General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

long...sorry just venting ...car shipped across country and i was robbed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2000, 11:08 AM

hey hey guys....back from the dead...just got my stuff shipped to the west coast(sf....my car was shipped also, via train. which sounded like a great idea. lemme tell you guys, it was the worst decision i've made in years. i was robbed blind. they stole my system. amps, tuner, and eq....gone...good thing they didnt notice the stealth box. ...@!##ff$@%$@%^. i was told that bums sneak on the traincars, sleep on the cars and steal the stuff for $$. wtf??? so now i have to speak to the claims manager on monday and get an estimate on repair. btw..i left everything in because i hadeverything bolted in the braces(center dash console)...they completely tore up the brackets and harness'...anyone in the sf area know where i can get an estimate written? i plan on going to nissan(thanks to jane and kev)for one but i'd like something local also(ie bodyshop) keep in mind that im new in sf and this sucks...all these years in nyc and know one breaks into it...move to cali...dammm hehe

also..since my whole center consloe is torn up, do you think it's possible to now put in the automatic climate controls? i have a 96 gxe and am wondering if mounting would be the same and if it comes prwired? hehe just a thought. thanks for letting me vent guys...any advice is appreciated.. hey i missed all the east coast meets but now i can catch the sf meets(without my boomin system)=(((

alos i want to change out my exhaust..should i go with the 2000 max muffler? drone gets to me now, especially since i have no music.. anyone one selling theirs? it will fit won't it? thanks again

j
Old 10-13-2000, 11:11 AM
I'm needing a caw

Sorry for your loss man-->

Looks like it was a pro hobo.
Old 10-13-2000, 11:35 AM

Drag man. But that's nothing. You wouldn't believe my cross country shipping saga. To make it really, really short - I had my Porsche 944 stolen from SF (this is about 6 years ago now). The car was recovered in Miami by the Metro Dade Police dept. I had to fly down there and get it. I arranged to have it shipped back to Cali thru a broker. The broker, brokered the job out to a trucker. The trucker picks up the car & then half way to Cali says that he's not going to deliver the car until the broker pays him for a job he did a year ago. In essence holding my car ransom. The broker says, "no way, this guys on crack", the trucker says, "screw you then" and dumps my car. I ended up sueing both of them. This was tied up in the courts for years.

Meanwhile, I've bought a Turbo Supra which I'm making monthlies on, while STILL making monthlies on a Porsche which I don't even know where it is! I never did get the car back. The broker went out of business & was never heard from again. I got one judegment against the trucker & garnished his checking account, netting me about $3000 after attorney fees and allowing me to pay off the loan. The trucker has now filed Chap. 13 & I can never recover another penny from anybody. And my Porsche is God-only-knows where.

So remember, it could always be worse.

Old 10-13-2000, 11:37 AM

Although - if it makes you feel any better, the idea of "Hobo's Auto Transport Service" definately sounds like it will make its way into The Bold & the BBS one day.

Old 10-13-2000, 12:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Man, that does suck HoboPro. Isn't it some kind of bizarre irony that it was hobos that stole the stuff too.

What the hell's wrong with people anyway?

Originally posted by Booker

Although - if it makes you feel any better, the idea of "Hobo's Auto Transport Service" definately sounds like it will make its way into The Bold & the BBS one day.

Old 10-13-2000, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by HoboPro
hey hey guys....back from the dead...just got my stuff shipped to the west coast(sf....my car was shipped also, via train. which sounded like a great idea. lemme tell you guys, it was the worst decision i've made in years. i was robbed blind. they stole my system. amps, tuner, and eq....gone...good thing they didnt notice the stealth box. ...@!##ff$@%$@%^. i was told that bums sneak on the traincars, sleep on the cars and steal the stuff for $$. wtf??? so now i have to speak to the claims manager on monday and get an estimate on repair. btw..i left everything in because i hadeverything bolted in the braces(center dash console)...they completely tore up the brackets and harness'...anyone in the sf area know where i can get an estimate written? i plan on going to nissan(thanks to jane and kev)for one but i'd like something local also(ie bodyshop) keep in mind that im new in sf and this sucks...all these years in nyc and know one breaks into it...move to cali...dammm hehe

also..since my whole center consloe is torn up, do you think it's possible to now put in the automatic climate controls? i have a 96 gxe and am wondering if mounting would be the same and if it comes prwired? hehe just a thought. thanks for letting me vent guys...any advice is appreciated.. hey i missed all the east coast meets but now i can catch the sf meets(without my boomin system)=(((

alos i want to change out my exhaust..should i go with the 2000 max muffler? drone gets to me now, especially since i have no music.. anyone one selling theirs? it will fit won't it? thanks again

j

If you are looking for a body shop, try 19th Ave Autobody in San Francisco. It is an excellent shop,and they have so much business they don't even bother with an ad in the yellow pages! If you go there, deal with Cliff (he's the manager). He's a very nice guy and definitely knows what he's talking about.

I don't know the exact address, but it's to the left of the entrance to 280 from 19th Ave (past SF State University). My family has taken three cars there (including my Maxima) for body work, and the car always comes out flawless.
Old 10-13-2000, 01:02 PM

The good part is....

Even with all that stereo stuff...he/she/they will only get 10-20% of it's original value.
Old 10-13-2000, 01:13 PM
Disco Biscuit

The bad part is, He'll have to pay full price to replace it

I pray my stuff is never stolen, cause I can no longer afford to replace any of it.... It sux thast happened dude. My condolences
Old 10-13-2000, 01:16 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

if you take it to a dealer, the esitmate for repair costs will be higher, then have the train company cut you that higher check, then take it to a local body shop, and offer to pay them in cash, hopefully the reapairs will be less than the issued check, then viola. fixed car and extra money from those stupid train bastards.
Old 10-13-2000, 04:40 PM

Sorry to hear about what happened.

Old 10-13-2000, 11:16 PM

Did they steal your air-bags too?

Sux man.