General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Is nissans paint improved at all, and how long does it take to dry??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is nissans paint improved at all, and how long does it take to dry??

Well the gf got her black altima last week, was in good condition except the body work left somehting to be desired, the dealer said they'd work with us and said they'd repaint the front bumper when we came back, its got two huge swirl/rub marks on it. I have a couple questions however, its a 2002 super black altima and i know all the paint chip problems the maximas have so did the paint quality improve at all or did nissan do anything to it or no? and more importantly, how much BS is this dealer feeding us, i.e. how long does it take for paint to dry enough to drive the car? its a 3 hour ride to the dealer and were going very early in the morning to get that among other things done, and they know we want this to be a one trip thing. but we realized, and i dont know that much about body work, but i figured it'd be longer than a day to do a complete re-spray and dry the paint to take the car home. They wrote out one of those "we owe" sheets signed by the sales manager so they'll def. do something, so im wondering how its going to work out, any feedback from you guys who worked with paint especially on a black car?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:00 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Paint dries in a spray booth, baked for about 30 min.
It will take a few hours after it comes out for it to cure hard.

You can drive the car the same day it's painted.

Dealers don't normally have paint shops in house, they usually sub-contract body & paint work to a local approved shop. I find it hard to believe they are going to repaint your bumper while you wait. That doesn't seem right.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well they gave us two diff days to come in when they could do it since the paint guys were gonna be there
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Suspension Yoda

Or the detail guys.