General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

why land speed racing sux and progress springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2000, 11:00 PM

HI-
Dear god save your self from the horrors of land speed racing. I have a 96 max and i ordered the progress springs from them. When i placed my order they said they had them in stock and they would be shiped the next day. Well like 5 days later no springs arived. So i called them up they said htey had been sent via ups and to expect them in about 4 days. I asked for the tracking number from landspeed and they refused to give it to me becuase they said that i would be able to alter the spiping method and they would have to foot the bill. Sounded a little shaddy but oh well i trusted them. WEll 4 days later no springs. I was so mad. I called UPS customer info and they told me that if i paid for the shiping then the tracking number was my proporty and if they were not giving it to me then it was because they were hiding something, such as they didnt have it cuz they didt send it! They said the stuff about changing the shipping was bull also. WEll I gave landspeed a call and after threatening to dispute the creditcard bill (which i had already been charged for despite them not even having the springs in stock)they said they were in stock but not at land speed ....at progress springs. HE said thet i shouldnt call progress directly because it would be like going behind his back. Well when i called progress i got to the facts of the matter. When i WAS charged for the springs that were suposedly "instock" at land speed they were not even finished being made at progress. The reason that they lied to me about sending them was that they didnt want to tell me this info. Progress shiped the springs direct to me. Just to warn you the springs are bright aqua. I had to have them painted flat black before i would put them on my car other then that i like em just fine.
Old 10-13-2000, 04:05 PM
ryz

????

Are these lowering springs ? give me the usual, price, height&ride quality & anything else you want to add .
Old 10-15-2000, 08:03 PM
Master Will

I have Progress springs on my car also. Drop is Front 1.75, Rear 1.5. I got mine from Lightningmotorsports.com, FREE S&H
for $179.00 and I love them I've had them for about a month. They shipped them from Progress. I ordered on a Monday and got them the next week on Wednesday. I live in Ga also and Lightningmotorsports is in Louisiana.
Old 10-15-2000, 08:26 PM
ryz

roads

Aren't the roads in ga pretty good ? So you could not really say how well they hold up to bad roads . NY should be the testing ground for all performance springs ,(Stamped with the big apple seal of approval)we have the worst roads .
So considering the roads ,how do you think they would do here ?
Old 10-15-2000, 08:39 PM
Master Will

They should do fine also consider what size rim you are running with your profile tire series 45,40,50,60,65,etc. the stiffer the sidewall, lower profile the harsher the ride even with stock springs. Mine ride good to me, also in Ga we have DIRT roads. how many in NY? Also you will sacrifice function/style for performance and looks no matter how it rides you want a lowered car. I'm keeping my stock springs in case I get "tired" of the springs. Also I'm running the stock tire and rim size. ENKEI 15x6.5" on 205/65R15.

[Edited by metallic97gxe on 10-17-2000 at 06:23 AM]
Old 10-16-2000, 07:49 PM
ryz

I am running stock 16 on 225/50 tires so that should be pretty comfortable .
Thanks for the all the info & no i have not encountered any dirt roads here .
Old 10-16-2000, 08:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You're running the stock SE rims? I got Yokohama AVID V4s in 215/55R16 and they seem to bubble too much. Hows the 225/50 setup? I have some pretty bad wear on the sides of the shoulders of the tires. Rollover.. And I run almost max pressure too..

ZuM

Originally posted by ryz
I am running stock 16 on 225/50 tires so that should be pretty comfortable .
Thanks for the all the info & no i have not encountered any dirt roads here .