General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I'm so screwed........

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 09:07 PM

hey, are there any drivers on here that are under the age of 18 and have gotten a ticket? if so, were you able to pay if without having to go to court?

god I'm so screwed if I have to go to court with my dad..
Old 05-26-2001, 09:13 PM

on on my way to court next month for the fourth time and I just turned 18. I always plead not guilty.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by SteveSE
hey, are there any drivers on here that are under the age of 18 and have gotten a ticket? if so, were you able to pay if without having to go to court?

god I'm so screwed if I have to go to court with my dad..
i got a reckless ticket when i was 16 and my mom had to come to court with me. it really depends on the state. here in virginia if its just a regular speeding ticket you can pay without going but i got pulled over in deleware when i was 17 and the cop gave me a warning because if you're under 18 in that state and you get any kind of speeding ticket you have to go to court with a parent.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:22 PM

You are not really having court, you are in the courtroom talking to the prosocutor. If you and (him/her) don't come to a agreement then you go to real court. Sometimes when you are real lucky they accept your not guilty plee.
PS my father gets so mad when I get a ticket.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:51 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Where are you located?

I've gotten tickets when I was 17, I didn't have to go to court, if I was to plead guilty I could just plead guilty on the ticket and send it away, and pay for it. I pleaded not guilty to try my luck and whadduyaknow I ended up fighting off 200+ dollars/5+ license points... Observe the tickets for ANY mistakes or incorrect spellings or whatever. I got both tickets cancelled because the dumb cop wrote illegal left turn instead of illegal RIGHT. Once I slipped that out to the judge everything was dismissed and the cop looked like he wanted to strangle me right then and there.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Where are you located?

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
I've gotten tickets when I was 17, I didn't have to go to court, if I was to plead guilty I could just plead guilty on the ticket and send it away, and pay for it. I pleaded not guilty to try my luck and whadduyaknow I ended up fighting off 200+ dollars/5+ license points... Observe the tickets for ANY mistakes or incorrect spellings or whatever. I got both tickets cancelled because the dumb cop wrote illegal left turn instead of illegal RIGHT. Once I slipped that out to the judge everything was dismissed and the cop looked like he wanted to strangle me right then and there.
Damn, I knew I should have tried and contested my reckless ticket because the cop wrote down my license number and license plate number down wrong. . . I was trying to let my mom contest it, but she was so ****ed about it already she just told me to pay it and put up with the consequences. . . Anyway, in CA I didn't have to goto court for this ticket and was able to just plead guilty by mail and pay the fine. . . I think it depends on the state.