thank You Everyone Here on the ORG.

Harvey
Old 09-03-2005, 11:26 PM

I hope all goes well for as long as it can. The org is here for you man.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:50 PM

Thank You, I really appreciate the thoughts and wishes and well it gives not only me the hope and strenth to live each day but her even more. Once again, Thanks for the thought!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:14 AM

hello

my thoughts and prayers go out to you both... good luck on your fundraising efforts.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:40 AM
brotherhood of tq

hey man im really sorry to hear about this. i'll say a prayer for u n her tonight and i'll be at the pancake breakfast.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

may god be with you and your wife. have faith my friend
Old 09-04-2005, 09:16 AM

I'm paying all goes well for you two for as long as possible. If I was in NJ I would attend.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:18 AM
UCF Lexus

wow man im real sorry to hear about her, although there isnt anything i can do, my thoughts and prayers are with yall tonight
Old 09-04-2005, 09:28 AM

Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone on the ORG for their Best Wishes
Old 09-05-2005, 08:37 AM

I'll remember to keep you both in my prayers as well.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:51 AM

just remember that god doesnt give us life situations that he knows we cannot handle. he will be there for u both and the rest of ur family. have faith and trust in him. he will be there when u cry out to him.

i will keep ur family in my prayers
Old 09-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Brain phuck

just post the date/time/place and I will most likely be there
Old 09-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Disco Biscuit

I'll make this a sticky
Old 09-05-2005, 03:02 PM

I hope you guys pull through. God bless you.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I agree with wikidminds....God only gives you what he knows you can handle. That being said, my thoughts and prayers go out to you both. Great pic...you two make a good couple. Keep strong and have faith.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:38 PM

Picture

[IMG]Well, I just wanted to post another picture of her and I, this was taken in July right after another session of ChemoTherapy. I will admit, she is one tough person and I give her all the credit in the world for not giving up.[/IMG]
Old 09-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Hit 'em with the stun gun

Originally Posted by wikidminds
just remember that god doesnt give us life situations that he knows we cannot handle. he will be there for u both and the rest of ur family. have faith and trust in him. he will be there when u cry out to him.

i will keep ur family in my prayers
I agree wholeheartedly. You guys will be in my prayers. God Bless you.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:02 AM

I just wanted to say Thank You for the people that have already dontated monetary funds to the PayPal address hct67@msn.com
Its been recieved and welcomed and to her surprise very happy. She can't wait for the pancake breakfast so she can meet everyone.

Harvey
Old 09-06-2005, 09:49 AM

hey you are on the middletown police force? small world im only one town away. I would love to join you guys for the pancake b fast as soon as a date and time is set. Beautiful wife, she looks like quite the trooper. My thoughts and prayers go out to you two and i hope so see you at the pancake b fast
Old 09-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Way out West

I am sending you some money.

This site is fantastic about helping take care of it's own. My son has MD (there is a sticky about it here, too) and I got so much love from everyone that I think it's important to give something, as well.

God bless you guys and good luck with everything.

Chris
Old 09-07-2005, 01:31 PM

I've been there man, leukemia, twice. I was first diagnosed at 2 and then had a transplant at 6. I know what it's like and your wife is very lucky to have such a strong person to stand by her. I was lucky to have my family and my sister (my donor). Stay strong man, nothing but my besh wishes and I will put you both in my prayers.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:02 AM

I wish you both the best and hope your wife will recover soon....
Old 09-08-2005, 11:36 PM

I would just like to say Thanks to Everyone on the org, My wife has been so incredibly touched by everyone's support here. She is also looking forward to meeting everyone at the pancake breakfast that can make it. Once again, Thank You to Every Org Member.
PayPal Address hct67@msn.com
Old 09-11-2005, 09:01 AM

Thoughts and prayers go out to you. God Bless you both.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 AM

has there been a set date for this yet?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:41 PM

Update For Pancake Breakfast

Sorry everyone for taking so long with getting information on this event. A counsel was formed to prepare for the breakfast and they just got the dates from the VFW that were free. So the Port Authority Police is making the Flyers that will be sent out for the event. The Date is set for November 5, 2005 which is a Saturday. It will be from 10am till whenever. There also will be a BBQ along with some Alcohol and possibly a DJ playing music.The event will be held at the Middletown VFW. I will get directions for everyone who wants to come and make a donation and also have a great time with food and drinks. Once again, I appreciate everyones help with this and appreciate each and everyone that does show up.

Harvey
Old 09-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Our Thoughts

I'm a friendly neighbor to the north in canada, therefore i cannot attend.

Our thoughts go out to you and your wife, you are you very good looking pair. Stay strong and never let hope fade as the mind and heart can accomplish the impossible..
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 AM

you guys are in my prayers.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 PM

Address

Harvey, I am putting together a caravan and wanted to check on the location.

Is this the correct address?

VFW Post 2179
1 Veterans Lane
Port Monmouth, NJ 07758
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 PM

God bless you both. My thoughts are with you!!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:17 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this. You both are in my prayers. I know how it is knowing someone very close with a deadly disease. My mom passed away last June due to cancer. It was too late by the time we found out she had it, she died about a week later. God Bless.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:22 PM

Good luck both of you..
Old 11-13-2005, 06:46 PM

Well, have some updated news on the Pancake Breakfast. Its going to be January 22, 2006 which is a Sunday. It's going to be held at the Middletown VFW from 10am to 10pm. The tickets / donations will be $10 and just to let everyone know inside the VFW there are numerous TV's which will have the footballs games on and also the Bar will be serving drinks but you will have to pay for them at a very reasonable price.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:28 PM
be the change u want2C

Hey, i have a thought, have you tried using different medicine's other than western style? Try going the herbal way. Ill pray for her and you though. God bless!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:41 PM

well im glad the date got pushed back i had a wedding to attend to. ill be there!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 AM

Hello,

when I read this thread, I immediately googled the disease for more information. It's very terrible, and I hope everything goes well for her.

If you haven't checked yet, I recommend www.curezone.com for a list of possible things which others have done to help, who are in a similar situation.

My usual recommendation when people are undergoing chemo, is to take VERY VERY high doses of vitamin-c to help bring the nervous system back up... as I keep reading that chemo really damages the nervous system. I would recommend a good amount of flaxseed oil at the same time.

It's great that she's a tough person, That's definetly a big plus, and I hope for the best! She cannot give up!

Frank
Old 11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

sorry to hear that.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:25 PM

i'm really sorry to hear this, even though two months late. i know how you feel. my mother has a heart condition that could kill her anyday without warning, like it almost did. at 34 she had somewhere around 10 cardiac arrests within an hour. she was in the icu for a week but luckily she is still with me and my family. my grandmother also had a anurism last year, another hidden threat in my family i walk around with the knowledge everyday. the weirdest part was she stayed in all and only the rooms my mother did for much longer though. i can understand how you feel and the constant fear, anxiety, and the many other small things you endure every day. if i had a credit card i would donate to you and your wife since i live half way across the country. i really hope that you can remain strong along with your wife and make it through this. like the others said, my prayers are with you.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:15 PM
JAA

First post, but best wishes through this tough time

Old 12-02-2005, 07:54 AM

I didn't read all the posts in this thread so I am not sure if someone has said anything like this or not. Yes, Myasthenis Gravis is a terrible disease! My Grandmother was diagnosed with that(A Mis-diagnosis), then diagnosed with Fibromyalga (mis.), then Multiple Schlorosis(sp?) (Also a Mis-Diagnosis) She had treatments for all three before they realised they made a mistake, then they re-diagnosed her with Fibromyalga. Point: Make sure the doctors are positive about what it is. My grandmother was also a nurse(I think you said your wife was). I know how these diseases can effect people and their abilities. All this happened a few years ago, my grandmother now has more energy, though she has good days and bad days, most anymore are good. I guess the point of me telling this is to let you know that it isnt something that is going to completely ruin your lives. With the right treatment/combination of medication, she will be able to do some of those things that she used to enjoy. Just keep hope and faith and hopefully everything will turn out alright. You will definately be in my thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes, Tim

Quick Reply: PanCake Breakfast for Wife