General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SC'ed 96 Maxima vs SC'ed plum 4 door Integra

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 10:34 AM

SC'ed 96 Maxima vs SC'ed plum 4 door Integra GSR

I TOASTED HIM!!!!
It was great! I was getting onto the highway this afternoon and coming home from school with the windows open and enjoying the 90 degree sunny weather. I am getting onto the highway and I see this plum 4 door Acura Integra (I think that is a GSR) with all the goodies on it. Nice wheels, clear corners, and a Greddy exhaust. He was in the fast lane and I was just getting on the highway yet to build up speed. I decide that I want to try to pace him and see if he wants a run. After a couple of miles I finally get up close to him with the OD button off on my AT with my supercharger singing a good note. I guess he heard me coming. I was traveling about 3-4 car lengths behind just in case he was going to get off the highway and didn't want to play. We see a large hole in traffic and the highway is wide open. I do a quick check of all my mirrors for the boys in blue and I'm in the clear. I guess the other driver did the same also.

We go through some more light traffic at moderate speeds until we get to a clearing in the highway where the traffic has really thinned out. I see him downshift by the puff of black smoke that came out of his exhaust and it was on. I mashed my throttle down and the race begins as I get into boost. My car really starts kicking up its legs to hunt him down. It gets to the point where I am inching up on polishing his bumper rather quickly. I get so close to his bumper from the great speeds in 4th gear that I decide that enough is enough and I let off and hit the hazards. The race is over and he knew that he just got toasted.

We pull over and talk for a while to talk about what we each have. Turns out that this plum foor door Integra was not stock. He was running a Jackson Racing supercharger at 12lbs of boost but blew the motor so it had a built motor to handle the 12lbs of boost. He is like "DAMN, I have never had someone hunt me down as viscously as you did. Especially not a Maxima!"

He later goes on to tell me that he usually walks people people at around 100-115, but my Maxima really did him in. He was flabbergasted and basically at a loss for words at the beatdown I put on him. He was a car guy and very cool about the whole thing.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:08 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Justin, we all know that's BS. I rode in your car and its not really that fast.

J/K good kill.

The ride with you ruined my car, it will never feel quick again...
Old 06-13-2001, 11:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mzmtg
Justin, we all know that's BS. I rode in your car and its not really that fast.

J/K good kill.

The ride with you ruined my car, it will never feel quick again...
I felt the same way when I rode in emax95's I30.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:34 AM

I wanna go for a ride

Someone take me for a ride!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 11:52 AM
Banned

i have seen that car!!
i once went up to the big chicken for a car show and he was there....he had one of the first SC for the gsr like 2yrs ago...he was talking like he was in the 13s quarter mile...
anyways....good kill
Old 06-13-2001, 03:10 PM

hmmmm

*looks for sc'd integras to race* .. errrrr good kill
Old 06-13-2001, 03:59 PM

Was the guy black?.. i know a black guy in ATL with a supercharged plum integ.. maybe its him
Old 06-13-2001, 04:18 PM

Race with an integra

Yeah the guy was black. His name was Deon

Screaminfast- where you located?

Originally posted by MaxiPad96
Was the guy black?.. i know a black guy in ATL with a supercharged plum integ.. maybe its him
Old 06-13-2001, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by OgreDave
hmmmm

*looks for sc'd integras to race* .. errrrr good kill
I ve road in Justins maxima too, and damn is it quick. Even with four ppl in there, it hauled. I remember the on ramp to the highway, man what a thrill! Justin great kill. I wonder what your car is like with just one person. Damn I bet thats killer.
Old 06-13-2001, 04:39 PM

Good kill jgadlage! Chalk one up for a supercharged auto Maxima. I guess a supercharger is worth it after all, even if you have an automatic.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:38 PM

I guess a SCed ITR will do better than the GS-R.....

300hp weights less than 2600lb..

Anyways, good kil!
Old 06-13-2001, 08:20 PM

anybody know where a GSR BBS is?

I want to see if this subject comes up. It would be interesting to see what the reaction is to it.
Old 06-13-2001, 09:37 PM

in fact Justin

There is a guy that I work with at the Southlake Carmax down here that owns a Forest Green GSR lowered, exhaust, and gold racing rims that has an SC on his Integra also. He has some Advanti racing rims on it and it says on his front window at the top Advan in gold and red. I havent road in it and I dont know him directly but he does have an SC in it. It looks to be a great sleeper because he doesnt have any exterior spoiler kits or anything. OH YEAH ITS A TWO DOOR vtec GSR, not the rare four door kind. I heard it hauls. Could be another kill for ya, if you see him. hehe!
Old 06-14-2001, 09:50 AM

Re: SC'ed 96 Maxima vs SC'ed plum 4 door Integra GSR

Originally posted by jgadlage
I TOASTED HIM!!!!
It was great! I was getting onto the highway this afternoon and coming home from school with the windows open and enjoying the 90 degree sunny weather. I am getting onto the highway and I see this plum 4 door Acura Integra (I think that is a GSR) with all the goodies on it. Nice wheels, clear corners, and a Greddy exhaust. He was in the fast lane and I was just getting on the highway yet to build up speed. I decide that I want to try to pace him and see if he wants a run. After a couple of miles I finally get up close to him with the OD button off on my AT with my supercharger singing a good note. I guess he heard me coming. I was traveling about 3-4 car lengths behind just in case he was going to get off the highway and didn't want to play. We see a large hole in traffic and the highway is wide open. I do a quick check of all my mirrors for the boys in blue and I'm in the clear. I guess the other driver did the same also.

We go through some more light traffic at moderate speeds until we get to a clearing in the highway where the traffic has really thinned out. I see him downshift by the puff of black smoke that came out of his exhaust and it was on. I mashed my throttle down and the race begins as I get into boost. My car really starts kicking up its legs to hunt him down. It gets to the point where I am inching up on polishing his bumper rather quickly. I get so close to his bumper from the great speeds in 4th gear that I decide that enough is enough and I let off and hit the hazards. The race is over and he knew that he just got toasted.

We pull over and talk for a while to talk about what we each have. Turns out that this plum foor door Integra was not stock. He was running a Jackson Racing supercharger at 12lbs of boost but blew the motor so it had a built motor to handle the 12lbs of boost. He is like "DAMN, I have never had someone hunt me down as viscously as you did. Especially not a Maxima!"

He later goes on to tell me that he usually walks people people at around 100-115, but my Maxima really did him in. He was flabbergasted and basically at a loss for words at the beatdown I put on him. He was a car guy and very cool about the whole thing.
Have you gone to the track? What is 0-60 & 1/4 mile times? What do you think of the GTech to measure 0-60 & 1/4 mile?